LEBANON FOOTBALL

BDP93

LOL This is why this was a great decision for both schools. These games are gonna be packed and might put some fire in the belly at Lebanon. Especially with their coach having been at Smith County.

Lots of silly notions from fans on both sides.

There is a belief of some Lebanon fans that they won't have problems against a smaller school. Go ask Warren County how that works against Dekalb County or Portland against Westmoreland. And Lebanon has lost to Warren County and Portland while Dekalb County and Westmoreland aren't as good as Trousdale County.

I looked it up during the playoffs to see how many 6A schools had played 1A/2A schools and what the record was against those schools. The 6A schools were 7-5 against 1A/2A schools. So yeah it hardly means anything just going off of size.

On the flip side there is some belief that Lebanon and some of these bad 5A/6A schools are comparable to the bottom teams in 1A/2A. That isn't the case either.

The comment was made earlier that Lebanon wouldn't have a winning record last year playing against the Trousdale Co. schedule. I don't think that was meant as a serious comment. But will give that a look anyways.

Westmoreland - They are about on par with Portland who Lebanon beat handily last year. I say Lebanon wins this game.

Clay Co. - They went 2-8 got beat by a lot often. Lebanon wins this game.

Upperman - They lost by 7 to Dekalb Co. who blew out Warren Co. who blew out Lebanon. I would say this one would be a toss up.

Jo Byrns - They were down last year I would give this one to Lebanon.

Gordonsville - They were pretty good last year and only lost to very good football teams. I think they would have beaten Lebanon.

Monterey - A bit of a down year Lebanon would win this game as well.

Pickett Co. - Lebanon wins by blowout against a 1-9 team.

Middle Tennessee Christian - They only lost to very good football teams like Gordonsville but were not as good. I would say this one a toss up leaning towards Lebanon.

Red Boiling Springs - Lebanon wins by blowout.

Nashville Christian - Nashville Christian wins by blowout. They would have beaten 3/4 of the teams in the state last year.

So yeah 6-2 with 2 more games being toss-ups where I would likely lean Lebanon.

These teams haven't played since 1970. They have played 28 times with Lebanon holding a 18-10 lead in the series with most of the games being played in the early 1900s. They played a 4-game series from 1967-1970.

1967 Lebanon 10 Trousdale Co. 0

1968 Trousdale Co. 14 Lebanon 7

1969 Trousdale Co. 30 Lebanon 0

1970 Trousdale Co. 24 Lebanon 0

Edited by steelcityroller

LOL This is why this was a great decision for both schools. These games are gonna be packed and might put some fire in the belly at Lebanon. Especially with their coach having been at Smith County.

Lots of silly notions from fans on both sides.

There is a belief of some Lebanon fans that they won't have problems against a smaller school. Go ask Warren County how that works against Dekalb County or Portland against Westmoreland. And Lebanon has lost to Warren County and Portland while Dekalb County and Westmoreland aren't as good as Trousdale County.

I looked it up during the playoffs to see how many 6A schools had played 1A/2A schools and what the record was against those schools. The 6A schools were 7-5 against 1A/2A schools. So yeah it hardly means anything just going off of size.

On the flip side there is some belief that Lebanon and some of these bad 5A/6A schools are comparable to the bottom teams in 1A/2A. That isn't the case either.

The comment was made earlier that Lebanon wouldn't have a winning record last year playing against the Trousdale Co. schedule. I don't think that was meant as a serious comment. But will give that a look anyways.

Westmoreland - They are about on par with Portland who Lebanon beat handily last year. I say Lebanon wins this game.

Clay Co. - They went 2-8 got beat by a lot often. Lebanon wins this game.

Upperman - They lost by 7 to Dekalb Co. who blew out Warren Co. who blew out Lebanon. I would say this one would be a toss up.

Jo Byrns - They were down last year I would give this one to Lebanon.

Gordonsville - They were pretty good last year and only lost to very good football teams. I think they would have beaten Lebanon.

Monterey - A bit of a down year Lebanon would win this game as well.

Pickett Co. - Lebanon wins by blowout against a 1-9 team.

Middle Tennessee Christian - They only lost to very good football teams like Gordonsville but were not as good. I would say this one a toss up leaning towards Lebanon.

Red Boiling Springs - Lebanon wins by blowout.

Nashville Christian - Nashville Christian wins by blowout. They would have beaten 3/4 of the teams in the state last year.

So yeah 6-2 with 2 more games being toss-ups where I would likely lean Lebanon.

These teams haven't played since 1970. They have played 28 times with Lebanon holding a 18-10 lead in the series with most of the games being played in the early 1900s. They played a 4-game series from 1967-1970.

1967 Lebanon 10 Trousdale Co. 0

1968 Trousdale Co. 14 Lebanon 7

1969 Trousdale Co. 30 Lebanon 0

1970 Trousdale Co. 24 Lebanon 0

i agree with you but Jo Byrns and MTC would beat Lebanon and I was counting the playoffs as well and I know they would have lost to Hundington and for Monterey would beat Lebanon that's a 5-5 record with the whole schedule but we will never know I just know that Tac is more than 2 TDs better than Lebanon

You are a complete idiot. There was one kid this year who played in a backup role that did not attend Watertown Schools from 6th grade at the very latest. All of our other kids are Watertown from 5th grade or earlier!

The kids we get in open zone from "other" schools are 95% for our small school environment and academics. (Tops in the County BTW) The other 5% come because they are in trouble and they have a chance to turn things around at a place where teachers know your name. WHS is not perfect by anyright. But a new campus has helped to bring a sense of ownership to our kids and coaches.

Let's not throw any stones before we start talking about yalls sumner co connection and mailboxes with no houses.

HOOBIE DOOBIE bad curse.

Sorry. What? Watertown academics best in the county? Please go review the states website reported academics and ACT scores. The claim you made as best in the county is not what the state website shows. As much as I like Watertown, and might even have my youngest attend WHS someday, the academics are not a reason to transfer there from other county schools.

Good luck to Lebanon! Lots of $$$ in that community that could hep the program. Maybe this will help free some of it up?

Sorry. What? Watertown academics best in the county? Please go review the states website reported academics and ACT scores. The claim you made as best in the county is not what the state website shows. As much as I like Watertown, and might even have my youngest attend WHS someday, the academics are not a reason to transfer there from other county schools.

Good luck to Lebanon! Lots of $$$ in that community that could hep the program. Maybe this will help free some of it up?

What money there is in Lebanon won't be wasted on the high school...or it's football program.

Second only to MJ in most all categories. Report card just come out. Link on county website

Second only to MJ in most all categories. Report card just come out. Link on county website

Well if you say they are second only to MJ how can you also claim best in the county? MJ is definitely in Wilson County also. Choose your words wisely on here. People will expose your falsehoods.......................

Watertown is and always has been an island unto itself in Wilson County. The county has just left them out there in the country to themselves. It took a LONG time to get the new school built. I personally miss the old behind the hedges games.

All the old money was/is in Lebanon. However MJ is rapidly taking over.

Umm thats seems to be an inaccurate statement. ACT score is a full point below the state average, +1 pt below Lebanon as well as 3+ points below on average to MJHS. Puts the ACT avg score third against Wilson county publics. The other indicators are similar.

https://www.measuretn.gov:444/ReportCard/Main/CurrentReportCard#/academic-snapshot

Nice community and beautiful scenery with a great football environment.

Good luck to Lebanon. Would love to see that community get behind the program and kids.

Edited by Playerscoach