Dresden Lions at Humboldt Vikings

Guest hevyrevy1611

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He played the whole game against Westview, Trenton, and UC. I was there. I understand the dilemma coach is in. You want to stay sharp. This is the risk. And when worst case scenario happens, here come the Monday morning quarterbacks.[/quote

No, he didn't. This can be easily debunked if you have access to the team Hudl account. In the UC game, he literally was in for one play in the entire fourth quarter (Dresden's first play of the quarter) and was pulled. He was also pulled in the Westview game. Trenton was his only full game. The running clock didn't start until the later phase of the 4th quarter. Please don't rely on your memory in the future. Hindsight is 20/20, and now you've got people saying he's been staying in for too long. Give me a break. They sub him down before anybody. This team has practically no experience playing a no-mercy rule, competitive game for four quarters, until last night. Last night was a very competitive game at the time of his injury. There was absolutely no reason to be subbing at that particular moment in the game. If the kids don't learn to play a full game, they'll get beat, period. Then, that's the next thing the fair weather faithful will hold onto. "Why were we subbing so early all season long?" Just watch, they've gotta have something to be critical about. Again, had he not played the fourth quarter, you might see a different result. That injury lit a fire under Dresden, and it was a very competitive game until the next score and the stop by the defense. You cannot and will not please everybody.

First off, I'm glad this is the first thing you put on this board after a kid gets hurt. You really are something. Learn some class and respect! Secondly, getting a competitive win over this Huntingdon team doesn't mean a thing. Please just leave everybody alone. You're a 100% pro-Wayne County guy no matter what the discussion is and would pick them over the New Yorks Jets. We get it, just go.

Lol what do you want me to say? I'm so sorry I didn't post "praying for your QB" or "thinking about your qb" it sucks he got hurt because I'm sure Wayne County wants to play Dresden at 100%. It's simple either way though, Wayne County wins.

Guest hevyrevy1611

He played the whole game against Westview, Trenton, and UC. I was there. I understand the dilemma coach is in. You want to stay sharp. This is the risk. And when worst case scenario happens, here come the Monday morning quarterbacks.[/quote

No, he didn't. This can be easily debunked if you have access to the team Hudl account. In the UC game, he literally was in for one play in the entire fourth quarter (Dresden's first play of the quarter) and was pulled. He was also pulled in the Westview game. Trenton was his only full game. The running clock didn't start until the later phase of the 4th quarter. Please don't rely on your memory in the future. Hindsight is 20/20, and now you've got people saying he's been staying in for too long. Give me a break. They sub him down before anybody. This team has practically no experience playing a no-mercy rule, competitive game for four quarters, until last night. Last night was a very competitive game at the time of his injury. There was absolutely no reason to be subbing at that particular moment in the game. If the kids don't learn to play a full game, they'll get beat, period. Then, that's the next thing the fair weather faithful will hold onto. "Why were we subbing so early all season long?" Just watch, they've gotta have something to be critical about. Again, had he not played the fourth quarter, you might see a different result. That injury lit a fire under Dresden, and it was a very competitive game until the next score and the stop by the defense. You cannot and will not please everybody.

+1

I guess he's the only one that could field a kick . I don't care you don't put him back to receive a kick.

Not being ugly just curious. What is the big difference in a QB being on kickoff return vs. scrambling and running on offense? Dual threat QBs run all the time and can be hit from any angle at any time from a defender or multiple defenders. Kickoff is set up for blockers where a scramble run bail out on O does not always give protection. To me it's just another play. If there are backups why not? Today's QBs are supposed to play in bubble wrap. I agree safety is important but they put their pads on just like the other 10 on the field. Now I am not saying they should play like a FB running over everybody up the middle. Yes get out of bounds once you've got your 1st down. That is just smart! My son QB occassionally plays kickoff return on front row for hands team and to be honest he's never had a big hit on him or injury. I can't say the same from the line of scrimmage. He's probably had more injuries playing defense than offense, lol! Sounds like to me his competitive nature may have went against him this time by just not going down. Can't fault a baller for that, it just ain't in their blood. It took us 2 concussions and ambulance rides for our QB to just get out of bounds on plays where he was near the sideline and would lower that head to run over them for that extra few yards. Not worth it unless game situation makes it a necessity. If anybody can tell me why a QB would be more susceptible on kickoff I would appreciate hearing those thoughts.

Not being ugly just curious. What is the big difference in a QB being on kickoff return vs. scrambling and running on offense? Dual threat QBs run all the time and can be hit from any angle at any time from a defender or multiple defenders. Kickoff is set up for blockers where a scramble run bail out on O does not always give protection. To me it's just another play. If there are backups why not? Today's QBs are supposed to play in bubble wrap. I agree safety is important but they put their pads on just like the other 10 on the field. Now I am not saying they should play like a FB running over everybody up the middle. Yes get out of bounds once you've got your 1st down. That is just smart! My son QB occassionally plays kickoff return on front row for hands team and to be honest he's never had a big hit on him or injury. I can't say the same from the line of scrimmage. He's probably had more injuries playing defense than offense, lol! Sounds like to me his competitive nature may have went against him this time by just not going down. Can't fault a baller for that, it just ain't in their blood. It took us 2 concussions and ambulance rides for our QB to just get out of bounds on plays where he was near the sideline and would lower that head to run over them for that extra few yards. Not worth it unless game situation makes it a necessity. If anybody can tell me why a QB would be more susceptible on kickoff I would appreciate hearing those thoughts.

Thank you. Wanted to say this myself. A kid can get hurt on any play.

I think what they're saying is why take any chances to get your star player hurt doing something extra when you don't need him to.