Game 106--Fayetteville Tigers host Copper Basin in first round 1-A

Varo

Fayetteville's Tigers (8-2) take on the visiting Cougars (5-5) in the first round of Play-offs.  

Fayetteville has been scoring an average of 34.9 points per game this season, Basin puts up 18.9.  FHS gives up 19.7 points avg. per game, CB gives up 25.5. 

Other than win/loss records what does Copper Basin have?  Aside from the obvious speed deficit, what does CB bring to the party to help them pull off the upset?  Not enough in the tank is my guess, FHS by 30 when it's all over and the Cougars are one and done. Comments?

CB has one kid that is tough...Soseby. He could play for any team he is really good at what he does. Toughest back I've seen this year IMO. I didn't say he was the best, but he won't give up. I believe the speed of the Tigers will too much. 3 TD win by the Tigers.

I think 3 will be the minimum in this one.I miss playing Copper.Man they used to have some full grown men down there!

So I was trying to read up on CB and came across a newspaper article from last year's game vs Columbia Academy and them.  Talked about eye poking, crotch punching, knee targeting.  Realize that was last year's team, but has any of that showed up this year?  Just curious.  We're pretty delicate and can't push back you know!  It's a gentleman's game after all.

CB has one kid that is tough...Soseby. He could play for any team he is really good at what he does. Toughest back I've seen this year IMO. I didn't say he was the best, but he won't give up. I believe the speed of the Tigers will too much. 3 TD win by the Tigers.

That kid is absolutely tough.  He got blindsided and lit up on a punt return.  I didn't think he'd get up after that hit.  But after a few seconds he hopped up and off the field.  He later scored their lone TD.  

So I was trying to read up on CB and came across a newspaper article from last year's game vs Columbia Academy and them. Talked about eye poking, crotch punching, knee targeting. Realize that was last year's team, but has any of that showed up this year? Just curious. We're pretty delicate and can't push back you know! It's a gentleman's game after all.

Nah we didn't see any of that this year that I remember

So I was trying to read up on CB and came across a newspaper article from last year's game vs Columbia Academy and them. Talked about eye poking, crotch punching, knee targeting. Realize that was last year's team, but has any of that showed up this year? Just curious. We're pretty delicate and can't push back you know! It's a gentleman's game after all.

You can bank on those things happening when you play Copper Basin. Fayetteville has way too much speed for the Cougars. Copper Basin will score some, but not near enough.

Fayetteville 34

Copper Basin 14