Knoxville Catholic...

fredjones

Swipes you win!!!

I concede

We aren't even arguing over the same thing

Mine has zero to do w catholic

Was only really making the point that the article posted was written by a hack

It was the most pitiful display of reporting I have ever seen

Quotes made by maybe made up people who knows?

Nothing more

Nothing less

Crap you have gone ten directions

Not sure why you would defend hack reporting unless you wrote that garbage

Edited by CypressBend

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Swipes you win!!!

I concede

We aren't even arguing over the same thing

Mine has zero to do w catholic

Was only really making the point that the article posted was written by a hack

It was the most pitiful display of reporting I have ever seen

Quotes made by maybe made up people who knows?

Nothing more

Nothing less

Crap you have gone ten directions

Not sure why you would defend hack reporting unless you wrote that garbage

I'm not defending him at all. The reason I posted the article was to see if anyone else had heard the same thing? I was more wondering if none of the school in knoxville decided to play Catholic who would they pick up and would it be driving all over tn or other states to find a game? Your the one that just went off after I posted the link saying hackjob, sack less, and calling people who post on here DA. Like I've stated many times I have no problem with Catholic or any other private school. My team I pull for has played anyone who has came calling private, open zoned, out of state, and schools twice the size as ours.

That paper has been around for a long time and usually has credibility when it comes to articles. We won't know if it's true until scheduling comes out for next year.

OK .. back to the Knox Cath thread .. anybody want to speculate on how Knox Cath is gonna keep these players who are getting financial aid there at KC ??? If they cant receive any funds then how many do you think they will loose and since KC has been planning this for awhile ..wonder if they have told the kids that they cant play there next year ?? Wonder how all this will shake out .... maybe the parents come up with the money .. maybe the Dad's get a BONUS !!! HHHMMM .. yes a BONUS that will cover the expense .. or ???? Interesting .. or has KC already shared with TSSAA on how they do this ..... anybody got any insight here ????

it's called parents sponsorship were a wealthy parent sponsors a underprivileged kid who just happens to be a excellent football player .perfectly legal...c.a.k did it .for years, 5 division 1 players on one team all seniors one year .

it's called parents sponsorship were a wealthy parent sponsors a underprivileged kid who just happens to be a excellent football player .perfectly legal...c.a.k did it .for years, 5 division 1 players on one team all seniors one year .

That's not legal under the new rules. The tuition money can only come from a direct family member or guardian

what a nice Christian thing to do...may the Lord above us, bless them folks two-fold

Booger just sayin  AMan

Difficult to track cash transactions .......

It would be very easy to cheat on tuition. For example, some schools use outside services to spread tuition across monthly payments throughout the school year. Do you think these services would report it if someone else's CC or ACH was used to pay tuition? I doubt it...

I'm in no way saying Knox Catholic or any private school's athletes are having their tuition paid by outside sources and I think all private schools would put an immediate stop to it if they knew, but it could easily happen. If it is happening, I'd say it's not the schools or coaches but rather us, the crazy fans, alumni, and parents that are behind it...

I was under the impression that most of the public coaches black-balled Matthews the last two-year cycle because they didn't like the way catholic flaunts the T$$AA rules. :rolleyes: If that was the case, I bet they're really ticked off now. :popcorneater:

Science Hill drove to Knoxville in 2015 for a Scrimmage with Catholic. The agreement was Catholic would reciprocate in 2016. Catholic never showed!!!! Several weeks of phone calls changing dates they finally flat out cancelled. SHHS was willing to play Catholic any day or night during the pre-season. No wonder you cant find games when you dont live up to your obligations.

Here is the reason the scrimmage was cancelled

We had a student killed in an accident

The entire school and a lot knoxville came to the memorial to remember this child

Not sure your getting the entire story

Something in life are just a little more important than football

One being remembering the life of a young adult who meant a lot to the school who lost his life tragically

I think most would agree that is enough reason to cancel

Edited by CypressBend