Unaka at Greenback

orngnblk

Yea...was the plan for at least the last couple years

If Pink's retiring, why doesn't he go ahead and announce it so they can post the position and get the next guy in there?  The longer he waits to turn the program over, the harder it's going to be on the new coach to move on with the program.

Does this mean they already have his replacement waiting in the wings or that they're going to drop football entirely?

It'd be a shame for a school to totally dump football.  Unaka's small, but they're a lot bigger than some of the other 1A schools like Sunbright, Oakdale, or Coalfield.  I get that EHS and Hampton attract most of the talent in Carter Co., but there's no excuse why they can't field a team and at least be respectable.

Edited by BlueDevil58

If Pink's retiring, why doesn't he go ahead and announce it so they can post the position and get the next guy in there? The longer he waits to turn the program over, the harder it's going to be on the new coach to move on with the program.

Does this mean they already have his replacement waiting in the wings or that they're going to drop football entirely?

It'd be a shame for a school to totally dump football. Unaka's small, but they're a lot bigger than some of the other 1A schools like Sunbright, Oakdale, or Coalfield. I get that EHS and Hampton attract most of the talent in Carter Co., but there's no excuse why they can't field a team and at least be respectable.

Also bigger than Greenback.

If Pink's retiring, why doesn't he go ahead and announce it so they can post the position and get the next guy in there?  The longer he waits to turn the program over, the harder it's going to be on the new coach to move on with the program.

It'd be a shame for a school to totally dump football.  Unaka's small, but they're a lot bigger than some of the other 1A schools like Sunbright, Oakdale, or Coalfield.  I get that EHS and Hampton attract most of the talent in Carter Co., but there's no excuse why they can't field a team and at least be respectable.

Wouldn't surprise me if the plan has been to drop FB all along

The talent that has been at Hampton the last fefw years and will be at Hampton is from Hampton...We sure haven't been attracting any local talent. Elizabethton? Yes

• 2 weeks later...