Watertown @ Forrest

IMO, I don't think Forrest is going to give up as many as Yall think. I don't think Watertown is going to give up that many either though. I think it's safe to say that most are picking H2O to win. Let's shift a bit, what would be better for these 2 in the playoffs? A 10-7 slobber knocker, or a barn burner?

I have no score prediction. 

Some final thoughts. 

- One thing that occurred to me was how well Watertown is coached. If you look at their highlights, they REPEATEDLY catch opposing defenses out of position. They use the pass to set up the run, and vice versa. This is fundamental, obviously, but you watch these plays and you wonder how could the defense be so far off the line when this kid is running, or how could the back 7 be so soft in coverage on all these slants and short routes. Watertown makes it look easy because they are so diverse as an offense.

- I think Forrest's D will be content to give up some of the short stuff in the passing game. A bend but don't break mentality similar to the 98 Vols in some ways. Tackling is HUGE here though. If you're Forrest in the first half and your 1st and 2nd kids are missing the runner and their receivers are getting yards after the catch, it's going to be a long night.

- Forrest, and this is also obvious, needs long clock eating drives. Keeps W'Town's O off the field. If Forrest is having 3 and outs on offense early that is NOT good.

Summary:

- Watertown's play calling keeps a defense guessing, therefore making it more of a science than a "talent" thing- make no mistake Watertown is VERY talented. 

- Forrest needs long drives, no 3 and outs early especially.

- Forrest needs TERRIFIC tackling all game

Forrest needs to play their best game in a decade to win. I think they can do it.

Since I will NOT be there will someone PLEASE post updates 

IMO, I don't think Forrest is going to give up as many as Yall think. I don't think Watertown is going to give up that many either though. I think it's safe to say that most are picking H2O to win. Let's shift a bit, what would be better for these 2 in the playoffs? A 10-7 slobber knocker, or a barn burner?[/quote

as I said I don't know anything about Forrest, but I can't imagine Watertown getting held to 10 points. Should be a great game whatever the outcome

IMO, I don't think Forrest is going to give up as many as Yall think. I don't think Watertown is going to give up that many either though. I think it's safe to say that most are picking H2O to win. Let's shift a bit, what would be better for these 2 in the playoffs? A 10-7 slobber knocker, or a barn burner?[/quote

as I said I don't know anything about Forrest, but I can't imagine Watertown getting held to 10 points. Should be a great game whatever the outcome

as I said, I don't think they will be held to 10 either. Just trying to fill Ya in on forrest just a bit. I picked Watertown to win actually, ugh.

The rest was just a mere amusement for this thread.

Some final thoughts.

- One thing that occurred to me was how well Watertown is coached. If you look at their highlights, they REPEATEDLY catch opposing defenses out of position. They use the pass to set up the run, and vice versa. This is fundamental, obviously, but you watch these plays and you wonder how could the defense be so far off the line when this kid is running, or how could the back 7 be so soft in coverage on all these slants and short routes. Watertown makes it look easy because they are so diverse as an offense.

- I think Forrest's D will be content to give up some of the short stuff in the passing game. A bend but don't break mentality similar to the 98 Vols in some ways. Tackling is HUGE here though. If you're Forrest in the first half and your 1st and 2nd kids are missing the runner and their receivers are getting yards after the catch, it's going to be a long night.

- Forrest, and this is also obvious, needs long clock eating drives. Keeps W'Town's O off the field. If Forrest is having 3 and outs on offense early that is NOT good.

Summary:

- Watertown's play calling keeps a defense guessing, therefore making it more of a science than a "talent" thing- make no mistake Watertown is VERY talented.

- Forrest needs long drives, no 3 and outs early especially.

- Forrest needs TERRIFIC tackling all game

Forrest needs to play their best game in a decade to win. I think they can do it.

Well said!!! That is a breakdown of both teams... Edited by diesel28

Some final thoughts. 

- One thing that occurred to me was how well Watertown is coached. If you look at their highlights, they REPEATEDLY catch opposing defenses out of position. They use the pass to set up the run, and vice versa. This is fundamental, obviously, but you watch these plays and you wonder how could the defense be so far off the line when this kid is running, or how could the back 7 be so soft in coverage on all these slants and short routes. Watertown makes it look easy because they are so diverse as an offense.

Summary:

- Forrest needs long drives, no 3 and outs early especially.

- Forrest needs TERRIFIC tackling all game

Very good post here...Forrest is a very good team and should be a game where an unstoppable force meets an unmovable object. i Hope for a great game a good atmosphere and no injuries....I will as well be pulling for both squads after this game.... unless we meet in the playoffs.