Mairvul goes upp two Dobbuns Bent-It

STARSNBARS

I'd say some guys in that situation would have filed a lawsuit over the retraction after a day of bragging and buying up 50 copies.Maybe some wifes as well !

BatmanDB I'll put my hand on the bible and tell you that I have a one paper here at the house where they put a picture of a little girl holding a chicken in her arms for a 4-H Club Article and accidentally put it in the place of a couple celebrating their 50th anniversary together. If I knew just where it was at right now at the moment I would post it. I made sure to keep it because no one would ever believe it unless you showed it to them.

Edited by BarneySox2007

I fully understand what you are saying, #27 is a really good player and I know he would have made a difference in the game. I guess my point is your team is good and won, so there was no need to make excuses for why DB was able to score 34 points. As someone said on here, you all go 3 deep without missing a beat, and you have the best coaching staff and youth programs In the State of TN. DB has good depth on the offensive line and pretty good depth on the defensive line, but are lacking in depth in many of the other positions. So unlike Mville, DB took a loss to your little brother WB when #35, #79, along with a couple others that were out and the #6, and #2 went out with injuries! People made fun when that was mentioned but it does make a difference when a couple key players can't play! After watching the game on Friday, do you have any doubt DB would beat WB if #35 and #6 were able to play against WB?[/

WB's best player sat on the bench with a sprained ankle a lot during the DB game. His injury happened before the game and he irritated it in the 1st Qtr. We were also missing atleast one or two guys that were key on the line. The difference in that game was WB played a darn near perfect game. We did not turn the ball over, we did not get behind the chains with penalties, and we played really physical on both sides of the ball. I could make the argument that the Govs would have won the last 3 games if it werent for injuries, but the bottom line is we still were in close games and blew opportunities with stupid mistakes. The moral of the story is if you play the way the Govs did in Kingsport you will always have a chance regardless of who is lined up against you.

I fully understand what you are saying, #27 is a really good player and I know he would have made a difference in the game. I guess my point is your team is good and won, so there was no need to make excuses for why DB was able to score 34 points. As someone said on here, you all go 3 deep without missing a beat, and you have the best coaching staff and youth programs In the State of TN. DB has good depth on the offensive line and pretty good depth on the defensive line, but are lacking in depth in many of the other positions. So unlike Mville, DB took a loss to your little brother WB when #35, #79, along with a couple others that were out and the #6, and #2 went out with injuries! People made fun when that was mentioned but it does make a difference when a couple key players can't play! After watching the game on Friday, do you have any doubt DB would beat WB if #35 and #6 were able to play against WB?[/

WB's best player sat on the bench with a sprained ankle a lot during the DB game. His injury happened before the game and he irritated it in the 1st Qtr. We were also missing atleast one or two guys that were key on the line. The difference in that game was WB played a darn near perfect game. We did not turn the ball over, we did not get behind the chains with penalties, and we played really physical on both sides of the ball. I could make the argument that the Govs would have won the last 3 games if it werent for injuries, but the bottom line is we still were in close games and blew opportunities with stupid mistakes. The moral of the story is if you play the way the Govs did in Kingsport you will always have a chance regardless of who is lined up against you.

I guess it doesn't really matter what we say about DB or WB losing when they could have won! We are better than we played that night but I will say you do have some really good players that played great that night! Losing key players hurts the majority of teams, Maryville can overcome it better than most with the depth they have! WB and Heritage have a few players that could play for Maryville skill wise, but chose to stay at their school. I know Maryville will continue to be one of the premier teams in the state of TN, but I wonder if the two new coaches in town will be able to keep enough players to hurt Maryville or at least bring it back to where other Northeast TN teams can at least compete! It is possible that Maryville will not be the Champion of the Big East, but they are more than likely going to be #1, the real question is, who will earn the 2-4 spots? The next 2 weeks will start giving us a good indication of how it will all shake out!

ame="Governors91" post="3575196" timestamp="1475524781"]

I guess it doesn't really matter what we say about DB or WB losing when they could have won! We are better than we played that night but I will say you do have some really good players that played great that night! Losing key players hurts the majority of teams, Maryville can overcome it better than most with the depth they have! WB and Heritage have a few players that could play for Maryville skill wise, but chose to stay at their school. I know Maryville will continue to be one of the premier teams in the state of TN, but I wonder if the two new coaches in town will be able to keep enough players to hurt Maryville or at least bring it back to where other Northeast TN teams can at least compete! It is possible that Maryville will not be the Champion of the Big East, but they are more than likely going to be #1, the real question is, who will earn the 2-4 spots? The next 2 weeks will start giving us a good indication of how it will all shake out!

true,I don't think DB get's beat and lands near the top.I However also said about the same last year.I believe my words were a monkey could coach them to 6-4  but anything above 7-3 would be a really good job .DB has a much better team this year and anything below 7-3 I would have never thought possible,still don't.

ame="Governors91" post="3575196" timestamp="1475524781"]

WB's middle school team just won the championship and had an undefeated season. Good things are coming.

They interview some middle school players every week at halftime on the radio broadcast. All of them have said they are excited to get to play for WB in the coming years.

That would be a trend that has not happen in years. Alcoa is pretty loaded WB zoned kids.