Trezevant to forfeit all games; will have an audit on grades

Galilee

What I'm hearing is that the principal has it in for Teli White. They have butted heads a couple of times in the few months he has been there. This is just rumor but it is from the inside. It makes sense to me because of the swiftness of the principal to forfeit games and cancel the season. This is his first year at Trezevant and a lot of people are skeptical about his intentions because he and the new athletic director who came along with him are white. Some believe his motive is to get his own coaches and financial secretary also. The TSSAA found no evidence of cheating or academic fraud and some are wondering why forfeit games voluntarily before there could even be an investigation.

This was not started by some random poster trying to start a rumor about Trezevant cheating. The Shelby County School chief of communications said "players report cards were not matching grades on transcripts." Then they went on to say that they canceled Trezevants football season. I think it would be worth everybody's time to go back and read the first post on this thread by Galilee. All this was started by somebody inside the Trezevants school system. My opinion is that no one would make that type a statement unless they had proof that it actually happened. I'm sure that I am like everyone else, confused! The school finds some discrepancies on the football players and cancels the season. TSSAA evidently goes in and says they can't find any discrepancies and that the football team can keep playing. Meanwhile, the coach is still suspended. And the investigation is still going on. We will all just have to wait until the investigation is over to find out what actually happened, I guess.

You play great teams. Just need better games in you're region. Can't do much about that. No 2a team in the East plays the type of outta conference teams you do.

You're right but all the teams this way mostly run the ball and that is why we have good run defense but our pass defense rarely see a good passing game and running. We struggle when we face teams that can do both.

This was not started by some random poster trying to start a rumor about Trezevant cheating. The Shelby County School chief of communications said "players report cards were not matching grades on transcripts." Then they went on to say that they canceled Trezevants football season. I think it would be worth everybody's time to go back and read the first post on this thread by Galilee. All this was started by somebody inside the Trezevants school system. My opinion is that no one would make that type a statement unless they had proof that it actually happened. I'm sure that I am like everyone else, confused! The school finds some discrepancies on the football players and cancels the season. TSSAA evidently goes in and says they can't find any discrepancies and that the football team can keep playing. Meanwhile, the coach is still suspended. And the investigation is still going on. We will all just have to wait until the investigation is over to find out what actually happened, I guess.

Strange deal to say the least.

Great post. Glad the kids can still play.

Reitz...there's something else bothering me. Going to throw political correctness out the window, so bear with me. The Memphis posters always throw out there the "you don't understand the surroundings these kids have to grow up in" in the defense of their own kids/coaches in most situations...when I heard the news that there were some grades altered, games forfeited, coaches suspended, I was furious that the kids were being cheated out of an education in order that they may continue to play football. Not one of the Memphis posters seem to have been upset that the kids were being used, and not receiving the education needed to better themselves...not one! All that you got was "they had to find some way to keep Trez from winning (paraphrase)". Football be danged...that's human lives, and their opportunity to have a better life through education being stolen from them.

You're right but all the teams this way mostly run the ball and that is why we have good run defense but our pass defense rarely see a good passing game and running. We struggle when we face teams that can do both.

If you play AE ,they will throw the ball all night. And trust me,they are good at it.

as the football coach is suspended, one would naturally assume that the football program may still be under some sort of scrutiny. If the football program were totally clean, I would see no reason to suspend the head coach. Jmo

The coach being suspended has to do with his role as a teacher and not as a coach I would assume.

Just read an interesting article on The Jackson Sun. It stated that the TSSAA has not investigated Trezevant according to the article which states they received email responses from the tssaa's Mr Childress. I wish I could figure out how to link the article but I'm not having much luck doing so. Perhaps someone with more technical knowledge could do so. The article appears to clear up some of this mess.

Edited by ReitzFan

Just read an interesting article on The Jackson Sun. It stated that the TSSAA has not investigated Trezevant according to the article which states they received email responses from the tssaa's Mr Childress. I wish I could figure out how to link the article but I'm not having much luck doing so. Perhaps someone with more technical knowledge could do so. The article appears to clear up some of this mess.

So correct me if I'm wrong. TSSAA does not have to investigate every reported violation, they are self authorized to delegate that responsibility to someone else? This is not a shot at you Reitz, I just honestly am trying to understand the situation. Edited by Wildcard1

http://www.jacksonsun.com/story/sports/high-school/football/2016/10/05/trezevant-situation-raises-red-flags/91645466/