Milan vs Medina (South Gibson)

thedawg44

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to mention Liberty is only 20 kids away from playing in 5a....... So Milan will playing against a loaded deck. I understand the rules for the classifications and Liberty is clean but they honestly could be playing 5a ball but they are playing 3a ball because of JCM.

I don't think you can criticize Liberty for doing that. First, they only have like 55-65 (if that) kids that are dressing out on Friday nights. It's also only for 1 season. If JCM was still in existence, I think it would have no effect on the region standings.

Back on Flipper, I was never a big Flipper fan in the first place. I believe he was the one that did all of those all-star events for High School seniors just to raise money.

On paper Milan should win.....But this is the biggest rivalry for both schools and you gotta love this week!!! SGC has nothing to lose and will try some crazy! On paper Milan should win but we have a history of giving the dawgs a close game. We shall wait and see. I hope SGC can pull some magic out of the hat and get a HUGE win this Friday. Upset of the year. I have ate my crow the last 2 weeks and its starting to taste pretty good. SGC pulls a shocker!

SGC 21

Dawgs 20

You know Steven I do really enjoy this game. But disagree on one thing. As a very long time Milan supporter and former player I don't think this is milans biggest rivalry. I would put Huntingdung and humboldt ahead of South Gibson just because of the long history. Huntingdung and Milan have gold balls in their trophy cases that each school feels should belong to them.

I think that sometimes Milan overlooks Medina and they really get up for us making for a great game. Hopefully that won't happen this week. If it does You guys have the talent to make us pay.

You know Steven I do really enjoy this game. But disagree on one thing. As a very long time Milan supporter and former player I don't think this is milans biggest rivalry. I would put Huntingdung and humboldt ahead of South Gibson just because of the long history. Huntingdung and Milan have gold balls in their trophy cases that each school feels should belong to them.

I think that sometimes Milan overlooks Medina and they really get up for us making for a great game. Hopefully that won't happen this week. If it does You guys have the talent to make us pay.

I agree with BPM. Medina is not Milan's biggest rivalry. They will have to pull out more

than one win for this game to become such. Huntingdon by far is our biggest, followed

by Humboldt and Trenton.

Milan wins by 3-4 td's Friday.

I agree with BPM. Medina is not Milan's biggest rivalry. They will have to pull out more

than one win for this game to become such. Huntingdon by far is our biggest, followed

by Humboldt and Trenton.

Milan wins by 3-4 td's Friday.

I have a feeling if I ask a Milan football player tomorrow who's a bigger rivalry, Humboldt or South Gibson? Good chance that player will say South Gibson over Humboldt. I know the history this and that to specific rivalries, I get that. But you can't blame South Gibson for saying Milan is their biggest rivalry, it's the only team that's near Medina that's has been historically good. They aren't a rival with TCA or JCS, heck no.

I believe the Milan/Humboldt rivalry is watered-down.

If I ask a Lexington football player whose the "Big Red Tigers?" That player wouldn't know. Yes, the "Big Red Tigers" is famous for the dominance of Lexington back in the 80's/90's, but they aren't the "Big Red Tigers" anymore. Lexington is 2 plays away from no playoffs this year. Rivalries die like shopping malls!!!

I have a feeling if I ask a Milan football player tomorrow who's a bigger rivalry, Humboldt or South Gibson? Good chance that player will say South Gibson over Humboldt. I know the history this and that to specific rivalries, I get that. But you can't blame South Gibson for saying Milan is their biggest rivalry, it's the only team that's near Medina that's has been historically good. They aren't a rival with TCA or JCS, heck no.

I believe the Milan/Humboldt rivalry is watered-down.

If I ask a Lexington football player whose the "Big Red Tigers?" That player wouldn't know. Yes, the "Big Red Tigers" is famous for the dominance of Lexington back in the 80's/90's, but they aren't the "Big Red Tigers" anymore. Lexington is 2 plays away from no playoffs this year. Rivalries die like shopping malls!!!

I agree the Milan vs Humboldt rivalry isn't what it used to be. But I work in a local Milan church with several youth. Many are on the team. Beating Huntingdung, Trenton Liberty and Dyersburg is more important to them than beating SG. It is what it is.

Great post!

This really is a great rivalry. I guess for SGC Milan is the big dog on the block and most people that live around here know or work with people from Milan so that adds to it.

I agree SGC did not have a tuff schedule for the first 7 games. Like I said in my original post on paper milan should win big. They have a ton of horses in the stable and its going to be hard to trip them up. BUT this is a rivalry... I believe SGC will pull out anything and everything they have to score some points and hopefully we can force Milan into about 9 turnovers or maybe 10!!!

I dont get into the smack talk side of it unless I know you and know you well. I take things to personal so I dont even participate in it.

I do honestly believe that Milan has the best shot to beat Liberty in the playoffs so I wish yall nothing but the best except for this Friday. I hope half the players on the team get a raging case of the squirts and maybe fungus of the knee and slows em down for the game!

Good clean rivalries are good for both towns!!! It brings a lot of press, butts in seats. ( unless its at Milan and Flipper will not allow the media to broadcast the game because he doesn't want it to " negatively affect his gate ". Also its good for the kids because they will talk about these games for the rest of their lives.

GO HORNETS!!!!!!!!

You need to tell the whole truth Mr. Rich.  The "Media" IS allowed to broadcast football games in Milan.  Live radio broadcasts are more than welcome there.   The  only media not allowed to do a LIVE broadcast at Milan is television, or video streaming.  If my information was correct, you would have been welcome to do a live audio stream