Dobyns Bennett 2017 Schedule

maroonpride

Very tough schedule for DB next year. I hope the boys work hard in the weight room and get together and focus on 7 on 7 and route running. I didn't realize how much Farragut had improved until yesterday. There will be no easy game next year. Also times news verified that this will be the schedule. http://www.timesnews.net/Football/2016/12/03/Rivalry-games-on-the-move-but-Mason-Dixon-Bowl-returns.html?ci=stream&lp=6&p=1

Science Hill not being the last game will be different

Science Hill not being the last game will be different

This will be different. I've actually always liked the rivalry game finishing up the regular season for both teams. Weather will at least be much better to go catch this game now. The last couple of years the weather has been brutal when these two have played. How are the Indians looking next year? The Toppers should be even better. Their QB and both of their great RB's will return.

This will be different. I've actually always liked the rivalry game finishing up the regular season for both teams. Weather will at least be much better to go catch this game now. The last couple of years the weather has been brutal when these two have played. How are the Indians looking next year? The Toppers should be even better. Their QB and both of their great RB's will return.

This is nothing more than the battle for the Tri-Cities these days. Neither team will go more than one or two games in the playoffs but Science Hill will easily be crowned "Champions of the Tri-Cities" again.

Lol ... Do you think that matters ?! Dig deep on the current staff(1) and then you would see that don't matter !!

Looks like BS to me. Arrested for riding a motorcycle on the back wheel when he was a rookie in the NFL. I guess that's a little worse than j-walking. Arrested by a Kingsport cop trying to make national news. The charges were dropped in the Kingsport case I believe. He was pulled over for driving a Bentley in the wrong neighborhood. "No I'm not kidding". As far as the"unpublished" thing goes I couldn't tell you. It's "unpublished" so nobody knows what that is. "GS" is a great guy and has done a lot for the youth in Kingsport and continues to. "GS" has never coached at the high school level but I would bet the farm he could walk in and do a better job than anyone on DB's staff right now. That's including every coach. Heck I could go to the boys club and find a better coach for defense.

Looks like DB and Science Hill will have a new rival in a few years.

I know they are reporting it will be 1,700 capacity. It honestly would not surprise me to see it at more like 1,500. So many people are furious about this that Gate City, Boone, and DB are the likely landing spots for many. Remember Colonial Heights still has several areas that were annexed sending their kids to county schools. This may just push those families on to the city schools which they are already paying for anyway. Spoke with a few friends with athletes in the system in the South zone and "sending mine to Boone" was the response I got from several. Bloomingdale, parts of Lynn Garden, and Carters Valley are livid over this, as they should be. Gate City will see an increase in their student body. 

I guess we'll see. 

Fall of 2020 is the expected opening date.

Edited by maroonpride

I know they are reporting it will be 1,700 capacity. It honestly would not surprise me to see it at more like 1,500. So many people are furious about this that Gate City, Boone, and DB are the likely landing spots for many. Remember Colonial Heights still has several areas that were annexed sending their kids to county schools. This may just push those families on to the city schools which they are already paying for anyway. Spoke with a few friends with athletes in the system in the South zone and "sending mine to Boone" was the response I got from several. Bloomingdale, parts of Lynn Garden, and Carters Valley are livid over this, as they should be. Gate City will see an increase in their student body. 

I guess we'll see. 

Fall of 2020 is the expected opening date.

Boone welcomes the xtra athletes

Your correct and the Bentley thing is correct - nothing better to do than follow around a nice expensive tinted window car ....

GS would be a great add to staff , heck probably better just taken over this mess of a staff .. I just think it would be in DB best interest to stick him on staff , allow him to teach his postions and not allow Graham to decide how he coaches ... Also we need to keep his boy in Kingsport because from what I have heard he is one heck of QB at his age already (calling plays etc. ) !!!

Looks like BS to me. Arrested for riding a motorcycle on the back wheel when he was a rookie in the NFL. I guess that's a little worse than j-walking. Arrested by a Kingsport cop trying to make national news. The charges were dropped in the Kingsport case I believe. He was pulled over for driving a Bentley in the wrong neighborhood. "No I'm not kidding". As far as the"unpublished" thing goes I couldn't tell you. It's "unpublished" so nobody knows what that is. "GS" is a great guy and has done a lot for the youth in Kingsport and continues to. "GS" has never coached at the high school level but I would bet the farm he could walk in and do a better job than anyone on DB's staff right now. That's including every coach. Heck I could go to the boys club and find a better coach for defense.