Dresden Verses Wayne County

ysoangry

And just for the record, you won't hear any WC fan predicting anything except the fact that WC will show up and give all they got for four quarters. I appreciate all the support from the teams we've played and we will let them do the talking for us. Dresden had 100% of wc's respect and attention and we all know it's going to be tough. I do know from what film I've watched that Dresden has great athletes all over the field but so does WC. I also know that NCS did too, probably more than WC, the biggest difference in this game and the one with NCS is game planning. Coach Rice and Crews are hands down the best game planners in the state. Take Lawless from NCS, one of if not the best lineman in the state, he played hard but never hurt WC at all. WC had a sophomore blocking him with help coming from all different directions. If Dresden has any weaknesses I guarantee they will be exposed next Friday! I can't wait for Dresdens backs to meet Mr Birchette head on in the hole!

Edited by wildcat89

If you take out Union City, which is of course Dresden's toughest opponent all year (and no disrespect to UC, but they are way down compared to UC of the past), the combined records of Dresden's other opponents is 33-71. Defense??? Far superior??? How can you make such a statement enlight of the facts?

WC's defense is going to sack, rush, and intercept Dresden's QB all night. This time next week the term OVERRATED will be applied to the teams in 1A West of the TN River, especially Dresden. This has been the fact the last two years. Dresden has not seen a defense like WC's.

I am by no means a fan of Dresden but they are a very good team. I think they are one of the two best in the state. The other being Wayne County. The winner of this game will be state champ in my opinion. I believe the winner of this game wins the title by 14 pts or more. Wayne County and Dresden both played very similar schedules. They both have great quaterbacks and solid defenses. In my humble opinion NCS could not beat Dresden this year. Dresden is no joke. They are as sound of a team as you will find at the 1A level.If Wayne County has an advantage it would be coach Rice. Like I said not a fan of Dresden by any means but teams west of the Tennessee river are much stronger than you think. Good luck to all remaining teams.

Well from what I'm hearing we could save a lot of time and save WC the travel if we would just go ahead and forfeit since we have no chance

I know for a fact I have heard those who picked WC said it would be close, may have been one or two that said otherwise but for the most part we all believe it will be a good game regardless which way it goes.....lol