Gerry Bertier's 3A Top 10 after Week 8

Gerry Bertier

1. Alcoa- The F5 keeps rolling. I think the only team in 3A that will give them a test is Elizabethton.

2. Elizabethton- The Cyclones keep getting better and better each week. Looks like they will get CAK in the 2nd round then Alcoa in the Quarters. Tough road for Coach Witten and Co.

3. Liberty Tech- The Crusaders right now look to be the best team out West, but their road to the Semis will be as tough as any team in the state.

4. CAK- Warriors keep getting better each week. Showdown with the F5 at the end of the season will let us know how far they have came.

5. Stratford- The Spartans have three 1 point wins in their region. They have the talent, but their undisciplined play will get them beat by top teams in the playoffs.

6. Notre Dame- Irish continue to move along. They have the easiest road to the semis at this point.

7. CPA- This young LIons squad is starting to find its identity. With a championship coaching staff and young talent CPA will make noise ome November.

T-8. MIlan- Bulldogs with an impressive win over USJ. Coach Morris finally gets a W against CRB.

T-8. Dyersburg- The Trojans would be ahead of MIlan if not for their game last night. Was it a hangover from their win over MIlan or did they get exposed.

10. Sequatchie Co.- The Squatch finally make an appearance in my poll for their win over a 6A school. I still am not a full believer but I am starting to get some threats from the crazies down in Dunlap so here they are.

Next 5: Goodpasture, Raleigh Egypt, Bolivar, Fairview, East Nashville

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Alcoa- The F5 keeps rolling. I think the only team in 3A that will give them a test is Elizabethton.

2. Elizabethton- The Cyclones keep getting better and better each week. Looks like they will get CAK in the 2nd round then Alcoa in the Quarters. Tough road for Coach Witten and Co.

3. Liberty Tech- The Crusaders right now look to be the best team out West, but their road to the Semis will be as tough as any team in the state.

4. CAK- Warriors keep getting better each week. Showdown with the F5 at the end of the season will let us know how far they have came.

5. Stratford- The Spartans have three 1 point wins in their region. They have the talent, but their undisciplined play will get them beat by top teams in the playoffs.

6. Notre Dame- Irish continue to move along. They have the easiest road to the semis at this point.

7. CPA- This young LIons squad is starting to find its identity. With a championship coaching staff and young talent CPA will make noise ome November.

T-8. MIlan- Bulldogs with an impressive win over USJ. Coach Morris finally gets a W against CRB.

T-8. Dyersburg- The Trojans would be ahead of MIlan if not for their game last night. Was it a hangover from their win over MIlan or did they get exposed.

10. Sequatchie Co.- The Squatch finally make an appearance in my poll for their win over a 6A school. I still am not a full believer but I am starting to get some threats from the crazies down in Dunlap so here they are.

Next 5: Goodpasture, Raleigh Egypt, Bolivar, Fairview, East Nashville

To me this is Spot on! Nice job!!!

I feel teams 2-9 are around the same level and would be super competitive games if any of them played. I agree the depth of quality clubs is pretty high this year. Quad 1 and 4 are extremely tough.

Gerry what's your opinion on South Gibson? They are 7-0 and in our district. I think the consensus is they haven't played anybody much like Sesquatchie. But I see you have Squatch in your top 10. SG is about to face Dyersburg, Milan and Liberty to end the season. I think they go 3-0 but might surprise someone.

I view them the same as Sequatchie Co. The only reason I have them in the top ten is for their win over Warren Co. I know the Pioneers are probably the worst team in 6A but any time a 3A team can win then it needs to be noticed.

South Gibson doesn't have a quality win. Now if they can win one of their final three I will then take notice.

Gerry what's your opinion on South Gibson? They are 7-0 and in our district. I think the consensus is they haven't played anybody much like Sesquatchie. But I see you have Squatch in your top 10. SG is about to face Dyersburg, Milan and Liberty to end the season. I think they go 3-0 but might surprise someone.

3-0 huh...smh