Dresden Verses Wayne County

ysoangry

I'm picking Dresden to win this game this year as they were my preseason pick to go to state because of their talented quarterback. This should be a close and great football game and this game could go either way because the Wayne County Wildcats got a lot of talent as well. Both are great schools and I wish both teams the best of luck, and to whoever wins bring it home for the west in the state championship the week after.

Also Lion fans you know what I think about them fireworks however I have before said in m posts if you win semifinals and make it to the big game then that is the time to do it and I dont think it is excessive celebration then.

Wildcats you represented our region well, and even though I hate some of these other teams in our district mostly due to traveling and the depth of some of us compared to some of them, I heard we might stay in a region with u guys and I hope we do as well whether we get revenge or you keep winning quality opponents that give you a challenge is always good and prepares you more come playoff time and hey its just more fun to watch and more fun for the high school kids on the field as well. Wouldnt mind being in a region with Dresden again either we'll just have to wait and see I guess.

Once again everyone stay healthy and Good Luck to both teams. Happy Thanksgiving to everyone as well. Both of yall deserve to be in the title game I believe so play hard and have a good game Friday win or lose.

Thanks Kermit, your opinion always respected by me. Huntingdon and WC will be in the same region for the next four years along with Cwood, Perry Co, McEwen, Middleton and Bruceton. I believe that is the correct teams, I've had a brain lapse on Houston Co

I highly doubt anyone on our team is 4.5s lol

I was being extremely optimistic. It always amazed me when the boy would come home and say he ran a 4.71 at practice. Then we would go to camps and 4.85 was fastest he ever ran. I can say this, I was at more than one camp when Swafford ran 4.57 or better. One camp in Memphis we went to our boys got to see some speed. Had a 6'2" 215 LB run 4.55 and a DB run a 4.26. He was so fast they made him run again for the camera's. LB is at Middle Tn and DB I think is at Ole Miss or Vandy.

I'm picking Dresden to win this game this year as they were my preseason pick to go to state because of their talented quarterback. This should be a close and great football game and this game could go either way because the Wayne County Wildcats got a lot of talent as well. Both are great schools and I wish both teams the best of luck, and to whoever wins bring it home for the west in the state championship the week after.

Also Lion fans you know what I think about them fireworks however I have before said in m posts if you win semifinals and make it to the big game then that is the time to do it and I dont think it is excessive celebration then.

Wildcats you represented our region well, and even though I hate some of these other teams in our district mostly due to traveling and the depth of some of us compared to some of them, I heard we might stay in a region with u guys and I hope we do as well whether we get revenge or you keep winning quality opponents that give you a challenge is always good and prepares you more come playoff time and hey its just more fun to watch and more fun for the high school kids on the field as well. Wouldnt mind being in a region with Dresden again either we'll just have to wait and see I guess.

Once again everyone stay healthy and Good Luck to both teams. Happy Thanksgiving to everyone as well. Both of yall deserve to be in the title game I believe so play hard and have a good game Friday win or lose.

Appreciate the support Kermit. As far as the fireworks go, you know we don't really care what your opinion is of them. As stated many times before we started doing them about 5 years ago after a home win to try to get a tradition going. Our little town & our players love it. Huntingdon turns out every light in the gym & uses strobe lights like Thompson Boling Arena to do pregame introductions in basketball. In my opinion that might be a little excessive but hey.....that's what you guys do. We honestly didn't have many traditions going & that was one thing they've worked hard on. I'm assuming you haven't seen our run out either if you don't like the fireworks. lol Seriously though, thanks for the support from Huntingdon fans. We're hoping to play hard & take care of business Fri night. Happy Thanksgiving to you!! Edited by Dtown364

Thanks Kermit, your opinion always respected by me. Huntingdon and WC will be in the same region for the next four years along with Cwood, Perry Co, McEwen, Middleton and Bruceton. I believe that is the correct teams, I've had a brain lapse on Houston Co

Iyiyi, only care about playing you guys and Bruceton just cause the county rivalry and they sometimes get up to play us tough for 2 or 3 quarters they need more depth.  Well wildcat89 Huntingdon and Wayne County wont be the most exciting Region game next year, it might be McEwen vs Middleton, feel bad for knocking them just saying it way I see it n trying to state how it is fair for them to be in a region with 2 teams like us, thats not fair on them either. 

Appreciate the support Kermit. As far as the fireworks go, you know we don't really care what your opinion is of them. As stated many times before we started doing them about 5 years ago after a home win to try to get a tradition going. Our little town & our players love it. Huntingdon turns out every light in the gym & uses strobe lights like Thompson Boling Arena to do pregame introductions in basketball. In my opinion that might be a little excessive but hey.....that's what you guys do. We honestly didn't have many traditions going & that was one thing they've worked hard on. I'm assuming you haven't seen our run out either if you don't like the fireworks. lol Seriously though, thanks for the support from Huntingdon fans. We're hoping to play hard & take care of business Fri night. Happy Thanksgiving to you!!

I havent been to a basketball game in a long time, didnt know we did that however seeing as how the principal there once might still have a school record there it doesnt surprise me in the bit yeah we shouldn't do that.  I'll tell you what I think is ok and whats not in my opinion in high school games.  Ringing a bell after a game ok.  Mckenzies air horn thing ok, fireworks excessive, huntingdon bb preshow excessive, Milan playing who let the dogs out after a touchdown excessive and kinda sad they disrespect their band by doing that, if they played it after a game it'd be a bigger deal.  If u dont care for your band just dont have them at the game.  If u have a band there they are supposed to play if u get a touchdown not a cd.  Mckenzie buying inflatable balloons to enter football field waste of money with how much it probably cost but ok.  Camdens announcer yelling let me hear your lion pride after every play annoying but ok.  I do agree you should have some football traditions and believe it is good for the players and the community.  I just dont like the excessive ones.  I know it probably wont change and is what it is but wish you would come up with something a little more classy or use other teams ideas like Camdens lol.  Maybe you could play some Lion King songs after you win a game or are winning at end of the quarter or when u get a touchdown as I dont believe you have a band.

Kyle I guess you Rebels have your air horn. Great tradition. Keep it up. You will always be 2nd best team in Carroll Co!

Yeah keep them inflatables too, some years I feel yall spend football practice jumping on them like you are at the carroll county fair instead of practicing for your upcoming game with us.

True...too bad it didnt rain all season, we could have been the best.

OUCH, hurts but so true.

Coach Rice said the Huntingdon- Wayne Co game will be week 7 now instead of week 9 and it'll be in Huntingdon again next yr

is that outta a week 0 or with a 11 week system?  Keep it on topic some more I hope we got more non region games than 3 this year and our region is smaller then maybe we can play teams like Dresden, Westview, and Union City again.  I wouldnt mind having a 2 year playthrough with South Gibson as well, but would pick them prefer any of the other 3 first of course.

is that outta a week 0 or with a 11 week system? Keep it on topic some more I hope we got more non region games than 3 this year and our region is smaller then maybe we can play teams like Dresden, Westview, and Union City again. I wouldnt mind having a 2 year playthrough with South Gibson as well, but would pick them prefer any of the other 3 first of course.

I'm guessing on the 11 week system.