A-E visits GCA for the game of the year.

BarneySox2007

How is football up at Cumberlandsome Pujo

Probably the same as anywhere. High school ball is a one time thing. After that ,its just work and very few kids really like it. The love of the game is the only thing that keeps um going. I'm, sure Logan will tell you the same thing. The local hero days are over. The College is a good one as they are strong on moral values and I think highly of Coach Rhymer. Fine man and he really cares about his kids.  I doubt thats the norm in a lot of places. Its really about getting a good education and beind prepared for life. As far as football goes,get all you can out of it and enjoy while you can.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great post pujo. Yes Logan said very very long days. Start at 5 30 and get done by 8 30 everyday. Looking forward to catching a game or 2.

I've always heard the 1st year is the worst. Playing ball and keeping up in the classroom takes it toll. Takes a determined young man to hang in there. The UOTC.S brings in around 100 freshmen every year,they have 11 seniors.

Well if that's the case you must have multiple people running below 10.9 100s. And If that's The case how in the world did Halls beat you?

Yes they do... The reason why AE lost is because they didn't do a good job of wrapping up and they got a little DeBORD'ism (played conservative) in them late in the 4th quarter ... We make no excuses, Halls won fair and square.

Edited by Turtle

Over the past couple of days, I have sat and read several comments on how AE was very lucky (not outright stated but it was implied) when they BEAT Fulton.  I have also read in the comments that AE was only able to beat Fulton because Fulton's players were suffering from injuries.  Now, I could be very wrong, but I was at that game and it did not appear that there were "several key players" with injuries.  There was only ONE and he played most of the game.  There were players that were hurt DURING the game.  But those players were non-factors.  I have said this several times before and I will continue to say it over and over.....

When you step foot on a field, hurt or not, and decide to play in that game, you can not use your injury as an excuse for why you lost the game. When you look at Fulton's bench, there are about 60-70 players.  Even if there were more players going into the game injured, there should have been other players that could have stepped up and took over. That is why they practice. Talking with AE players during the week of the game, they were frustrated with the lack of support that they were getting. They felt like everyone had already counted them as losers before the coin was tossed. They wanted to prove a point and make a statement! And that they did. AE capitalized on Fulton's mistakes. They forced turnovers and made key plays. Now you  can take this post as just someone rambling.....but I am a true fan of the ROADRUNNERS!  

And then we have GCA....this should be a good game. I have talked with my son daily on how he feels going into this game.  He is confident in his fellow Roadrunners and is looking forward to playing against Grace.  He speaks highly of the players and the coaching staff. WE are excited about tomorrow night! 

Edited by twint5

AE will try to get the edge. The rams have a crazy talented 315 pound freshman nose tackle. Running up the middle isn't gonna work for anyone. The ends are talented too. I'm afraid of the deep ball. I don't know how the AE passing attach is but that's surely our weakness. I'd say the key will be all control and log drives for the rams. A few turnovers and some sky kicks and we have a shot.

AE will try to get the edge. The rams have a crazy talented 315 pound freshman nose tackle. Running up the middle isn't gonna work for anyone. The ends are talented too. I'm afraid of the deep ball. I don't know how the AE passing attach is but that's surely our weakness. I'd say the key will be all control and log drives for the rams. A few turnovers and some sky kicks and we have a shot.

Harper can sling the pigskin.