Trousdale County @ Nashville Christian

thenextone

I don't understand why any player in Nashville area looking for a football program why would they pick NCS over all the other powerhouse private schools in Nashville area if NCS is not offering anything extra then just a good school and if you'll program is that good why not stay in public and stop recruiting and have the players parents pay out of pocket for NCS since you'll don't recruite or offer there parents jobs cleaning floors so that their kids can attend NCS their is something fishy about NCS program because Hillwood has never been a power in football so I know all that's players wouldn't be zoned to hillwood or even live in that arear so good luck with recruiting or paying some Blue chip player family to send their kid to NCS

I don't understand why any player in Nashville area looking for a football program why would they pick NCS over all the other powerhouse private schools in Nashville area if NCS is not offering anything extra then just a good school and if you'll program is that good why not stay in public and stop recruiting and have the players parents pay out of pocket for NCS since you'll don't recruite or offer there parents jobs cleaning floors so that their kids can attend NCS their is something fishy about NCS program because Hillwood has never been a power in football so I know all that's players wouldn't be zoned to hillwood or even live in that arear so good luck with recruiting or paying some Blue chip player family to send their kid to NCS

No offense to you because I don't know who you are but you are making all of us trousdale guys look bad with all of your allegations and spewing of garbage on this board. Trousdale will be back as early as next year and unstoppable in a couple so let them have their moment in the sun. The athletes go to ncs because they can start 3-4 years instead of waiting in line at Brentwood academy to get playing time 1-2 years. That probably has a lot to do with it. Along with that small school atmosphere. The same reason I moved my kids to trousdale. I graduated here and wanted them to be here as well.

Yeah, I didnt understand his point at all. Are we supposed to hire a coach from the neighborhood pee wee league. Does he think there are TSSAA rules on where a coach comes from? He is not reasonable in anything he says.

You literally have zero self awareness or you're just a troll. The ability for you to form an objective thought is obviously lost on you. Here's a Cliffs Notes example of what the state of TN sees about NCS.

40 years before Jeff = .500 winning %

". "= no power 5 talent

After Jeff= seveal P5 talented players

". "= Top of class A

Jeff at JP2= not successful compared to his NCS tenure

Is that clear enough for you??

Now, Jeff is by all accounts a good guy and coach but when having several other options in your area to choose from why would multiple great HS players suddenly choose to play at NCS? I do not believe anything illegal has been done by any means but that is what these folks cannot understand? It's the "why" the are baffled about.

As I stated before I only entered this thread because multiple times you and others ganged up on the TC folks. Then the post was made about "all the good teams are leaving." By any standard that was both extremely arrogant and lacked any self awareness whatsoever based on your schools decades tradition of having little success against other private schools.

BTW stop deflecting using BA. It arguably has the best football tradition in TN the last 40 years. Its a great school with great families. I have many friends that attended the school and have children there.

Lastly, you can keep up the bravado about not seeing a challenge moving to D2 but lets be honest. Looking at your games these past few years absolutely suggests that it will be no cakewalk in football. However, in every other sport you will be challenged to be competitive every night unless somehow you can attract the talent level experienced by your football program? Having seen your basketball teams firsthand and viewing your records on coacht that is not a debatable comment.

I'm certain you'll make some sort of goofy comment but at this point I'm just beating a dead horse. I sincerely wish you guys the best of luck moving forward. However, I would caution you to stop the pompous and arrogant attacks on these D1 folks. It's poor form and isn't a reflection of how objective, reasonable adults act.

You literally have zero self awareness or you're just a troll. The ability for you to form an objective thought is obviously lost on you. Here's a Cliffs Notes example of what the state of TN sees about NCS.

". "= no power 5 talent

". "= Top of class A

Now, Jeff is by all accounts a good guy and coach but when having several other options in your area to choose from why would multiple great HS players suddenly choose to play at NCS? I do not believe anything illegal has been done by any means but that is what these folks cannot understand? It's the "why" the are baffled about.

As I stated before I only entered this thread because multiple times you and others ganged up on the TC folks. Then the post was made about "all the good teams are leaving." By any standard that was both extremely arrogant and lacked any self awareness whatsoever based on your schools decades tradition of having little success against other private schools.

BTW stop deflecting using BA. It arguably has the best football tradition in TN the last 40 years. Its a great school with great families. I have many friends that attended the school and have children there.

Lastly, you can keep up the bravado about not seeing a challenge moving to D2 but lets be honest. Looking at your games these past few years absolutely suggests that it will be no cakewalk in football. However, in every other sport you will be challenged to be competitive every night unless somehow you can attract the talent level experienced by your football program? Having seen your basketball teams firsthand and viewing your records on coacht that is not a debatable comment.

I'm certain you'll make some sort of goofy comment but at this point I'm just beating a dead horse. I sincerely wish you guys the best of luck moving forward. However, I would caution you to stop the pompous and arrogant attacks on these D1 folks. It's poor form and isn't a reflection of how objective, reasonable adults act.

". "= no power 5 talent

". "= Top of class A

i want you to explain in detail how NCS uses BA. None of the current players have ever taken a varsity snap for the Eagles in high school.  Only 1 of the players right now went to BA at any time and that was in middle school, but the most they ever had was 2 before an accident tragically took him away before the 2015 season.. Brothers was great in high school and played big time college football and just for that alone kids would want to be coached by him..And the reason brothers wasnt succesful at JP2 was bc he was one of the first coaches the school had and to be thrown into the pit of D2AA with no players is a death sentence.. JP2'S best team in basically a decade is this year and they 6-4 (with CLOSE win against Brothers and NCS).. I think theyd also want to go to NCS bc it has the opportunity of getting quick PT while still having a good school.  I'm not  trying to start beef but i want to get where you are coming from bc i dont understand along with others. 

That's has nothing to do with where this conversation started atim not speaking for you or TC ''tis is how I feel and think about NCS it's not allegations if my statement is true I'm sure most of their kids wouldn't be zoned to Hillwood are even share same zip code as NCS and no your wrong because I'm sure most of those kids didn't attend NCS I'm sure some did but not all so don't assume I'm speaking on how you feel and think about anything or even how you feel about anything this is more about private playing in DII and not with public

• Upvote 1

". "= no power 5 talent

". "= Top of class A

Man, you just keep on making my points for me. You said you're beating a dead horse. Thats exactly what has been going on ever since the TSSAA made a ruling. The deal is done, so why are you still talking about it?

Your little stats thingy that you copied and pasted, yeah that is clear enough for me. I love it! Im thrilled to death that my son is a part of it. The real question is, is it clear enough for you? I dont think it is because you still come out with the idea that we will struggle in FOOTBALL next year. Make up your mind we are an incredible team placed in a lower class or we are going to get stomped next year. Which one is it? I guarantee you, 1A football is in no way inferior to D21A football. I would bet money that last four years D1 champs would roll D2A. Thats my opinion. Im sure your opinion is different . Thats OK, we will see next year.

Troll? I am here because I have a son on this football team. Why are you here? Oh, I know, because you want to stand up for TC. Who the heck needs to stand up for TC? They stand on their own! I have said many times, they are a storied and historically recognized program, but is that supposed to make me or anyone else praise them and bow down to them? We are playing in the playoffs NOW. Life is always about NOW! We celebrated after winning last year, but the celebration ended shortly after and preparation started. Are we not allowed to talk about things happening NOW, or must we always think we are inferior because we sucked in the past? No one with our program, TCs program, or any other was on any of those teams. They might in some way shape or form be the same program, but it sure aint the same team.

You make the comment that you dont suspect any illegal activity on Jeff's part, but then you go on to say it makes people wonder. Well Mr contradictory, say what you mean, have a pair and come out with your accusation. No one has come forth with one yet. 

As far as why people would go to this school when there are others to go to, why does your's go to DCA? Kids go where they want. Rules are enforced and set, we followed them. I on the other hand wonder why anyone would go any where other than NCS!

You saying that I have dissed 1A football, gimme a break! I have said repeatedly that the five best teams in the west in 1A would absolutely demolish D21A. Thats not disrespecting D21A either. Thats my opinion. 

Edited by carguy59

Attention all teams who currently suck:  I have some advice for you.  I have been around long enough to remember when NCS was a doormat for everyone, and now have seen the program make an about face, so I feel that I am historically and personally qualified to give this advice.

If you currently suck, beware of ever getting better! You will be scrutinized for every success you accomplish. Whatever you do, don't spend too much time in the weight room. The sudden increase of strength along with the burst of speed you aquire will have people talking.

Heaven forbid that you suck now, but in a couple of years have a few players good enough to play college football. If you do, people will think you have certainly broken some TSSAA rules.

Make sure that you dont improve by hiring the best coach with the most integrity and character you can find. People will think it is unfair that you have a good coach and they dont. BUT, if you dare, dream big! Get that coach, get in that weight room. In fact, get a strength and conditioning coach.

Guess what! If you do all these things to the best of your ability, you're going to stop sucking as much! All the other people who are used to you sucking will think that is wrong. They want to keep the status quo. When you get better, possibly even better than they are, they are going to hate your guts! Do it. It will be good for your school, your team, and your son. Somebody is always gonna hate you. It might as well be because you are a winner! 

Don't see nobody crying about having to play Clarksville Acad or Middle Tenn Christian to name a couple

Wildcat, I certainly dont mean to put the cart before the horse (no pun intended with respect to Huntingdon) but if we make it to meet y'all in the quarter finals, it will be quite a game! In my humble opinion it has become one of the best rivalries in Tennessee high school football. And I will say right here and now, if we lose, my son and I will be sitting on the WC side the rest of the way. All good things come to and end and this will be the end of and era for sure, especially with it being Preston's senior year. We are not what we were last year, but we'll do our best to get back and I know y'all will too. Maybe NCSdad23, me and a few others can meet up with yall if we make it that far. If we dont, Ill see you on your side of the field against Dresden.