Gordonsville @ Wayne Co round 2

wildcat89

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Croz your a class act, I think yalls coach should have got control of it. Gville did play hard and was a better team than I was expecting, glad I wasn't one of those predicting a blowout!

Preciate it. Wish I could've made it.

I watched most of the 2nd half on fb.

Can't comment a whole lot as I couldn't see as much not being there, but some of it was disappointing.

Like I said earlier, I wasn't crazy about the refs but I couldn't see it all. A couple of the personals were iffy. But you are responsible for how you control yourself.

Preciate it. Wish I could've made it.

I watched most of the 2nd half on fb.

Can't comment a whole lot as I couldn't see as much not being there, but some of it was disappointing.

Like I said earlier, I wasn't crazy about the refs but I couldn't see it all. A couple of the personals were iffy. But you are responsible for how you control yourself.

I was talking to a member of the chain gang after the game and he said one of the coaches was all over #46 for pushing the ref, I knew it looked like he did but wasn't close enough to argue it. One difference I seen was towards the end of the game Gville got two boys flagged for personal fouls and one WC player, Gville players stayed in the game while WC's player went to the sideline for a butt chewing for a couple plays. Also Gville had a guy standing on WC's bleacher, on top row, calling plays to #46 a linebacker as soon as coach Crews would call a play. That didn't last long! Congrats Gville on a good season and a hard fought game

46 and the ref was walking off the field side by side. Ref stops, 46 keeps walking. Ref grabbed 46 by the arm and 46 pulled away.

Now, I don't know what was said but he definitely didn't push him.

I dont think I wouldve appreciated him grabbing my arm either.

Either way, it was out of control.

I know 46, very good kid.

Again a player is responsible for his own actions.

There were others that I was more appalled by.

It's a shame that when some kids realize their football career is over that they dont choose to end it with dignity. I've seen that too much.

46 and the ref was walking off the field side by side. Ref stops, 46 keeps walking. Ref grabbed 46 by the arm and 46 pulled away.

Now, I don't know what was said but he definitely didn't push him.

I dont think I wouldve appreciated him grabbing my arm either.

Either way, it was out of control.

I know 46, very good kid.

Again a player is responsible for his own actions.

There were others that I was more appalled by.

It's a shame that when some kids realize their football career is over that they dont choose to end it with dignity. I've seen that too much.

I agree, once you realize your season is ending it kinda slaps you in the face, especially when your a senior. Not trying to bash the young man, I apologize if it came off that way

I understand.

It's hard to be objective as a fan, especially when the playoffs roll around.

The refs are never on your side and the other teams are dirty.

So it goes as a high school football fan.

I've been on both sides.

I know where you're coming from, and from what I saw I can't disagree with many of the points you have made tonight.

Good luck.

I sincerely hope you guys win it all.

Again, I was very impressed by your coach and players.

Seems pretty intense, just to clarify a few things, a player can be ejected from a game for throwing a punch (doesn't have to be connected or not, doesn't matter what happens before the punch was thrown either). Obviously, I didn't see what happened because I wasn't there nor I was able to watch the game via Internet. I hope both teams traveled well! Congrats WC on the win. Also for Gordonsville, the player that was ejected will miss the first game of next years game if he is not graduating in the spring. But I'm sure Gordonsville will send a tape to the TSSAA and try to appeal it, a lot of schools do that. 1A football is underrated!

I was talking to a member of the chain gang after the game and he said one of the coaches was all over #46 for pushing the ref, I knew it looked like he did but wasn't close enough to argue it. One difference I seen was towards the end of the game Gville got two boys flagged for personal fouls and one WC player, Gville players stayed in the game while WC's player went to the sideline for a butt chewing for a couple plays. Also Gville had a guy standing on WC's bleacher, on top row, calling plays to #46 a linebacker as soon as coach Crews would call a play. That didn't last long! Congrats Gville on a good season and a hard fought game.

I am the Guy that was in the bleachers that was call plays to my defense. There is nothing illegal about that because if you are keeping stats and what plays you run all year. Its kinda like math the same every time so. I don't know its a problem oh I forgot that we were winning. Until you got the LAW involved to make me stop that's why you keep scoring because I was in box where they could not see me. I mean I keep my mouth closed y'all just keep running your mouths about me.I have done that all year,that is how we won the state in 2012.

Man, seems like there is a big disconnect between fellas like Croz and actual members of the Gordonsville program. I hope you weren't actually suggesting that you won a state championship by stealing opponents' plays. If that's not what you meant you need to edit your post because that's what Wildcat was suggesting and you seem to confirm it. Edited by 1RT

Man, seems like there is a big disconnect between fellas like Croz and actual members of the Gordonsville program. I hope you weren't actually suggesting that you won a state championship by stealing opponents' plays. If that's not what you meant you need to edit your post because that's what Wildcat was suggesting and you seem to confirm it.

Agreed... He must be a Patriots fan.

Man, seems like there is a big disconnect between fellas like Croz and actual members of the Gordonsville program. I hope you weren't actually suggesting that you won a state championship by stealing opponents' plays. If that's not what you meant you need to edit your post because that's what Wildcat was suggesting and you seem to confirm it.

That's exactly what he is confirming. If not, just stay on your side and do whatever it is you're doing. You just don't sit in the opponents side in high school football without asking for it. Thats just weird!