Dresden Lions at Humboldt Vikings

Guest hevyrevy1611

Ok since I'm taking heat for questioning why the kid was playing I'll throw in my two cents now. I've listened to every game that has been on the radio and Dresser is usually playing in 4th quarter. Except Gleason. I agree the team needs to be in sync in playoffs but on the other hand they have played together since second grade so they should be and have been in sync all year. Last but not least Dresser is most important player on that team. Jones is a great player and will only get better but NO ONE can do what Dresser does.

I've been on the T long enough to know there are some posters who are arses and others legitimately care about football and more importantly these young men playing the game. WC, UC and Adamsville posters are good people. Many of the east TN posters seem the same.

Welcome to the T newby with attitude!!!

Edited by ysoangry

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think what they're saying is why take any chances to get your star player hurt doing something extra when you don't need him to.

that is what I meant exactly Dresser is a competitor there is no doubt I know he can get hurt on any play I just don't understand putting him in extra situations for that to happen. In other words you don't put Tom Brady on kick off return just because he's an athlete

Lol what do you want me to say? I'm so sorry I didn't post "praying for your QB" or "thinking about your qb" it sucks he got hurt because I'm sure Wayne County wants to play Dresden at 100%. It's simple either way though, Wayne County wins.

You should check out the ramblings of Ironmike from last years boards. The same confident cocky posts about what WC was going to do. Rice this and Rice that. We all know how that worked out. They may very well get the gold ball this year, but they may not even be in the game. I assure you you need to worry about round 3 before you bother thinking about round 4.

You should check out the ramblings of Ironmike from last years boards. The same confident cocky posts about what WC was going to do. Rice this and Rice that. We all know how that worked out. They may very well get the gold ball this year, but they may not even be in the game. I assure you you need to worry about round 3 before you bother thinking about round 4.

I enjoy good football. Wayne County plays good football so I support that team from afar. I have watched Dresden play and I simply think Wayne County is the better team. I haven't watched film or seen NCS play this season and that's why I've never said that they would beat them. Although, If NCS has players anywhere near as good as Butuli and McGraw then no1 will touch them. But I can't imagine a single a school having those types of players back to back years

Ok since I'm taking heat for questioning why the kid was playing I'll throw in my two cents now. I've listened to every game that has been on the radio and Dresser is usually playing in 4th quarter. Except Gleason. I agree the team needs to be in sync in playoffs but on the other hand they have played together since second grade so they should be and have been in sync all year. Last but not least Dresser is most important player on that team. Jones is a great player and will only get better but NO ONE can do what Dresser does.

I've been on the T long enough to know there are some posters who are arses and others legitimately care about football and more importantly these young men playing the game. WC, UC and Adamsville posters are good people. Many of the east TN posters seem the same.

Welcome to the T newby with attitude!!!

Well, as many have pointed out, he's only came out of halftime 4 times and played in the 4th quarter twice. Regardless, I just hope people don't twist the truth of this and make a coach a scapegoat for something this horrific. This is terrible for everyone involved, and they've been holding the kid back from playing a full game all year. There's no reason whatsoever people should be criticizing their caution with him. He's played one full game all year, granted the mercy rule came into effect in the 4th quarter. I agree with what you said about his impact on the team. He's definitely not replaceable! A team can be in sync for one half, but I can't understand anyone that thinks there isn't value in having experience with playing four quarters for this year. Sure, these kids have played together for a while, but as far as this year, they're ability to play four quarters in a close game when they're dead tired is suspect at best. Maybe Paul Tinkel thinks Dresser and Tyrone look alike. I've heard him say wackier things.

On any given night anyone can be beat. Don't be surprised if Trenton battles you in the playoffs if they get to. Trenton was the better team that night. They played lights out.Trenton is young and unpredictable. That is why you should be weary of what and can happen to the mighty Lions. I hpe Wynn is okay. It is DRESDENS time. It is there's to take. All the pressure is on them

Well, as many have pointed out, he's only came out of halftime 4 times and played in the 4th quarter twice. Regardless, I just hope people don't twist the truth of this and make a coach a scapegoat for something this horrific. This is terrible for everyone involved, and they've been holding the kid back from playing a full game all year. There's no reason whatsoever people should be criticizing their caution with him. He's played one full game all year, granted the mercy rule came into effect in the 4th quarter. I agree with what you said about his impact on the team. He's definitely not replaceable! A team can be in sync for one half, but I can't understand anyone that thinks there isn't value in having experience with playing four quarters for this year. Sure, these kids have played together for a while, but as far as this year, they're ability to play four quarters in a close game when they're dead tired is suspect at best. Maybe Paul Tinkel thinks Dresser and Tyrone look alike. I've heard him say wackier things.

I'm not saying it's anyone's fault he got hurt. I believe when something happens there is nothing anyone can do about it. Hopefully it isn't a major issue and he can rest up for a couple weeks and be ready 2nd or 3rd round of the playoffs. I really believe Paul Twinkle is legally blind but refuses to quit calling games cause he runs the place. They would be much better off letting John do the play by play. Huntingdon's play by play guys aren't much better though. Tough listening to the WC v Huntingdon game Friday night. Worth it for the results though. lol

I'm not saying it's anyone's fault he got hurt. I believe when something happens there is nothing anyone can do about it. Hopefully it isn't a major issue and he can rest up for a couple weeks and be ready 2nd or 3rd round of the playoffs. I really believe Paul Twinkle is legally blind but refuses to quit calling games cause he runs the place. They would be much better off letting John do the play by play. Huntingdon's play by play guys aren't much better though. Tough listening to the WC v Huntingdon game Friday night. Worth it for the results though. lol

Sure enough, Tinkel has probably mislead you and many others about substitutions after halftime and what not. If there's nothing medically wrong with him, I think he should play. He won't get touched against Gfield anyway. He can throw bombs and not have to run. If pressure is coming, throw it away and absolutely no running around in the pocket. They can't cover our receivers. Since this is the last game before the playoffs, it's very important the offense and defense stay sharp.

I know for a fact he played into the 4th qtr against Lake County but many said that was the first game since the Westview game that any of the starters played that late in a game. You cannot blame anyone for an injury. A coach must get his kids ready for a 4 qtr game. I hope the kid is healthy and gets to play. He is a joy to watch.