14A

HoopsTN1

Yes Stewart is a great player but 18 points came from the free throw line can't touch him & he does a lot of pushing off & was over the back several times but Humboldt pulled together the last 3:00 minutes but a stupid tech for Humboldt player at the end when we had ball up 5 with 2.1 secs left!!

That's what I was saying earlier in my posts. He knows haw to get away with stuff and gets the calls and going to score 10 to 12 points from the line just about every game

Definitely wasn't taking anything away from Humbolt. I think a lot of those fouls were actually warranted. Stewart is just so frickin big. He makes those guys look tiny!!!! So they grab and pull because they had no choice.

Humbolt is a solid team. I guess I'm just trying to digest watching one kid almost beat Humbolt by himself. Stewart is the REAL DEAL

You must be his Dad. He gets his points.But a lot of it is he gets screens sometimes and is open.Wondering how he will do if a bigger player guarding him at the next level.Doesnt take much to get his shot off ,have to stay on top of him.I saw the Jones kid,about 2 inches shorter block him a couple times while he was still on the team.I think Stewart had 32 in that game and Jones 26.Stewart got about 14 at the line.

I think if Humboldt plays ,its going to be double digits unless Humboldt gets in foul trouble .And UC said Halls is done .I wouldn't sleep on them if they beat McKenzie. The best thing happened to Halls was losing to Trenton and getting 4th and staying away from Humboldt .If Stewart isn't on his game or maybe some different officials that don't let him barely push off ,it could be a loss for UC.I think it will happen.All the Humboldt fans should bring baby bottles if they were to play UC again as much as Cisco cries.

Regionals start Friday & Humboldt must continue to play as a team on defense & offense! I wished coach Abernathy would play a match up zone every once in a while because these refs almost fouled the entire starting five (5) out & two (2) bench players! If, it's a foul then call it but if not let the kids play & calling all those fouls give the other team time to rest! Hopefully, Humboldt will be ready/Focus & jump on teams early in tournament no time to have a bad night! Also, wanted to show much respect for coach Abernathy staying on seniors in classroom, first time that I know of that all seniors (six(6) from one (1) school) made academic all-district just shows he care about them outside of basketball!

I think what people are saying is that while Humboldt is a great team, Parker Stewart is a great player. Stewart knows how to use his body to draw contact like all big time scorers do. He'll use screens and anything else to get open and push off a little (remember that Jordan guy), all true scorers know how to squeeze off a maximum number of shots per contest. With all that being said, most of the time great teams (like Humboldt) beat great players (Stewart).

Almost forgot, my sources tell me that Memphis Mitchell has added 6'6 twins to their roster just in time for the post season. Coincidence or not ? Could this spell trouble for Humboldt ? What do ya'll think? And all Memphis Mitchell fans relax, i'm NOT calling you guys cheats, just kick starting the little conversation so feel free to hop in.

I could be wrong, just looking for someone with first hand knowledge on if this is true or not. Anyone out there with some info ?

Yes, it true! They transferred to Mitchell from WEB Duios & are now eligible to play Friday & have been practicing all year! Popular Bluff had the biggest team Humboldt has faced so far with a 6'8 center, 6''6 forward, 6'6 small forward, 6'6 point guard & 6'4 shooting guard still got to play defense. Besides Jones 6'5 & Pankey 6'4 most of Humboldt's opponents are taller then them. Walker, Martin & Child's are all under 5'10 but play bigger then their size! Humboldt has to continue to play team ball & take one game at a time!

The twins sat out all season after transfering to Mitchell. Their mom moved into oir area and really liked how we hold our athletes accountable in the classroom. She also realized that all they were learning at WEB was how to run down the floor and shoot the 3. They.sat out all season long and just became elgible. They were huge in their first game last night. One had to start because our starting center hurt his ankel in practice on Monday. They combined for 17 rebounds and 9 blocks.

You must be his Dad. He gets his points.But a lot of it is he gets screens sometimes and is open.Wondering how he will do if a bigger player guarding him at the next level.Doesnt take much to get his shot off ,have to stay on top of him.I saw the Jones kid,about 2 inches shorter block him a couple times while he was still on the team.I think Stewart had 32 in that game and Jones 26.Stewart got about 14 at the line.