Round 3: Waverly vs Scotts Hill

PrimeXTime44

Best of luck, much respect for Scott's Hill and what yal have accomplished. Safe trips to all of your crew.

Respect for you guys too...I've said from before the season began that Waverly would be in this game, and that y'all were a first class program...I also predicted that y'all would beat Adamsville in a hypothetical matchup, but it would be close.

I also felt that we could be where we are if we played well, and we have. For that reason I feel that we have a decent shot if we continue to play at the same level. I for one am very satisfied that Scotts Hill has had a great season if we lose to Waverly, but don't confuse that with the fact that the kids are satisfied just to be in this game...they're not coming to try their best, they're coming to win.

Both teams have accomplished enough to be proud of regardless of the outcome...I hope that both teams play well, and may the best team win.

Edited by tradertwo

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Respect for you guys too...I've said from before the season began that Waverly would be in this game, and that y'all were a first class program...I also predicted that y'all would beat Adamsville in a hypothetical matchup, but it would be close.

I also felt that we could be where we are if we played well, and we have. For that reason I feel that we have a decent shot if we continue to play at the same level. I for one am very satisfied that Scotts Hill has had a great season if we lose to Waverly, but don't confuse that with the fact that the kids are satisfied just to be in this game...they're not coming to try their best, they're coming to win.

Both teams have accomplished enough to be proud of regardless of the outcome...I hope that both teams play well, and may the best team win.

That was very well said Trader. You guys are 1st class...

Said I may not...curiosity got me .lol

BigEdMo and I are coming to support you guys Friday! I was just like you last year when my son was a Senior! Just glad to be there and was thankful for each first down and then had no shame in losing to Trez. Would love to see you guys make it to Cookeville but if you don't what a great season it's been!

Been thinking about this game (ALL WEEK) lol....Waverly doesn't Realize What beating the #1 team in the state has done for SH. I compared the (2) LC games and to be honest there was a huge difference in the two times we played. The first time LC was more Competitive at our place but IMO they where never really in the game in the second game at their place. Yes the score at one point kind of seemed like they were but IMO it was a complete domination on SH's part. IF SH can ADD some PRESSURE Early and get some Momentum and slow their offense early in the game , We just might be Competitive. One thing for sure: We will know more about this team after Friday Night. But based on my thinking. Beating a #1 10-0 team at home and a 9-2 team at home pretty good has my hopes really high. LC is a very good football team and SH just out played them all night . Take a few mistakes away in that game and it's a complete Domination. Hearing Really good things from practice from the Linemen.IT ALL STARTS UP FRONT...So hearing this and with the Skill players & weapons SH has and with a Coaching staff with the experience SH has. GUYS THIS SURE ENOUGH MAY BE A CLASSIC...It will take SH's BEST EFFORT and EXECUTION...I FEEL REALLY GOOD about our Chances....WILL KNOW in a bit...IS SH for real or not....I LOVE THE SUSPENSE of this game and What SH brings to this game. You really can't get a read on this game because of the (2) loses. Have watched film of both games and TBH SH did not play well at all in those games. LOTS OF SIMPLE THINGS WE DID NOT DO IN THOSE GAMES that Good football teams do.We have had 4 weeks to improve on and address. I am expecting a Nail Biter Folks that will write another chapter into The history books for the Young Program of SH Football...The Question is: Will the Heading read? Scott's Hill goes into Tigertown and tames some Hungry Tigers or The Tigers end a Historic Run by the Lions of Scott's Hill....YOU GOTTA LOVE HS FOOTBALL in NOVEMBER......Fun WEEK!!!   ...........................ONE more note: If WAVERLY blows us out...Ol WELL...IT will not change my love or compassion one bit for my mighty LIONS... I said coming into the season that We could make some noise and We have...Not to bad for a little place called Scott's Hill...WE ARE PROUD of OUR LIONS..Which I guess YOU can tell....Sorry Guys but I am EXCITED about the opportunity these Young men have created for themselves.. Little Kids set on the side lines and dream of Being in this SPOT...Old Men wish they would have had this chance...Stories will be told about this team for years....JUST WHAT WILL BE TOLD????????????       PROUD father of a MIGHTY SH LION....#BELIEVE and leave it on the FIELD......SCOTT's HILL IN THE SEMI's has a ring to it....Say that a few times and let that sink in....BIG OPPORTUNITY......Nothing but RESPECT for each team in this GAME..Will not b a loser in this game. Hate to see it end for somebody...Life goes on either way. God Bless!!

Been thinking about this game (ALL WEEK) lol....Waverly doesn't Realize What beating the #1 team in the state has done for SH. I compared the (2) LC games and to be honest there was a huge difference in the two times we played. The first time LC was more Competitive at our place but IMO they where never really in the game in the second game at their place. Yes the score at one point kind of seemed like they were but IMO it was a complete domination on SH's part. IF SH can ADD some PRESSURE Early and get some Momentum and slow their offense early in the game , We just might be Competitive. One thing for sure: We will know more about this team after Friday Night. But based on my thinking. Beating a #1 10-0 team at home and a 9-2 team at home pretty good has my hopes really high. LC is a very good football team and SH just out played them all night . Take a few mistakes away in that game and it's a complete Domination. Hearing Really good things from practice from the Linemen.IT ALL STARTS UP FRONT...So hearing this and with the Skill players & weapons SH has and with a Coaching staff with the experience SH has. GUYS THIS SURE ENOUGH MAY BE A CLASSIC...It will take SH's BEST EFFORT and EXECUTION...I FEEL REALLY GOOD about our Chances....WILL KNOW in a bit...IS SH for real or not....I LOVE THE SUSPENSE of this game and What SH brings to this game. You really can't get a read on this game because of the (2) loses. Have watched film of both games and TBH SH did not play well at all in those games. LOTS OF SIMPLE THINGS WE DID NOT DO IN THOSE GAMES that Good football teams do.We have had 4 weeks to improve on and address. I am expecting a Nail Biter Folks that will write another chapter into The history books for the Young Program of SH Football...The Question is: Will the Heading read? Scott's Hill goes into Tigertown and tames some Hungry Tigers or The Tigers end a Historic Run by the Lions of Scott's Hill....YOU GOTTA LOVE HS FOOTBALL in NOVEMBER......Fun WEEK!!! ...........................ONE more note: If WAVERLY blows us out...Ol WELL...IT will not change my love or compassion one bit for my mighty LIONS... I said coming into the season that We could make some noise and We have...Not to bad for a little place called Scott's Hill...WE ARE PROUD of OUR LIONS..Which I guess YOU can tell....Sorry Guys but I am EXCITED about the opportunity these Young men have created for themselves.. Little Kids set on the side lines and dream of Being in this SPOT...Old Men wish they would have had this chance...Stories will be told about this team for years....JUST WHAT WILL BE TOLD???????????? PROUD father of a MIGHTY SH LION....#BELIEVE and leave it on the FIELD......SCOTT's HILL IN THE SEMI's has a ring to it....Say that a few times and let that sink in....BIG OPPORTUNITY......Nothing but RESPECT for each team in this GAME..Will not b a loser in this game. Hate to see it end for somebody...Life goes on either way. God Bless!!

very well put. I hate to see either one of these teams season end. I don't see a blowout at all. Should be a great game.