Mr. Football Nominees List

BoardHater71

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't disagree in the least. I had a former long-time NFL player tell me Friday night that he thought Chase was the most complete football player he's seen in this area (at the high school level). I even brought up Harrison Smith and Randall Cobb....

Here we go again..... agreed he's a great player, but not even on the same planet with the likes of Randall Cobb.

Tre Crutcher from Marshall County is having an impressive year.  Not sure he's going to have quite the stats, but he's become a phenomenal playmaker on offense for the Tigers.  

Cain McWilliams from Marshall County as lineman.  Not sure on his stats, but he's anchoring what I would guess is one of the better defenses in 4A.  

Here we go again..... agreed he's a great player, but not even on the same planet with the likes of Randall Cobb.

He clarified it by saying at the high school level. Cobb was no doubt more explosive but I literally think you could play Kuerschen any where on the field. He's bigger and stronger by far than Cobb was in high school and probably has a meaner streak. I know it won't necessarily translate to the same success in college or the pro level.

He clarified it by saying at the high school level. Cobb was no doubt more explosive but I literally think you could play Kuerschen any where on the field. He's bigger and stronger by far than Cobb was in high school and probably has a meaner streak. I know it won't necessarily translate to the same success in college or the pro level.

This gentleman must not have seen many other players in this area at the high school level. Again, I'm not saying the kid isnt an excellent football player, however to say he's the most complete? I'd say that stretching it a bit.

This gentleman must not have seen many other players in this area at the high school level. Again, I'm not saying the kid isnt an excellent football player, however to say he's the most complete? I'd say that stretching it a bit.

He's coached youth football for 20+ years and attended Catholic football games for 15 years. Also in addition to being a Pro Bowl NFL player, he's been a professional sports agent along with an Academic All-American. So what would he know???

Who would you say in the last 20 years?

He's coached youth football for 20+ years and attended Catholic football games for 15 years. Also in addition to being a Pro Bowl NFL player, he's been a professional sports agent along with an Academic All-American. So what would he know???

Who would you say in the last 20 years?

Too many to list really. However, at the high school level, I can name three from last years Alcoa team. Dustin Clabough and either of the two McClurg twins. There have also been a few from Maryville and many from Fulton and Greeneville as well as many other schools. To say one individual is the most complete ever would be difficult to argue, because it's impossible for one individual to see all the talent out there.....

I'll also add Austin Tallant from 2009.....

Edited by Throwdeslant