Austin East at Marion County (Mathis man against this Phillips man)

Roy Dillard

Obviously it's pretty good, but I'm partial to the Marion County defense. They had starters back at like 10/11 spots from last season. A lot of three year starters that have played in Cookeville twice. I just believe Marion is a better team than AE and will win the game unless they have several turnovive

ive heard a lot about the marion defense, just haven't got to see them personally or on film. I know that Kirkendoll stuck Richardson in the championship game last year a few times and that's saying a lot against one of the best backs in the country

They played 5 lb,ers and blitzed a couple about every play. That would have made them vulnerable against the pass . Our line and blocking backs never picked up the LB,ers and they were hitting our backs as soon as they touched the ball. I, d say they will play AE a little more honest. I also think AE matches up a lot better against Marion Co than either Hampton or HV.

yea they wouldn't have done that if you all could have jones back there, a lot of what ifs, but I really do believe its a much different game. He was one of the better defenders you had also. That's the thing about small schools around here one of your "studs" go out its like losing 2 or 3 honestly. Changes your whole scheme. The way AE throws the ball they will have to stay honest on defense. Harper gets it out quick. He caught us in a blitz and checked out of it and dumped it to his TE wide open. I see a very interesting matchup.

Obviously it's pretty good, but I'm partial to the Marion County defense. They had starters back at like 10/11 spots from last season. A lot of three year starters that have played in Cookeville twice. I just believe Marion is a better team than AE and will win the game unless they have several turnovers.

So they will line it up on Friday and may the best team win, AE has a lot of 3 years starters back as well, they want just lay down and give it up Beep Beep

AE missed some golden opportunities and HV has a dang good defense as well. This game like lots of um are about match ups.We moved the ball pretty well last season,our problem was stopping Marion Co and turnovers...Walters was the big issue. AE is fairly balanced but I think the QB should take off more often.He,s pretty darn good when he does.

True that :)

HV1, I thot Jarrett had a good game plan for the AE game...I also imagine MC is watching that film again as we speak.

I'm not sure MC has the overall defensive speed HV had this season to cover Harper's pass nor run game...Even with HV's secondary speed AE still had them burnt quiet a few times.

MC will have to get to Harper to stop AE...They are very capable of stopping AE's backs but with Harper 'on' that even becomes harder to do.

AE had some issue with stopping your power run game as they did with ours....BUT it seems when they want to stop you, they turn it up and do so...AE is a head scratcher at times.

They also had problem with a couple of your bigs on the O & D lines....MC will bring the pain all night long so AE has to do a better job on both lines because Harper was pressured way too often and too often your QB had way too much time....HV's Morefield had a field day getting into the backfield....AE did not contain so well and let Street turn the corner too often... but Street's speed is something I'm not sure MC has coming out of the backfield.

(if there was one issue I had with HV's game plan, it was the fact that Street was ran so many times in the hole....Quick pitches and sweeps to Street would have given AE more of a problem IMO....34 & 40 was doing a very good job running the holes and HV went away from that at times and they didn't run nor throw to your other speedster much either)

Was an interesting game as this one will be.

For every issue I can see MC having with AE, I see an issue AE will have with MC....It IS the playoffs and this is the way it should be

HV1, I thot Jarrett had a good game plan for the AE game...I also imagine MC is watching that film again as we speak.

I'm not sure MC has the overall defensive speed HV had this season to cover Harper's pass nor run game...Even with HV's secondary speed AE still had them burnt quiet a few times.

MC will have to get to Harper to stop AE...They are very capable of stopping AE's backs but with Harper 'on' that even becomes harder to do.

AE had some issue with stopping your power run game as they did with ours....BUT it seems when they want to stop you, they turn it up and do so...AE is a head scratcher at times.

They also had problem with a couple of your bigs on the O & D lines....MC will bring the pain all night long so AE has to do a better job on both lines because Harper was pressured way too often and too often your QB had way too much time....HV's Morefield had a field day getting into the backfield....AE did not contain so well and let Street turn the corner too often... but Street's speed is something I'm not sure MC has coming out of the backfield.

(if there was one issue I had with HV's game plan, it was the fact that Street was ran so many times in the hole....Quick pitches and sweeps to Street would have given AE more of a problem IMO....34 & 40 was doing a very good job running the holes and HV went away from that at times and they didn't run nor throw to your other speedster much either)

Was an interesting game as this one will be.

For every issue I can see MC having with AE, I see an issue AE will have with MC....It IS the playoffs and this is the way it should be

Don't underestimate MC's athletes this team is not slow! They have the speed to get the edge #8 can haul the mail. They will fly to the football on defense. This one will be a good one can't wait for Friday!