Dresden Verses Wayne County

ysoangry

Lol what makes you think that little buddy?

Preston Rice will be the best player that steps on that field Friday night. No ifs ands buts about it.

He may not be as good of a runner as Yates or passer as Winn (debatable), but if you are saying best all around, offense, defense, ect ect, then I can agree with that.....

Edited by Kevin38

Does Preston have any offers yet? If not he is being seriously overlooked. The boy is player and deserves to play at the next level.

Also my opinion on this game is that WC wins. Dresden does look pretty good, but outside of Union City, they don't have that great of a schedule. Also WC just beat the previous state champions last night, which I don't care if they aren't as good as last year, that's not an easy thing to do.

89 I have not seen WC play but my Tornadoes have been victimized twice. From my perspective they are the real deal. They bring the fight to you and they are relentless. They are stingy on defense and have multiple weapons on offense. They can run it better than they throw it and they throw it pretty good. They have a great combination of speed and strength on both sides of the ball. Scoring quick and often has been their style of play all season. They make very few mistakes but seem to capitalize on every mistake their opponents make. The biggest thing and the most dangerous is that they are hungry for a Gold Ball. They want to win with their whole heart. I have them picked to win it all in Cookeville and win in impressive fashion. That's my synopsis.

I like your synopsis Swo & appreciate the respect from UC. These boys are hungry for what UC already has....that gold ball. We came clise when these seniors were 8th graders looking on & they want to be remembered.

Does Preston have any offers yet? If not he is being seriously overlooked. The boy is player and deserves to play at the next level.

Also my opinion on this game is that WC wins. Dresden does look pretty good, but outside of Union City, they don't have that great of a schedule. Also WC just beat the previous state champions last night, which I don't care if they aren't as good as last year, that's not an easy thing to do.

I don't think wc schedule was any tougher.They played in one of the weakest regions this year.They did beat ncs but they are nowhere near the team they where last year.

I know this is the wrong thread but I gotta give props to #8 Kenny, that kid took a beating last night and never missed a beat! He played with a lot of heart and determination!

Yes, he did the best he could considering he had Mack trucks hitting him about every play. WC takes physicality to a whole other level. Dresden will discover that early on. 

The last two years especially that WC defense hits you HARD EVERY play. It sounds like a demolition derby when WC is playing defense.

Dresden is certainly the best 1A team WEST OF THE TENNESSEE RIVER, but that's where it ends. Maybe that should earn a Bronze Ball or a Cinderella slipper, I'll leave that to the Western TN contingent. But 7 PM Friday night is the equivalent of midnight for Dresden, and their princess carriage is going to turn into a pumpkin, and by 9 PM, the field will be littered with  seeds as one looks down from Ned McWherter press box. 

well if your going that route, then we beat the winners of last two out of four state championships so

He has a few offers and several schools looking but I can't name them all