14A

HoopsTN1

I just happen to know as we, our school system contacted UTM and Bethel and both gyms were occupied with games. That was done then and should be done now.  

The region that year was to be played at Bethel if 14A didn't sweep. So, no, Bethel was not contacted by your school system because it was already to be played there until the 14A sweep happened. UC wanted it at their place. Also, the Elam Center in Martin was in fact available during the Region dates in 2015. Check the dates. UTM was on the road the 2/15-2/27. UC hosted the Region semis & finals that year - 2/25 & 2/26 - because they wanted home court advantage period. Also, the dates were pushed to back to back to back nights because of weather that delayed the district championship game for a week.

The region that year was to be played at Bethel if 14A didn't sweep. So, no, Bethel was not contacted by your school system because it was already to be played there until the 14A sweep happened. UC wanted it at their place. Also, the Elam Center in Martin was in fact available during the Region dates in 2015. Check the dates. UTM was on the road the 2/15-2/27. UC hosted the Region semis & finals that year - 2/25 & 2/26 - because they wanted home court advantage period. Also, the dates were pushed to back to back to back nights because of weather that delayed the district championship game for a week.

Thanks, he's in his own world & thanks for speaking the truth, facts don't lie!! Humboldt will host the semi-final & final congrats Vikings!!!

Nobody from uc can talk about home cooking. Dresden got beat by 8 people last night and it was definitely home cooking. UC should not even be in the region tourney. Take your whipping uc and get over where the games are being held.

Lol, right!! You can't touch them without a foul being called they shot 35 plus free throws against Humboldt but they were holding, pushing, over the back & with no calls. Also, at the end of game, UC player pushed a Humboldt player & when he pushed back of course we were called for a tech when we had ball & up five (5) points with 2:1 seconds! UC got two free throws & ball, now that's home cooking!!!!

I've said before that if I had a vote it would be to have the region at Bethel regardless of the sweep.I just think the college gym would help adapt to the atmosphere at MTSU.But,on the other hand as a HHS alum I understand the desire to play at home.I have to say it's a lot of fun to review the last 15 pages or so of this thread to see the list of subjects UC fans have brought up & then dropped when things didn't go the way they predicted.BTW,"loose" means "not tight" & "lose" means you didn't "win".

Lol, right!! You can't touch them without a foul being called they shot 35 plus free throws against Humboldt but they were holding, pushing, over the back & with no calls. Also, at the end of game, UC player pushed a Humboldt player & when he pushed back of course we were called for a tech when we had ball & up five (5) points with 2:1 seconds! UC got two free throws & ball, now that's home cooking!!!!

I've said before that if I had a vote it would be to have the region at Bethel regardless of the sweep.I just think the college gym would help adapt to the atmosphere at MTSU.But,on the other hand as a HHS alum I understand the desire to play at home.I have to say it's a lot of fun to review the last 15 pages or so of this thread to see the list of subjects UC fans have brought up & then dropped when things didn't go the way they predicted.BTW,"loose" means "not tight" & "lose" means you didn't "win".

At this point, we have played five (5) games in a open gym, three (3) in Missouri & two (2) in UTM! Humboldt never gets to host a tournament & this team deserve to play at home, as rules states! At this point, we can't worry about Murfreesboro got to win three (3) games to get there & if we do Humboldt will have plenty of time to get practice in a college gym!! It's crazy now that UC fans have a issue because no one complained when the regionals were at south Fulton, Dresden, UC & other schools with gyms that are smaller then Humboldt!!

You guys keep harping on a player getting calls in a game. Give it a rest!!!! Certain players are going to get calls in a game because of who they are and what they have done. They have obviously earned that right in the officials eyes to get those calls. It happens in the pros, college and high school. Who you are and what you've accomplished DOES matter. It is what it is!!!!

You guys keep harping on a player getting calls in a game. Give it a rest!!!! Certain players are going to get calls in a game because of who they are and what they have done. They have obviously earned that right in the officials eyes to get those calls. It happens in the pros, college and high school. Who you are and what you've accomplished DOES matter. It is what it is!!!!

I harped on fouls not being called not a player & You are right, "it is what it is"!! Humboldt will be ready to play no matter what!!!

Not taking anything away from Bethel, but how does playing on Bethel's floor prepare anyone for what's to come in the Murphy Center? I like Bethel's facility a lot, it's nice... but I think the whole "preparing for Murfreesboro by playing at Bethel" is kind of too much. With that being said... I still think Humboldt gains more by hosting it on their home court. Their chances of winning the region improved just that much more.

• Upvote 1