Trezevant to forfeit all games; will have an audit on grades

Galilee

Thats what I've been reading on here but they have to get there first. I hope one of you guys can take them out.

They are NOT a lock by any means. Fun team to watch though. I'd love to see that game.

IMO the advantage we would have had last season against Trez is the same advantage we had against MC (for a lil bit) and that was the passing game....AE is the only one that comes to mind that would have the passing game to compete with Trez this time around...Nobody has a good chance to stop Trez's run game nor stay with them with a 'run only' O.

BUT, AE has to get thru some top tier competition, healthy, to get there  

one thing i think a lot of you guys are missing in all of this:  The TSSAA is not part of this investigation.  

each school declares their own students as eligible or not.  The TSSAA only said they received nothing from Trezevant saying that anyone was ineligible.  

Now, whether or not the grades were changed is a different question.   The TSSAA only requires that a certain number of credits are earned each year to be eligible the next year.  They are not concerned with actual GPA's of students.   The NCAA, on the other hand, is concerned with GPA. 

So players' transcript grades could have been changed to raise GPA to make a student get through the NCAA clearinghouse.   For example, changing a few D's to B's.   This action, while unethical, would not make a student ineligible based on TSSAA rules.

My guess would be that this is what this whole ordeal is about. 

this gets crazier by the day. I trust the slick TSSAA about as far as I can see to the nearest mint where they print money. Willie be careful with the racial insinuations. I'm not denying what you said but it's becoming far too easy to blame race for everything these days. 

I agree with you on the race situation that's why I've never mentioned it but that's what I'm hearing now. That's why I used the words rumor because I didn't think that was the reason for this. But like you say it gets crazier everyday. Now I see why people usually don't give out info until the investigation is complete.

IMO the advantage we would have had last season against Trez is the same advantage we had against MC (for a lil bit) and that was the passing game....AE is the only one that comes to mind that would have the passing game to compete with Trez this time around...Nobody has a good chance to stop Trez's run game nor stay with them with a 'run only' O.

BUT, AE has to get thru some top tier competition, healthy, to get there  

Coming out of the east is hard when I look at the polls it seems all the teams are in the east. I have recently just started to follow those teams because of Trezevant's emergence as a contender. The higher the division the better the football out east. Every Friday I'm checking on Adamsville, Trinity, Mckenzie from the west. But the east its a multitude of teams Marion,Hamp,Boyd, Forrest then I look up one week and South Pittsburgh beats Marion. I'm like wow because upsets are rare this way.  

What I'm hearing is that the principal has it in for Teli White. They have butted heads a couple of times in the few months he has been there. This is just rumor but it is from the inside. It makes sense to me because of the swiftness of the principal to forfeit games and cancel the season. This is his first year at Trezevant and a lot of people are skeptical about his intentions because he and the new athletic director who came along with him are white. Some believe his motive is to get his own coaches and financial secretary also. The TSSAA found no evidence of cheating or academic fraud and some are wondering why forfeit games voluntarily before there could even be an investigation.

If this is true then this is BAD for coach Telli White. Principals do what they want. If he wants Telli gone ... Telli will be gone. I've seen this movie in Memphis too many times. Doesn't matter if Telli has done anything wrong or not. He will find a way to get rid of Telli, even if the truth has to be bent ever so slightly. I've even seen the administration just say ... "we want to go in another direction" ... gold balls or not. If this is true and he wants Telli gone ... it's a done deal. I pray this isn't the case. This happens a great deal with new school administrations and head coaches of the football team. New principle comes in and the next thing you know, the head coach of the football team is fired ... and in some cases, the head football coach had a winning program at that school.

Just ask Wayne Randal who coached at East.

Edited by kwc

Coming out of the east is hard when I look at the polls it seems all the teams are in the east. I have recently just started to follow those teams because of Trezevant's emergence as a contender. The higher the division the better the football out east. Every Friday I'm checking on Adamsville, Trinity, Mckenzie from the west. But the east its a multitude of teams Marion,Hamp,Boyd, Forrest then I look up one week and South Pittsburgh beats Marion. I'm like wow because upsets are rare this way.  

The east teams, west of us, are usually top tier....Most of us far east teams (any division), that are poll listed each year, will not be able to put together teams (year after year) to get deep in playoffs or to championships...Home boys make up most teams around here and finding 11 studs to play both side of the ball in these small, rural schools, that can get you to a championship, doesn't come around very often.

We have the same situation in basketball...Last three years we've made it to state to lose to Memphis Mitchell in final 4 (all close games), who went on to win championships....It is what it is

What I'm hearing is that the principal has it in for Teli White. They have butted heads a couple of times in the few months he has been there. This is just rumor but it is from the inside. It makes sense to me because of the swiftness of the principal to forfeit games and cancel the season. This is his first year at Trezevant and a lot of people are skeptical about his intentions because he and the new athletic director who came along with him are white. Some believe his motive is to get his own coaches and financial secretary also. The TSSAA found no evidence of cheating or academic fraud and some are wondering why forfeit games voluntarily before there could even be an investigation.

I recently heard some "barbershop talk" as well about coach White and the new principal not getting along and the principal trying to sabatoge the season just to have a reason to get rid of coach White. Idk if it's true or not but that's the word around town. It's still no reason for the principal to report the school to the board for wrongdoing and attempt to forfeit games without solid proof of wrongdoing. If the investigation found that the team is clear of any wrongdoing then what else could they be investigating? This whole ordeal is a big mess. Praying that the kids can stay focus and persevere through all this...

.......unfortunate that u had to toss that card out there...rumor or no rumor...not sure how all plays out; but students, school and a community are hurt by the bad decision makin of a few and its very unfortunate....quessin this ant the fault of one persons personal feelings.....rumor or not; thinkin a bad play on your part

Booger just sayin