Rd.3: Union City at Dresden rematch.

Guest hevyrevy1611

Guest hevyrevy1611

Yeah, I know I said crazy, bold, wild predictions & statements. I did so on purpose, not as an analysts but as a biased fan who believes in our team. And yes we still have doubters & naysayers. It's fine, Lions are used to that and it just adds fuel to their fire. And this year IF we continue to win big over everyone, beating the other best teams of 1A in a dominant, convincing fashion & eventually earn our first gold, rather than rightly giving our Lions credit as one of the best teams ever (and yes, arguably THE best), this team will probably still be "dissed" by the supposed football gurus & experienced analysts on this forum, who'll deflate what Dresden did in various ways. I may not be as blind as many think, and the motives behind my seeming madness may be more effective with positive results than folk realize. Ha. This insane idiot embraces my role in all this. And I, and the Lions especially, do respect all the other teams (any team can indeed beat another team in any game!!!), admire their achievements (both past ones & current ones), and try to emulate the winning recipe & ingredients of the top-tier programs & dynasties around the state. GREAT PROGRAMS & ACCOMPLISHMENTS. And all these now-respected teams had a beginning, a start, where they had to overcome their past bad & mediocre records and battle on one game at a time, for season after season, proving their doubters wrong. Even so I believe Dresden has begun such a journey, and I hope time will prove that this dumb, blind hick from the sticks was spot on & dead center with my insane predictions & out-of-the-box utterances. Whether I'm right-on or off-track, I'll support and encourage and believe in our Lions. Get 'em team. Unleash the BEAST! :D

Edited by hevyrevy1611

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dresden

The only one that can beat them is Greenback!

Dresden will probably rule 1A for years to come!

Fairly certain whoever comes out if the west Dresden or not would boat race Greenback... also I'm favoring South Pitt in the east..

As far as Dresden ruling 1A for years to come. .. I'm sure most Dresden fans will tell you this year is their best shot for a while. They are losing a lot.

Fairly certain whoever comes out if the west Dresden or not would boat race Greenback... also I'm favoring South Pitt in the east..

As far as Dresden ruling 1A for years to come. .. I'm sure most Dresden fans will tell you this year is their best shot for a while. They are losing a lot.

you might beat us but you will not boat race us. I assure you of that.

After losing UC and Trenton from our region next year I can see Dresden relevant the next few years. I really see us top two or three with Humboldt and possibly Lake County contending also. Dresden will be one of the larger 1A schools we will still be pretty good with the kids we have returning although we loose a ton after this year. Personally I think it's do or die for us until our 8th grade team reaches 11th grade. The Crawford kid should be equal to Dresser's talent.

The region the next 4 years will be between Lake Co and Dresden. Humboldt will be a factor some. Dresden should be the favorite next year due to being able to play so many kids this year. LC was very young this year and will be young next year. Lake Co better days are ahead that much I know. Good luck to Dresden the rest of this season. The chances of playing for a gold ball don't come around often. Enjoy it while you can.

I find it interesting that some of the Dresden fans keep saying this is the best 1A team ever, especially since they have not won a state championship yet. How about winning state before you start telling all of us how good you are. Without Dresser, Dresden is slightly above average this year.

They really are about as a complete team you can have in 1A football. Take Dresser off this team and we are still traveling to Dresden Friday night. This is in my opinion why he is not a mr football finalist this year. He simply does not have to put up the the numbers that he has in the past in order for them to win. They are very quick at skill positions and physical all over the field.  

I find it interesting that some of the Dresden fans keep saying this is the best 1A team ever, especially since they have not won a state championship yet. How about winning state before you start telling all of us how good you are. Without Dresser, Dresden is slightly above average this year.

Actually, we have one fan who says this is the greatest team in 1A history. The majority of Dresden fans will say this is the best Dresden team in history. If they win the gold ball they will cement that title, if they don't they are still pretty darn good.

They really are about as a complete team you can have in 1A football. Take Dresser off this team and we are still traveling to Dresden Friday night. This is in my opinion why he is not a mr football finalist this year. He simply does not have to put up the the numbers that he has in the past in order for them to win. They are very quick at skill positions and physical all over the field.  

You are correct TT21. I've studied most of Dresden's games this year and it's amazing how many play makers they have of the field. We have 3 good running backs, 4 or 5 receivers that can catch almost anything and Dresser (no description needed). Defense is fast and physical. If we have a weak point, I would guess it's line play but they have improved this year. Along with that they can be sloppy and undisciplined at times and if that team shows up we can be playing basketball in a hurry. 

there is only one person saying that and it's revy. If you knew him you would understand . Don't be saying fans when only one is saying it