Trump vs Clinton

BoydBucFan

When it comes to supposed contradictions in the bible, I approach it with a few premises that I accept on faith.

The bible has one Author(but several writers).

The Author knew what was written in the first part of the Book when He had the last part written.

The Author is smarter and wiser than me or any other man that lives or has lived.

The Author does not make mistakes.

The Author never told me that everything written in His book would be easy to understand.

With that in mind, i approach supposed contradictions as items that I'm pulling out of context, adding to His word, or taking away from His word.

The Author is fine but the men who wrote it sure messes it up. Several Rightous people are spoke of and then it tells, No not one is righteous Plenty of contradiction so my only opinion is the peple who wrote them got the stories wrong in a bunch of places.

Anyone who has read the Bible very much reads things that make the scratch their head.You can take things by faith but when the stories are different. Its hard to figure out what the truth is. God made man, ,male and female he created THEM..He saw that it was good. Later he saw that it was bad and vowed to wipe them and all the living beast off the earth. Also repented for his work. Sounds like a mistake or he did something bad. From other scriptures,it says he never changes his mind.  The Creation story and Adam and Eve is hard to grasp.

Edited by pujo

If one believes we live under the New Testament of Jesus Christ, then that person, IMO,  should start reading in

Acts 2....That is recorded history of the beginning of the age we now live in, it's after the death and resurrection of Jesus and also the start of the Church.

Then move forward into the writings of the Apostles.

After that studying is complete, I would go back and read the Gospels (Matt., Mark, Luke & John).....Much in these Gospels are of events that happened under the Old Law.....Including the birth, life & death of Jesus.

It would then help turn away the thought of contradictions...For these men didn't write down their own words, but the words sent by Jesus, from Heaven....Jesus sent His word, by His Holy Spirit, to the Apostles (John 16:13)...This word came to the Apostles by way of the Holy Spirit and is recorded in Acts 2 also...

The Apostles began preaching the Gospel of Jesus at once, in all languages! Although they had never spoken these languages before! (another miraculous work of God).

The writings and teachings we have of the Apostles were not their's...It came from Heaven.

Three of us may witness a car wreck and write down views based on what we saw and heard...This very well may slightly differ from what the others saw and heard....but is true still and changes nothing.

I have yet to find a contradiction, of any worth, in the King James version of the Bible.

I have never been one to play "defense" when it comes to scripture...In other words, I have never just sat and answered questions....Instead I usually turn around and ask questions to help others find the answers to the questions they have....But I will, as time allows, try to help disprove any contradiction one may think they see in the scripture.

Anyone who has read the Bible very much reads things that make the scratch their head.You can take things by faith but when the stories are different. Its hard to figure out what the truth is. God made man, ,male and female he created THEM..He saw that it was good. Later he saw that it was bad and vowed to wipe them and all the living beast off the earth. Also repented for his work. Sounds like a mistake or he did something bad. From other scriptures,it says he never changes his mind. The Creation story and Adam and Eve is hard to grasp.

You have to give grandma Eve some credit for using her free will to disobey God. There were consequences. God did not create her with her having the knowledge of evil.

You have to give grandma Eve some credit for using her free will to disobey God. There were consequences. God did not create her with her having the knowledge of evil.

YEA! Everything was fine and wonderful with just ole Adam in the garden....THEN CAME THE SKILLET SLINGER! 

I'm just kidding  :roll:

YEA! Everything was fine and wonderful with just ole Adam in the garden....THEN CAME THE SKILLET SLINGER!

I'm just kidding :roll:

Something that struck me recently is that Adam didn't really blame Eve, but instead blamed God. In Gen. 3:12, The man said "The woman You put here with me-she gave me some fruit from the tree, and I ate it."

So from the first sin man committed, he didn't take responsibility, but blamed God for putting the woman there that gave the fruit to him.

Something that struck me recently is that Adam didn't really blame Eve, but instead blamed God. In Gen. 3:12, The man said "The woman You put here with me-she gave me some fruit from the tree, and I ate it."

So from the first sin man committed, he didn't take responsibility, but blamed God for putting the woman there that gave the fruit to him.

And actually the serpent was the 1st to sin.Not sure Adam and Eve knew what to believe. Said the old serpent was the slickest of creatures.

And that throws another monkey wrench in the beliefs. Adam was not the 1st to bring sin into the world. The whole account sounds like a fairy tale to me. If we have a loving creator ,the penalty was AWAY overboard. Why out the Tree there to start with,why allow the Serpent To DECEIVE. And if the penalty was eternal Torment,Why in Heavens sake did God not tell them. From the looks of things,mankind is paying a huge price as it is. 

And that throws another monkey wrench in the beliefs. Adam was not the 1st to bring sin into the world. The whole account sounds like a fairy tale to me. If we have a loving creator ,the penalty was AWAY overboard. Why out the Tree there to start with,why allow the Serpent To DECEIVE. And if the penalty was eternal Torment,Why in Heavens sake did God not tell them. From the looks of things,mankind is paying a huge price as it is.

If God didn't give man free will, we wouldn't be dealing with all of this. Since He did, I'll choose the play, not the penalty. I've always thought that I had earned the penalty.