LEBANON FOOTBALL

BDP93

I do think that there are numerous structural and cultural problems that make it much harder to win at Lebanon than surrounding schools. And many of them are only going to get worse in the near future.

However when you are 1-9 (will be 1-10) in your 4th season its hard to argue with people being upset. Especially when you collapse the last 4 games of the year. They were outscored 132-3 by Overton, Ravenwood and Franklin and blew a 27-6 lead over Antioch.

I had somebody who has some say in the school system tell me that after the Antioch game they had parents demanding a change. That the kids didn't want to play anymore. Pretty evident by them getting shutout the last 2 games.

But whoever takes this job needs to have a clear understanding that its very possible that they don't do any better. I get to see alot of the Jr. High Football in the region and from what I've seen from the feeder schools I don't expect them to be much better the next 3-4 years. Maybe worse to be honest.

I heard them talking about it on the radio and they had it rumored

Lebanon

Mt. Juliet

Wilson Central

McGavock

Antioch

Station Camp

Hendersonville

Cane Ridge

So you would be pretty much swapping Franklin, Ravenwood and Overton for Cane Ridge, Hendersonville and Station Camp.

But I don't think that will be correct because of the amount of teams. I believe there are supposed to be 49-50 teams in 6A. The easiest way to break that down evenly would be 8 regions with 6 teams and a region or two having 7 teams.

So all these teams will be 6-A?

Trying to figure where my team, Cookeville, will go, also then Warren County & Coffee County.

As the only 6-A schools in the Upper Cumberland, we're in no mans land once again.

So all these teams will be 6-A?

Trying to figure where my team, Cookeville, will go, also then Warren County & Coffee County.

As the only 6-A schools in the Upper Cumberland, we're in no mans land once again.

I'm interested to see how they do the regions as well. Because there are alot of teams clustered in certain areas. So somebody is gonna have to bite the bullet and play teams that are further away.

Its really gonna suck for the teams that get put in a region with Cookeville, Warren and Coffee County to be honest. Because they are likely gonna have a handful of 6A teams that are considerably closer than the schools in their own region. But it has to work out that way in order for the regions to be even.

Because for example you have the 3 Wilson County schools, I believe 3 Sumner County schools, 5 Rutherford County schools and even several of the Davidson County schools like Antioch and McGavock that almost are all within like 30 minutes of each other.

If you are looking at having to do 8 regions with 6 teams (1 with 7) from a geographic standpoint maybe do something like

Oakland, Blackman, Riverdale, Smyrna, Siegel and Coffee County in a region.

Lebanon, Wilson Central, Mt. Juliet, Cookeville, Warren County and Antioch in a region.

I know that would probably work out alot better for Lebanon. They would have 5 non-region opponents to where they could schedule more manageable opponents. I'm talking about having Warren County and Antioch in your region and then being able to schedule 5 games against non-region opponents like Portland, McGavock, Glencliff, Hunters Lane etc. to help get them back on track.

But whoever takes this job needs to have a clear understanding that its very possible that they don't do any better. I get to see alot of the Jr. High Football in the region and from what I've seen from the feeder schools I don't expect them to be much better the next 3-4 years. Maybe worse to be honest. So it is not coaching ,it is players? Someone suggested playing games they can win. Is this not about teams with weak players? Everyone on hear complains about the coaching but turns around and suggest weaker region and non region games against weak teams. I have said all along it is not coaching. Another poster bashed coach's response to paper, the man is just telling the truth. The truth is sometimes hard to handle. I wish lebanon the very best ,but fear that it will take a few years for change to happen.   

Former Lebanon Assistant Coach Lance White is about to win his second consecutive Class 5A State Championship as the Defensive Coordinator at Independence in 5 weeks barring an upset. He also had some very good years as the DC at Culpepper (VA) HS and Daniel Boone in East-TN.

Would be a great choice, and obviously brings instant credibility coming from Independence.  Would for sure have to roll up the sleeves and understand that this would take time.

If I'm not mistaken think Lance still lives close to Lebanon. Think he would do a good job. Not sure he would leave Indy though where his wife is girls basketball coach.

There are some other coaches, some assistants and some current head coaches, in the midstate area who will be interested. Lance is an example of a very deserving assistant who has put in the time and has the knowledge of the area and also lives nearby.