14A

HoopsTN1

87 Viking I am suprised UCditagain is posting after a loss. 2 years ago he posted all year how great UC was and after we beat them by 30 in the title game he hid. I even asked for his thoughts on the game with no reply ever. UC has great fans such as Copenoc and others. They stand up when UC win or lose.

87 Viking I am suprised UCditagain is posting after a loss. 2 years ago he posted all year how great UC was and after we beat them by 30 in the title game he hid. I even asked for his thoughts on the game with no reply ever. UC has great fans such as Copenoc and others. They stand up when UC win or lose.

First Galilee, were you at the game last night ?  If so, you can join in, otherwise, you have no clue of what went on.  87 vike made a comment about fouls, that's crying.  he won, he could have and should have said how much of a game they were given.  Union City went in as a heavy underdog, not even ranked in the state at that.  So, if you weren't at the game last night, I suggest you refocus before making comments.  If you were, then you missed some thing.  87 vike is a fan as am I but I also understand how things work, I know the game more than from a fans perspective.  I've been there before, on the floor.  And  Galilee, count your GOLD and Silver Balls in your trophy case, lets match what your team has verses what U C has, I'm sure the Tornadoes will out count on those.  I can back up anything I say, prove it and provide anything you want. Let me explain one other thing, when you come to any forum, you make comments to downgrade the play of a team because they almost beat yours, that's not respect.  NOT one time have I come on here this year and said anything negative about the play of Humboldt.  Even in some of my current post of last night and today, I complement Humboldts team.  87 Vike doesn't know how to do such.  Take lessons from oldschoolballa with his quote "Parker got high praise over the weekend from Penny Hardaway. Penny is quoted in the paper saying that Parker is hands down the best player in Class A and could easily be Mr. Basketball for class AA or AAA. He said his criteria for Mr. Basketball is someone who is clearly better than anyone else. The fact that Parker is double and sometimes triple teamed the whole game in class A is a sign of the other team saying this kid is better than us. Very interesting point from an NBA great!!!!!!! "  This is what respect is.  Just learn to win as a champion, not to downgrade others who already are.  In life, champions aren't well like because simply, well, they are champion programs.  

First Galilee, were you at the game last night ? If so, you can join in, otherwise, you have no clue of what went on. 87 vike made a comment about fouls, that's crying. he won, he could have and should have said how much of a game they were given. Union City went in as a heavy underdog, not even ranked in the state at that. So, if you weren't at the game last night, I suggest you refocus before making comments. If you were, then you missed some thing. 87 vike is a fan as am I but I also understand how things work, I know the game more than from a fans perspective. I've been there before, on the floor. And Galilee, count your GOLD and Silver Balls in your trophy case, lets match what your team has verses what U C has, I'm sure the Tornadoes will out count on those. I can back up anything I say, prove it and provide anything you want. Let me explain one other thing, when you come to any forum, you make comments to downgrade the play of a team because they almost beat yours, that's not respect. NOT one time have I come on here this year and said anything negative about the play of Humboldt. Even in some of my current post of last night and today, I complement Humboldts team. 87 Vike doesn't know how to do such. Take lessons from oldschoolballa with his quote "Parker got high praise over the weekend from Penny Hardaway. Penny is quoted in the paper saying that Parker is hands down the best player in Class A and could easily be Mr. Basketball for class AA or AAA. He said his criteria for Mr. Basketball is someone who is clearly better than anyone else. The fact that Parker is double and sometimes triple teamed the whole game in class A is a sign of the other team saying this kid is better than us. Very interesting point from an NBA great!!!!!!! " This is what respect is. Just learn to win as a champion, not to downgrade others who already are. In life, champions aren't well like because simply, well, they are champion programs.

Please, I said, " Parker was a great player & gave UC credit for playing a great game & making a statement about fouls is not crying it's facts (26-32) and never downgraded UC! UC will get another chance to play the Viking & I hope you post again before then!! & I didn't win the Vikings won!

My post was mostly about you hiding after the loss in 2015 title game. Do a search and see, not 1 post conerning that game. You posted daiily prior to the game. As for Stewart I have a great respect for him. He has no help and that is why UC will have a tough time beating good teams

It is obvious you have not seen them play lately.  Polk ( #5 ) is averaging 25 points a game and Weddle ( #2 ) is averaging 20 a game.  Parker does have help.  Union City has lost two their starters for the season due to a knee injury that was averaging 19 points per game ( Jones ) and another player in ( Walton ) with finger injury,  averaging 10 - 12 points per game.

Edited by ucdiditagain

Lol, so great & three (3) loses to the Viking!

The next time Humboldt and UC meet. It wont be at Martin.Sorry game i seen called in 30 years. Humboldt will only meet UC. one more time Tornadoes have a good team no doubt. Humboldt starters were out most of the game. That shows you how deep Humboldt. UC Sisco will not have the officials in is pocket next time. Humboldt did a great job beating 8!

Very proud of the Vikings on how they have played all season long.I still remember watching Cookie Smith,Harold Barnes and the others turn a 9-8 start into a berth in the AA state championship game in 1981 which was my senior year.Memphis Central won 61-55 but Cookie won the MVP.I don't think that's happened since when a player on the runner-up team won it but I might be wrong on that.For personal reasons that team has always been my favorite Vikings ever,even more that team that won the A title 4 years back.BUT,this team just might take over the top spot.I was glad to see the big travel distance to Martin didn't prevent our town from making the trip to supportthe team..Reading some posts in this thread really had me worried about that.See ya at the region tournament.

Very proud of the Vikings on how they have played all season long.I still remember watching Cookie Smith,Harold Barnes and the others turn a 9-8 start into a berth in the AA state championship game in 1981 which was my senior year.Memphis Central won 61-55 but Cookie won the MVP.I don't think that's happened since when a player on the runner-up team won it but I might be wrong on that.For personal reasons that team has always been my favorite Vikings ever,even more that team that won the A title 4 years back.BUT,this team just might take over the top spot.I was glad to see the big travel distance to Martin didn't prevent our town from making the trip to supportthe team..Reading some posts in this thread really had me worried about that.See ya at the region tournament.

The regional tournament will be at Bethel university for the semi-final & regional championship! If, 14a sweeps 13a in the first round will the tournament still be at Bethel? I know a few years ago when 14a sweep the games were switched to the 14a champion gym? So, does anybody know if that still holds true?

I've not said much on this all season. 87vikingalumni, your team is good but when you start crying about fouls and calls not going your way, you need to back up and understand it ain't going to go your way every game. I'm sure your the first one who stands, yells and refs from the stands every trip down the court. Our kids last night matched intensity kid for kid. We had kids in foul trouble also. Remember, Parker was the first player from Union City to receive the first foul. I'f you were a stud player like he is, as well as anyone of your players for Humboldt, you would eventually get tired of being double and triple teamed every game out...still managing to average 30 plus a game. That goes along with being a strong D 1 recruit and Mr. Basketball finalist. Free throws, that shows a young man schooling others above their level. Getting them to give in on playing in ways they aren't able to play. So, I have respect for the Vikings, they are really good, balanced team, undefeated in Tennessee, just try to act more like a observer of the game, not a 16 year old fan who only feels his team plays mistake free. Hope we play again at Bethel.

I could not believe what Sisco said on the post game show. Crying about the officials said they cost them the game. 32 times UC shot freebies what a cry baby!

The regional tournament will be at Bethel university for the semi-final & regional championship! If, 14a sweeps 13a in the first round will the tournament still be at Bethel? I know a few years ago when 14a sweep the games were switched to the 14a champion gym? So, does anybody know if that still holds true?

I've talked to a couple of people and asked if there's been anything that they've heard about moving it away from Bethel if 14-A sweeps and they said yes.Personally,I'd prefer they keep it at Bethel because I think it would give our teams a big advantage if they've played 4 post-season games in college gyms prior to the state tournament.And if they don't make it to state it'd still benefit them to play in a bigger setting.