Alcoa/Betsy

coachh17

I thought the same thing about Betsy because we didn't try to throw the ball down field like we have all year.It still was a great game and Alcoa has a great team and I wish Betsy would play them every year but I'm sure some Betsy fans don't feel the way I do.Good luck to Alcoa but I feel positive they will win the Gold Ball.

Yes, would have been nice to see some balance, but generally Alcoa has great athletes that can man up even against great passing qbs. I think etown was smart not to risk a couple of picks since their run was so strong.

Yes, would have been nice to see some balance, but generally Alcoa has great athletes that can man up even against great passing qbs. I think etown was smart not to risk a couple of picks since their run was so strong.

I agree but it would have been nice to see how our offense would have played if our starting QB wouldn't have got hurt.Oh well it is what it is and I'm very proud of the way we played against Alcoa.

Truth .... have difficult time filling out schedule. 2017 schedule will show that William Blount and Heritage (same county) have decided not to play Alcoa....

Elizabethton has earned respect of most Alcoa fans, great game , great atmosphere, very big and strong OL / DL.

William Blount and Heritage are both in county schools and I think both are 6A in 2017 and still won't play Alcoa. Whats up with that?

Fake punt and A bomb with less than 2 minutes to go when everyone thought they would run the clock and make Eliz use their timeouts. Plus the first play of the game was sort of a trick play.

First play of the game was not a trick play.....all week the concern and talk was about the big defensive line and how they could get up field and apply pressure. A throwback screen is a great play against this type of defensive front. Using this play with the first call was great game planning against Elizabethton's strength.

William Blount and Heritage are both in county schools and I think both are 6A in 2017 and still won't play Alcoa. Whats up with that?[/quote

Not sure why this decision would be made.....this is a big draw at the gate every year for all of the schools involved. I am sure one of the biggest gates $$$ they have. Not a smart decision by any of the people involved with these schools. Alcoa wanted to keep both games

William Blount and Heritage are both in county schools and I think both are 6A in 2017 and still won't play Alcoa. Whats up with that?[/quote

Not sure why this decision would be made.....this is a big draw at the gate every year for all of the schools involved. I am sure one of the biggest gates $$$ they have. Not a smart decision by any of the people involved with these schools. Alcoa wanted to keep both games

Pitiful decision......one reason... scared to keep getting beat and knowing players will leave for Gold!

I think "ringitis" was the term that BC administration used....sad.

But I don't think they should play either, because Alcoa need to be scheduling tougher competition IMHO.

WB and Heritage where weaker teams than some of the 3A teams. Scott Co., CAK and Redbank out played them.

I hope Alcoa can get teams like Greeneville and Elizabethton on the schedule.