7A

WildcatNation33

Funny you never speak that way to me when we meet why is that? I wasn't trying to be disrespectful in any way to you. Tell me why you think Meadows is better than Hardy. The only advantage Meadows has is her height, other than that Hardy is the better all around player. Now does Meadows have a larger upside? Yeah I'd say she does simply because of how tall she, but she will have to get in shape to achieve that otherwise she'll not play much at the next level. Hardy has really come on as of late and is playing the best ball she has played all year. Clarkrange had no answer for her the other night, don't you think that's odd given the fact that Meadows is so much better in your opinion?

Meadows game is pretty dang good. She has more than just height going for her. I am biased of course but I do like Hardy's game. She is a good ball player. However, you can't coach height, a basketball IQ, soft touch whether around the rim, mid range, or past the 3 point line. Kara has those intangibles. She is also a great passer and once she has the ball in the paint, no one can stop her consistently. Also, she changes the game plan for a lot of teams by taking out the middle when she is the paint defensively and when she gets it there offensively. I'm not the coach but Garrett is a better matchup to Hardy than Meadows. For a couple reasons, they are both 4's and Kara is still getting in shape. She is getting there.

Could she be in better shape at this point post surgery? Yes, maybe. Will she be in shape for the next level, absolutely or she won't play. My guess is she will. Insell is no dummy and he will get it out of her. Mark my words. And I'm willing to bet the farm she doesn't go 1-13 from the field should these 2 teams play again. But it is basketball played by a bunch of teens with a lot of pressure put on them to succeed.

How does everyone see this district finishing up? Pickett and Clarkrange play Tuesday night, and assuming Pickett doesn't lose to Clay County on Friday night, the Range/PC game will be for first in the district. 

How does everyone see 3rd and 4th going? Clay still has the toughest slate left with Pickett and Jackson (at Jackson). Clay and Jackson game would determine third place, right? 

Stand by what I said. Boat raced.

Pickett is just better as a team period. Doesn't mean anything in the MVP race. That is the first time I have ever witnessed our girls with a running clock against them in our gym. This should be a wake up call for our program. Either get better or suffer the consequences period end of story.

How does everyone see this district finishing up? Pickett and Clarkrange play Tuesday night, and assuming Pickett doesn't lose to Clay County on Friday night, the Range/PC game will be for first in the district.

If Jackson wins they will be the 3 seed if my math is correct. Which means a date with Clarkrange in the district semis. Finish 2nd in the district tournament and it's on to the glass house.

How does everyone see 3rd and 4th going? Clay still has the toughest slate left with Pickett and Jackson (at Jackson). Clay and Jackson game would determine third place, right?

Meadows game is pretty dang good. She has more than just height going for her. I am biased of course but I do like Hardy's game. She is a good ball player. However, you can't coach height, a basketball IQ, soft touch whether around the rim, mid range, or past the 3 point line. Kara has those intangibles. She is also a great passer and once she has the ball in the paint, no one can stop her consistently. Also, she changes the game plan for a lot of teams by taking out the middle when she is the paint defensively and when she gets it there offensively. I'm not the coach but Garrett is a better matchup to Hardy than Meadows. For a couple reasons, they are both 4's and Kara is still getting in shape. She is getting there.

Could she be in better shape at this point post surgery? Yes, maybe. Will she be in shape for the next level, absolutely or she won't play. My guess is she will. Insell is no dummy and he will get it out of her. Mark my words. And I'm willing to bet the farm she doesn't go 1-13 from the field should these 2 teams play again. But it is basketball played by a bunch of teens with a lot of pressure put on them to succeed.

Good post by a guy who always tells it like he sees it, and he doesn't see it thru 'rose colored glasses'.

Oh I agree her upside is much bigger and I've said as much.  However its going to take some work ethic and wind sprints to play at MTSU but now if she gets in shape the sky's the limit for her.  There have been some rumors coming out of Clarkrange that i won't talk about because I don't think its fair, I'll just say from what I've witnessed on the floor she is unstoppable at times and then at other times she seems to disappear.  Hardy is not a 4, she's a 5 in high school.  Garrett cannot match up against her, but I can understand why they put her on Hardy.  That keeps Meadows from working too much on the defensive end, as that would wear her out even more quickly.  

Edited by UCSportsFan

Pickett is just better as a team period. Doesn't mean anything in the MVP race. That is the first time I have ever witnessed our girls with a running clock against them in our gym. This should be a wake up call for our program. Either get better or suffer the consequences period end of story.

When's the last time the MVP came from 3/4 place?

Oh I agree her upside is much bigger and I've said as much. However its going to take some work ethic and wind sprints to play at MTSU but now if she gets in shape the sky's the limit for her. There have been some rumors coming out of Clarkrange that i won't talk about because I don't think its fair, I'll just say from what I've witnessed on the floor she is unstoppable at times and then at other times she seems to disappear. Hardy is not a 4, she's a 5 in high school. Garrett cannot match up against her, but I can understand why they put her on Hardy. That keeps Meadows from working too much on the defensive end, as that would wear her out even more quickly.

She's a 4.. by lack of position players she plays a 5. Don't split hairs

Disappear?? Elaborate.. cause the numbers don't lie

Edited by BigDaddy_1