Hey Goons....

BIGPURPLEMACHINE

So I was listening to the Milan pre-game radio show tonight and they interviewed coach Morris. About half way thru the interview they mentioned the possible district and Morris began to talk about possible games next year.

Said that it looked like we would have six region opponents next year and would keep traditional rivals Huntingdon, Trenton and Humboldt on the schedule giving us only 9 games. Morris went on to say that he has been in contact with Dyersburg about keeping their series going and had even been in contact with Henry Co.

At that point he mentioned that Rankin contacted him yesterday and asked about the possibility of playing next year and meeting somewhere in Nashville or Murphryesboro for a game. Morris said that if he could not work out something with Dyersburg or Henry Co he would love to do it.

Honestly I would too!! Here's to hoping we can't line up a week with Dyersburg or Henry Co and I can see you goons next year!!!

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I was listening to the Milan pre-game radio show tonight and they interviewed coach Morris. About half way thru the interview they mentioned the possible district and Morris began to talk about possible games next year.

Said that it looked like we would have six region opponents next year and would keep traditional rivals Huntingdon, Trenton and Humboldt on the schedule giving us only 9 games. Morris went on to say that he has been in contact with Dyersburg about keeping their series going and had even been in contact with Henry Co.

At that point he mentioned that Rankin contacted him yesterday and asked about the possibility of playing next year and meeting somewhere in Nashville or Murphryesboro for a game. Morris said that if he could not work out something with Dyersburg or Henry Co he would love to do it.

Honestly I would too!! Here's to hoping we can't line up a week with Dyersburg or Henry Co and I can see you goons next year!!!

This would be awesome! I wish that every team would play a game like this every season. The rankings would be so much more accurate as there is currently hardly any connectivity between East, Middle, and West TN! Please let this happen!

Sounds great BPM. We need to get together before the game and throw down on some grub!

Two tough blue collar public schools playing smash mouth football on a Friday night.......it does not get any better!

I hope we have that opportunity BC. I agree with Trojan that it is likely that something will be worked out closer to home and as a teacher who has been around a while I get why they would want to do that. Dyersburg and Henry Co would both be big gates and good competition close to home. But as a fan I would love for this game to happen!! And knowing Morris he wouldn't have mentioned it if it wasn't a possibility.

On another note.... it really must be hard for Rankin to field a schedule if he is calling us on the other side of the state!! Maybe some of those IFL tough guys will sack up!! Lol!!!