Round 2: Coalfield @ Cloudland

TheMan2015

Coach Henry and his staff always do a great job of having coalfield playing their best football come playoff time. I figured you GB people would know that considering in 2012,2013, and 2014 you all were heavy favorites but coalfield went home with a W. Cloudland will present a challenge because CFs run defense is by far the weakest area of the team. I still think Coalfield is the better team and see them winning by 2 or 3 TDs

Coach Henry and his staff always do a great job of having coalfield playing their best football come playoff time. I figured you GB people would know that considering in 2012,2013, and 2014 you all were heavy favorites but coalfield went home with a W. Cloudland will present a challenge because CFs run defense is by far the weakest area of the team. I still think Coalfield is the better team and see them winning by 2 or 3 TDs

Good post. If Cloudland can run the ball and they probably can , its game on.

who was hurt?

Harriman's top receiver is Bingham and he played, but was a decoy with a cast on his hand. WR John Johnson was out with a shoulder. He was a 6'3" receiver that can really go get it. Pace was also playing with a bad elbow that he dislocated against Coalfield. He put on a show last night, but his hurt elbow and Phipps broke hand really limited what a lot of what Harriman wanted to do on the ground (read options). Phipps also had a cast on his hand and was limited to 4 carries. One was a fumble that bounced off his cast. Phipps was the guy that ran for 200+ last year against Greenback. 

It was the same against Greenback. Bingham and Phipps played but were limited.

The injuries didn't really hurt Harriman on offense last night even though they were a better offense midway through the season.

Where the injuries really hurt were on defense. Prater (LB) was already out then Bingham and Phipps playing with casts on had trouble wrapping up against a downhill running team like Cloudland. It's kind of like watching UT on defense with all of their linebackers out, it's hard to be effective when you're thin at LB. 

Next week will simply come down to making plays. McKinney is a possible D-I QB and Lowe might be the best athlete in Region 2. Coalfield is probably deeper at receiver than Harriman and IMO a better offense than Harriman, but none of that matters if Cloudland runs for 530 yards again. 

I also think Greenback is the team to beat by far in Regions 1-2. 

Well that must have been a different Coalfied team that I watched play GB this year.. Hampton would have no problem. Me and Uknoit agree as well..

cmon now people. now I watched them all 3 play (GB,CF,O)... Hampton would give them all they wanted, and probably handle em..

As they would have handled anyone they wanted too last year.. that was a special bunch, and so is this year.

the Dogs aren't the same Dogs they were when Oneida beat them a couple years ago, Which we had 4 TDs called back against us on phantom calls Coby and LJ's junior year.. if you do so well remember.

But that's a conversation for a later thread :D! But I do not believe Hampton would have much a problem.

Where did oneida come from? We're not even in the conversation. We not a bad team but remember we only returned 4 of 22 starters. As for the excuses for losing to us, only a couple of y'all have ever been able to admit we just beat you when we did. Just like y'all just whipped us when y'all did.

this GB team is a different animal than what those teams were. Even different than the last time you seen us play. Not knocking coalfield if they play up to their potential then I think they will win. But if they can't stop the run then CHS will have another big game. Imo

this GB team is a different animal than what those teams were. Even different than the last time you seen us play. Not knocking coalfield if they play up to their potential then I think they will win. But if they can't stop the run then CHS will have another big game. Imo

No disrespect GBN but I think the 2012 team was a better team than this year and would probably beat this year's version with the coaches y'all have now. Y'all didn't get beat much in 2012, y'all got out coached a bunch.