Dresden Lions at Humboldt Vikings

Guest hevyrevy1611

How's the QB?[/quote Just talked to his dad and he will have an MRI on Monday or Tuesday. Can't walk on it at the moment. The kid is a great athlete but even a finer young man who only cares about his team winning not individual awards. Our fans holler at this young man when he is on the field trying to make a play but when he goes down they realize how much we need him. Start acting like adults because this kid's family is having to sit in the stands with y'all.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest hevyrevy1611

What everyone speculated & warned about just happened. Now how good will Lions be without our MR Football QB who went down with injury?... The play: He scrambling and took off running, was 2mins left in game, and while he being tackled at sideline he was twisting, turning, stretching & trying for that lil bit of extra yards. The angle of tackle and timing of it twisted & bent his knee wrong way. Literally in front of us maybe 10 yds away. Look bad when happened. Now nothing was done on purpose at all, a clean honest competitive tackle by Viking player. No issue there. Just a weird crazy way he fell. Uhgg :( Soon as happened Winn writhed about, then rolled & rolled on off sideline. Wiggling around in pain. About 1/3 of Vikings refused to "take a knee". Both sides yelling & telling them to. Nope. They kept standing until right at end. Prob a 2-3 min injury delay. Clearly an on-purpose display of disrespect & insulting player & team. ARRGGG! This is not the way winners & champions behave. Thugs, punks, sissies, and fearful weaklings do such things. That's OK... More games will be played. Karma & payback is real. There will be a harvest for the seeds they've sown tonight. Yes indeed! Lions got more intense and fired up afterwards. I hope & pray it was a temporary hurt & not real injury to our phenom QB, but if he is out for a few games, or rest of season, our team notched it up afterwards. Got more intense & focused. Playing with a chip on shoulder to honor & defend their fallen leader. I think Lions will be fine, melded together tighter & better as a tougher team. The injury itself that happened was truly accidental, yes, but what was done afterward was 100% intentional and on purpose. It is on Hudl tape. Last 3mins of game. Look for yourselves if you a subscriber. You'll see. Lions were going to be a tough out, now they gonna be extra tough. Things done got real now. Unleashing the beast like never before! This going to be intense from here on out! Our opponents will now havta face an even more intense & fired up pride of fierce Lions, with a 12th man posse nation that gonna be crazy loud now. Oh wow! Vikings did the worst thing they could of done. Mean ferocious beasts will now maul & shred all the rest of our opponents. And whoever is at QB will do just fine. Wonderful in fact. You'll see. You folk who seen our Lions in regular season play, and then see the Lions in playoffs, it will be a different team indeed. You heard it from me first. Lions just went up, raised themselves to a new level of play. Mark this date, and watch rest of games. Lions got beasty & mean! Thank you Vikings! (you fools. Ha. Shouldn't of opened up that 'can' you dummies! Rhut Rhow!)

Better question.... Why was he in with two minutes left in the game during a blowout? I hate it happened because I wanted to see Dresden roll but now you're without your stud due to plays that he shouldn't have been in on.

That's the exact question I have. They've played him late in games for no reason all year. Only thing I can think of padding stats. Hate for Dresser.

Better question.... Why was he in with two minutes left in the game during a blowout? I hate it happened because I wanted to see Dresden roll but now you're without your stud due to plays that he shouldn't have been in on.

Don't be so quick to say we'll be without him now. The trainer didn't seem to act like it was anything too serious. I know Wayne County & others on different threads are hopeful that he's out for the season but until he gets it checked out I'm going to pray that he's ok & will be back for playoffs. We still have a very capable backup QB & some very good backs as well.

Don't be so quick to say we'll be without him now. The trainer didn't seem to act like it was anything too serious. I know Wayne County & others on different threads are hopeful that he's out for the season but until he gets it checked out I'm going to pray that he's ok & will be back for playoffs. We still have a very capable backup QB & some very good backs as well.

Wayne County will beat Dresden with or without him.

That's the exact question I have. They've played him late in games for no reason all year. Only thing I can think of padding stats. Hate for Dresser.

We all said the same thing last night. Once their QB got hurt we said they're really going to be trying to hurt Dresser now. The best thing we could have done at that point was put our backup QB in & run the ball & run the clock out. Our O Line didn't block good at all last night & the refs let it get way out of hand from the get go. Vikings play dirty & a lot was going on after the whistle that the refs were not calling. Having Dresser playing that late in the game with the game already won wasn't smart at all. I just pray it's nothing serious.

Guest hevyrevy1611

Coach has answered that question during interviews saying first team needs more playing time, to get ready for playoffs. With blowout wins the non-starters getting as much, if not more, playing time as starters. This experience for them is good for future seasons, but as playoffs near our starters need more game time. Makes sense to me. In all honesty, and I understand his intense competitiveness, but Winn was already in arms of tackler headed to ground, & rather than letting the tackle take place, he twisted, squirmed, and stretched around trying for maybe 1yd or so. Dresser tries to do too much at times, both passing & running. It usually turns out good for him, buy this one time it bit him. And.. Vikings were still dangerous in this game and were scoring quick. We needed as many points as possible. I listening to our morning sports talk show, perhaps that question will be asked. Wanting to hear how Dresser doing. More later.

Guest hevyrevy1611

No new info shared about Winn's injury during radio show. Same as already shared. Will wait for further test results. Coach did add that Dresser's cleat got stuck in ground as he was twisting on way down. IMO he should be OK, maybe even for next week. Perhaps wear a knee brace just to be safe. If it was me I'd rest him and let #10 QB whole game against Greenfield. BTW, game time is 7.00, not 7.30. And its senior night. Go Lions!