Nashville Christian ....

fredjones

themirrorthief,

If the new rules are what you say, how can any private stay in D1? You know they all do the same things. I have heard strong talk here in Knoxville, that privates are using "sponsors" to pay the tuition of student-athletes that can't afford to pay the high cost of tuition and bus rides to and from school. I'm betting that privates will still use "Little Johnny's or Sara's Mom/Dad" to work the cafeteria lunch line,sell popcorn & cokes at the concession stand, work in the main office sorting the mail, being a substitute teacher, custodian, bus driver, whatever so the star player, male or female can come to said private school and get the education of there life.

Shoulda MADE ALL PRIVATES GO D2 and that would solved that problem. Once a thief, always a thief; once a cheater, always a cheater!

themirrorthief,

If the new rules are what you say, how can any private stay in D1? You know they all do the same things. I have heard strong talk here in Knoxville, that privates are using "sponsors" to pay the tuition of student-athletes that can't afford to pay the high cost of tuition and bus rides to and from school. I'm betting that privates will still use "Little Johnny's or Sara's Mom/Dad" to work the cafeteria lunch line,sell popcorn & cokes at the concession stand, work in the main office sorting the mail, being a substitute teacher, custodian, bus driver, whatever so the star player, male or female can come to said private school and get the education of there life.

Shoulda MADE ALL PRIVATES GO D2 and that would solved that problem. Once a thief, always a thief; once a cheater, always a cheater!

Where there is a rule,there is a way to break it.

Here's what you don't understand TheMirrorThief.... These kids don't have parents who "sell popcorn and soda" at the games to pay for a private school education. These kids work in the summer, after 3 hours of strength/conditioning or practice. They work outside in the heat. I saw guys moving a mountain of sand and dirt in order to facilitate building and refurbishing our bleachers and football field. They clean gyms up after basketball games. They help teachers move and set up classrooms. They are a part of making the school better. They take pride in being a part of a community that supports each other. Moms work in the daycare, partnering with parents to raise children... To raise future Eagles. So maybe that's the "recruiting" that everyone SCREAMS about on these boards. My kid was never "recruited". He contributes athletically on a weekly basis. He has been at NCS since 1st grade. He has been part of a community that has built a decent athletic program, period.

Edited by ballmom615

themirrorthief,

If the new rules are what you say, how can any private stay in D1?  You know they all do the same things.  I have heard strong talk here in Knoxville, that privates are using "sponsors" to pay the tuition of student-athletes that can't afford to pay the high cost of tuition and bus rides to and from school.  I'm betting that privates will still use "Little Johnny's or Sara's Mom/Dad" to work the cafeteria lunch line,sell popcorn & cokes at the concession stand, work in the main office sorting the mail, being a substitute teacher, custodian, bus driver, whatever so the star player, male or female can come to said private school and get the education of there life.

Shoulda MADE ALL PRIVATES GO D2 and that would solved that problem.  Once a thief, always a thief; once a cheater, always a cheater!

You've heard "strong talk" about cheating? Well, my goodness, you need to take that news to the TSSAA and report what you've heard or know! Better yet, go ahead and spill the beans here about who it was and who sponsored him. Afterall, he deserves to be exposed doesn't he?  

You said, "Once a thief, always a thief; once a cheater, always a cheater!"  You dont even realize how stupid that sounds do you? I saw way more corruption in public schools than I would ever dream of seeing at NCS.  I have seen cheerleading coaches steal fundraising money, a football/basketball player expelled a second time for drugs and then allowed back in school and on both teams (TSSAA No No) coaches arrested for statutory rape with a high school student and teachers soliciting prostitutes online durring the school day. That is what I Do know and DID see at the public school my son attended, but Im not about to lump your school or any other in with them and say "They all do this."  Schools, whether private or public are a community all unto their own made of students, parents, and administration. Good and bad people are in both public and private. We all just pray that the good outweighs the bad. 

There are so many people who have unfounded claims about cheating, breaking rules etc on here. "I heard this", "so and so said he heard this", "I bet this or that goes on" and none of you come forth with a shred of evidence.  The rules have been what they are for years and they will change next year. Where is the proof that any have been broken? We "all do the same things"?  What do we do? Anyone? "I heard this" or "I heard that", "I think this" or "I think that" doesnt count. Name it!    

Much respect to TC for all those years! It is an incredible tradition. Putting 50 on us?? IMO it cant and wont be done. There are a whole lot of other people with a chance to dominate 1A football right now and after we leave. At least five teams in the west have a shot year in and year out. Greenback is the real deal this year as well. Not taking anything away from SP, TC or anyone else, but 1A football has changed. There are teams in the west with tons more speed than you guys, and I dont think its going away anytime soon.

LMBO, Changed? Young man Nashville Christian was a cellar dweller back in the days when SP and Trousdale were putting some of the best 1A teams EVER on the field. The 90's Trousdale and SP battles were epic. SP and Trousdale have both been down from where they were in the 90's and early 2000's. West Tennessee the past 5-6 years has been really good in 1A, but if you think for one minute it's something that people from Trousdale or South Pittsburg have never seen before you would be wrong. We know what really good teams look like. Trust me...

NCS has four backs faster than the starter from last year. Receivers are burners. The fastest one doesnt even start most games. Two of the linebackers are no doubt fastest in the state. I would put money on there not being a faster noseguard in TN at 290 lbs. He also plays in the slot, tight end, and good luck stopping him at tailback.

Make no bones about it, we have big time speed in the backfield, and a lot people want to talk about team speed like it is something pertaining to backs and receivers. I'll take fast DEs, DTs, LBs and DBs any day of the week.

Again, I'm an old timer. I remember the days of Brentwood Academy in class A. I remember CPA, DCA, BGA, FRA dominating this district with Friendship, Nashville Christian, Jo Byrns and McEwen just getting the breadcrumbs. If you have been around as long as some of us it's nothing new. Nashville Christian has just finally managed to catch up and get some of these type athletes. You are pulling kids from a large Nashville area. You are going to get good athletes if you have a good school.