14A

HoopsTN1

Got word that 14-A boys tourney is headed for UT-Martin. Good or bad move??

I think it's a great opportunity to play on a college floor, especially for teams like Humbolt and Union City, with hopes of playing at the glass house, you already know what to expect, you already have shot in a Arena type gym. Plus it gives your players opportunities to play in front of college coaches if they don't have games.

I think it could be because the gym at Greenfield is too small to host the boys semis.It never should've been considered in the first place.Gibson County is the best place IMO but UTM is close to Greenfield so maybe that's the reason.Why not have the girls play in Greenfield and the boys at GC?What law says the boys and girls both must play at the same place?

The district tournament rotates each year and this is Greenfield's year to host, if some fans don't like it...don't attend ! I heard the move was made to accommodate the Humboldt and Union City crowds. Those two always bring a packed house plus you've got the other six teams' fans to think about. UTM is a neutral site that can seat everyone simultaneously, so no one has an advantage, may the best team win ! Sure, Parker works out there, but not his teammates and it is a team game, so that won't be a big deal. This year's tournament will have a college feel to it, so it'll be more exciting when the crowds get rockin' !!

P.S. - The driving distance shouldn't make a difference for Humboldt. Sounds like some of their fans are already looking for an excuse, should they lose. Is that what they're gonna say IF the team loses at state ? That it was caused by the long drive to Murfreesboro...lol.

The district tournament rotates each year and this is Greenfield's year to host, if some fans don't like it...don't attend ! I heard the move was made to accommodate the Humboldt and Union City crowds. Those two always bring a packed house plus you've got the other six teams' fans to think about. UTM is a neutral site that can seat everyone simultaneously, so no one has an advantage, may the best team win ! Sure, Parker works out there, but not his teammates and it is a team game, so that won't be a big deal. This year's tournament will have a college feel to it, so it'll be more exciting when the crowds get rockin' !!

P.S. - The driving distance shouldn't make a difference for Humboldt. Sounds like some of their fans are already looking for an excuse, should they lose. Is that what they're gonna say IF the team loses at state ? That it was caused by the long drive to Murfreesboro...lol.

Lol, Are you really serious! You haven't heard one Humboldt fan complain just like everybody else on here was asking the reason why!! No excuses & I live in Nashville so no matter I will be driving! Also, the Humboldt fans will drive wherever so it don't matter you still got to play!! Also, the coaches vote on were the district will be played because a district tournament hasn't been vote to be played in Humboldt & I graduated in 1987! Your statement about the accommodation being made for Humboldt is totally false, Humboldt asked for it to be played at Gibson County high school & that's a fact!!!

Great move on the part of the Greenfield contingent to move the tourney to UTM. I wished they could play the girl's tourney there too. I see Humboldt and UC in the boy's championship and Greenfield and Gibson County in the girl's side. I wouldn't be too surprised if either the Peabody boys or girls pull an upset along the way...either in District or Region. I don't see any of the 13A district boy's winning against any of the 14A boys in the Region. It consistently seems like a different style of play. The girls is up for grabs though and should be some great games in both the District and Region tourneys. Ready to get this thing going....

Why are they playing at UTM when none of the schools, from the district, are in Martin? I know UTM gym will hold more but it doesn't make since, could have played at Gibson County or Trenton, it's bad for Humboldt because they will have to drive the longest distance & they won the regular season title!!!!!!

This may not be an all out complaint, but you gotta admit it is a little whiny....lol. My statement about the move being made to accommodate the crowd sizes from UC and Humboldt is 100% ACCURATE !! Think about it, you are driving all the way down from Nashville to see the game. Imagine all the fans locally that plan on attending. The UC followers are just as passionate and travel just as well as Humboldt fans. UC vs Humboldt would overflow most high school gyms, now try adding the fans from six other schools. This was a smart move on Greenfield's part to keep everyone happy. The atmosphere will be electric with everybody comfortably seated in one facility. GC and Trenton couldn't hold everyone at once ! Now, problem solved.

This may not be an all out complaint, but you gotta admit it is a little whiny....lol. My statement about the move being made to accommodate the crowd sizes from UC and Humboldt is 100% ACCURATE !! Think about it, you are driving all the way down from Nashville to see the game. Imagine all the fans locally that plan on attending. The UC followers are just as passionate and travel just as well as Humboldt fans. UC vs Humboldt would overflow most high school gyms, now try adding the fans from six other schools. This was a smart move on Greenfield's part to keep everyone happy. The atmosphere will be electric with everybody comfortably seated in one facility. GC and Trenton couldn't hold everyone at once ! Now, problem solved.

Don't matter were the game is played got to show up & play, Humboldt fans will be there not an issue!

I like watching Humboldt and I am from Jackson and I think it sucks that they moved it to UTM. Good for crowd control but sucks for the drive. And whiny or not it is an advantage when you are already accustomed to a gym. Floor size, depth perception, atmosphere all matters. Thats why teams struggle shooting in Mboro. But, u gotta do what you gotta do. Good luck Vikings! I think they will be playing regional championship and substate

I personally don't see Humboldt losing .I think UC can be beaten by Halls or Trenton if they were to play.UC is down this year compared to years past.  Better hope Stewart doesn't get in foul trouble .Officials in our district seem like they let him get away with going over backs for rebounds and pushing off slightly .Steward knows how to play the game .Doesn't  take much of a push to make a play and he does it very well.If they don't call it early ,he sees that and gets away with it.We'll see how its called in the region.Would think if its Memphis officials they will let them play. But overall ,this UC teams doesn't comapare..I actually think Halls has more talent.Just have to keep Stewart from going off.