Who are the contenders in each class?

Galilee

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I forgot to mention them. They will be very good, even without the guards

Awwww man how you gone forget to mention the only Single A team in west tn with an undefeated season and 2 overall losses for the year Lol... No but we lost a lot in King and Rogers, but all five starters averaged double digits in scoring and we return 3 of the 5. The 2 guys who are replacing them won't replace the scoring but they are twice as better defenders. We still have one of the guards as well as our Big man who pretty much does what he wants and will average 30 this season. Also Lewis who would give you 10-20 points, 10 rebounds, and 3+ steals a game. So when it comes to scoring, Halls and UC are still the top 2 teams in 14A. Humbolt has to develop some shooters cause that's what hurt them last season. Nobody shot the ball which made their every move predictable. So you can't just give them the number 1 spot. They have to earn that. So 1, 2, and 3 will be a battle trust and believe.

Edited by MrOct1031

For those in the Mem area the Bartlett invitational is Dec 9th and 10th and it features several good teams. Bentonville (AR) returns and supposedly will be a decent team even without Malik Monk. Another Arkansas team Maumelle is loaded with talented Guards. Coach Phillips whitehaven group will be present also along with Fayette Ware and their star DJ Jackson. Hands down the game of the event will be the Saturday matchup of CBHS/Brentwood Academy. For those who were in the MUs gym over the summer for this matchup they know how special of a game it was and it will probably be a preview of the D2 championship . Should be a good showcase overall.

http://www.arhoops.com/bartlett-invitational

• 2 months later...

Awwww man how you gone forget to mention the only Single A team in west tn with an undefeated season and 2 overall losses for the year Lol... No but we lost a lot in King and Rogers, but all five starters averaged double digits in scoring and we return 3 of the 5. The 2 guys who are replacing them won't replace the scoring but they are twice as better defenders. We still have one of the guards as well as our Big man who pretty much does what he wants and will average 30 this season. Also Lewis who would give you 10-20 points, 10 rebounds, and 3+ steals a game. So when it comes to scoring, Halls and UC are still the top 2 teams in 14A. Humbolt has to develop some shooters cause that's what hurt them last season. Nobody shot the ball which made their every move predictable. So you can't just give them the number 1 spot. They have to earn that. So 1, 2, and 3 will be a battle trust and believe.

I beg to differ about UC and Halls being the top two teams in 14A. Humboldt is the team to beat in 14A this year. They are a much better shooting team and they can defend.

No doubt about Humboldt being the team to beat in 14A.  Halls is proving the losses from last year are big.  IMO, Humboldt and Middleton appear to be the teams to beat in west ten.

Saw Crockett County for the first time last night and im still not sold yet. They have a few decent players, I liked #15 and #1 but they struggle against pressure and if they play a good team with a good post player they will be in trouble. Schedule looks somewhat ok, sweep Lexington and wins over Huntingdon and McKenzie. They open district at home against Westview and Obion so I think we will know more in the next couple of weeks.

I beg to differ about UC and Halls being the top two teams in 14A. Humboldt is the team to beat in 14A this year. They are a much better shooting team and they can defend.

I made that post before the season started. Humbolt is definitely the best team in 14A. The guys we have now just don't have the work ethic of the 2 guys we lost. Those 2 were everything. I'm happy for the kids at Humbolt. They play hard and deserve to be where they are right now...

Edited by MrOct1031