Alcoa/Betsy

coachh17

Didn't see the game. What impressed me is Elizabethon holding Alcoa to only 17 points. Elizabethon must be real good on defense.

Ron, ETown has very impressive DL. Key point is the DL have quality size and speed and do not play both ways. Combine that with quality coaching and they are a tough bunch.

Yeah you Alcoa fans are supprised because you haven't played anybody this year.You all should of got beat.

Dont take away from a good game played by your team by posting some ridiculous statement that even you dont really believe! It is very easy to compare schedules if you are really interested in it! As a matter of fact, you should compare schedules and post your findings on here! Thanks for volunteering for this bit of useless information that no other cyclone fan cares about!

Dont take away from a good game played by your team by posting some ridiculous statement that even you dont really believe! It is very easy to compare schedules if you are really interested in it! As a matter of fact, you should compare schedules and post your findings on here! Thanks for volunteering for this bit of useless information that no other cyclone fan cares about!

Alcoa is not afraid to play any team willing to play them and matter of fact has trouble getting teams to play them and this Cyclones fan has a tremendous amount of respect for Alcoa and they are always the team you have to beat if you want the Gold ball.

I have to admit, although I thought Betsy was a very good team, I didn't see them holding Alcoa to 17 points, or only winning by 3. I felt like there was a bigger gap (prior to the game) between Alcoa and the rest of 3A. Reading back through the thread, I think a lot of Alcoa fans felt the same way. Not that Etown wasn't a good team, but that they weren't capable of playing that kind of close game against a team that could hang in there with Maryville.

What a fantastic game! Congratulations to Alcoa on finding a way to keep moving as you usually do, and congratulations to Betsy for proving that even if you don't play the hardest schedule, it does not necessarily mean that you wouldn't have won if you HAD. Great game for 2 great programs. Best of luck to Alcoa next week, and Betsy in the offseason. And if, due to the split, we don't have a chance to meet again soon, I have some great memories of some great games against both fine programs!

Alcoa is not afraid to play any team willing to play them and matter of fact has trouble getting teams to play them and this Cyclones fan has a tremendous amount of respect for Alcoa and they are always the team you have to beat if you want the Gold ball.

Truth .... have difficult time filling out schedule. 2017 schedule will show that William Blount and Heritage (same county) have decided not to play Alcoa....

Elizabethton has earned respect of most Alcoa fans, great game , great atmosphere, very big and strong OL / DL.

Edited by Frid8yn9tlites

Truth .... have difficult time filling out schedule. 2017 schedule will show that William Blount and Heritage (same county) have decided not to play Alcoa....

Elizabethton has earned respect of most Alcoa fans, great game , great atmosphere, very big and strong OL / DL.

Thanks a lot for the complements and we have worked hard to just to be able to play with Alcoa.I loved the atmosphere last night and a heck of a place to watch a game.

I have to admit, although I thought Betsy was a very good team, I didn't see them holding Alcoa to 17 points, or only winning by 3. I felt like there was a bigger gap (prior to the game) between Alcoa and the rest of 3A. Reading back through the thread, I think a lot of Alcoa fans felt the same way. Not that Etown wasn't a good team, but that they weren't capable of playing that kind of close game against a team that could hang in there with Maryville.

What a fantastic game! Congratulations to Alcoa on finding a way to keep moving as you usually do, and congratulations to Betsy for proving that even if you don't play the hardest schedule, it does not necessarily mean that you wouldn't have won if you HAD. Great game for 2 great programs. Best of luck to Alcoa next week, and Betsy in the offseason. And if, due to the split, we don't have a chance to meet again soon, I have some great memories of some great games against both fine programs!

Good luck to CAK next year and always loved playing you guys and you have a great program at CAK.