MTCS @ Wayne Co round 1

wildcat89

#20 is so quick to the ball. It's a real joy to watch him play defense. It will be nice to see a team try an spread the field on WC. I don't think we've seen that since Scotts Hill or Clarksville Ac.

I believe you're right. We have come along way on defense since then even though we handled those teams then. Only difference I noticed, seems MTCS quarterback likes to run more than pass. We will need to get after him. I look for us to have a big night on defense. Edited by Rings

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Wayne County has speed then this game won't even be close. Trousdale County killed MTCS with speed.

WC has some very speedy guys running the football and can also pound it but what makes it all click is when you load the box to stop the run Rice will throw one 60 or 65 yards down the field or hit one of the backs out of the backfield right behind the linebackers. The only time this offense has been slowed down all year is when they do it themselves. I'll be honest after what I've seen, WC will put as much on the board this week as they want and I don't see WC defense giving up much, maybe two scores

This game does not to be taken likely. It's time for these cats to get focused. It's one game at a time for a five week season. Our focus was not very good last week against an average team. Yeah we won 37-0 but not our best game. It's time to bring it each week. We've got the athletes to compete for the gold ball. Let's keep this thing rolling. I look forward to the game this Friday. MTCS, have a safe trip down.