Marion vs Trezevent (Mathis man against this White man)

Roy Dillard

I'm watching this warrior vs AE game on wepg right now and one thing I keep watching is what I've said all year about the warriors...They are so fundamental on defense. They rarely get out of position and do not miss many tackles. When they had back to back to back interceptions it was because they were in perfect position to make the play and actually made it. Their kicker?? Where did this dude come from he was almost kicking kickoffs through the field goal post. Very impressive. I do not think Richardson is healthy enough for Trezevant. The warriors will finally bring home a state title back to Jasper. No prediction, but I believe they get it done.

HOW DOES one watch this game?

I'd like to see it. 

I think trezevant will actually be the best coached team this time around...I have watched film of Marion County and I saw a bunch of slow country kids who play hard...Like I said trezevant is just the better team with bigger and better players...Trezevant 42 to Marion County 14....Marion County will not be able to slow down Trezevant run game period!!!!!

You just said a mouthful. Most people who follow lower classification football haven't even had that as a thought to enter into their brain. Teli White has coached Trezevant to four (4) championship games in seven (7) years. Just ponder that for a moment. Two (2) in 4A, and now two (2) in 2A. He's coached Trezevant to three (3) state championship games in three consecutive seasons, He's also coached Trezevant to a quarter-final finish in 4A in 2012, and to a semi-final finish in 4A in 2013. Now, throw in how impoverished the area of town is in which Trezevant resides. Quite frankly, I'm amazed he's done what he's done considering where the schools is located and all of the obstacles they face just from that alone. It's downright miraculous if you ask me. What he is doing, JUST ISN'T DONE. Not on a consistent basis anyway. CR's come and go, Teli White is why Trezevant is so good.

That man can absolutely COACH. He's one of the best in the state.

Edited by kwc

You just said a mouthful. Most people who follow lower classification football haven't even had that as a thought to enter into their brain. Teli White has coached Trezevant to four (4) championship games in seven (7) years. Just ponder that for a moment. Two (2) in 4A, and now two (2) in 2A. He's coached Trezevant to three (3) state championship games in three consecutive seasons, He's also coached Trezevant to a quarter-final finish in 4A in 2012, and to a semi-final finish in 4A in 2013. Now, throw in how impoverished the area of town is in which Trezevant resides. Quite frankly, I'm amazed he's done what he's done considering where the schools is located and all of the obstacles they face just from that alone. It's downright miraculous if you ask me. What he is doing, JUST ISN'T DONE. Not on a consistent basis anyway.

That man can absolutely COACH. He's one of the best in the state.

He does have some great athletes at his disposal also. Agree, he has done a marvelous job.

He does have some great athletes at his disposal also. Agree, he has done a marvelous job.

If you could have just acknowledged his accomplishments without the caveat, that would have been great. But nope, you just had to add that little tid-bit.

It's PAR FOR THE COURSE however. I'm not surprised at all.

Why am I being so picky you ask? Because it is ALWAYS the caveat thrown in with any successful coach that coaches a team from Memphis. Folks just can't help it. So, what will be your response to this?

You will say ... "But it's true!" "He does have a lot of athletes" What I have YET to hear/read is anyone outside of Memphis, save a select few, who will acknowledge the coaching acumen of any coach from a City of Memphis school WITHOUT adding the 'athlete' caveat.

Don't hold your breath, you will probably suffocate before you read it.

Edited by kwc

If you could have just acknowledged his accomplishments without the caveat, that would have been great. But nope, you just had to add that little tid-bit.

It's PAR FOR THE COURSE however. I'm not surprised at all.

Why am I being so picky you ask? Because it is ALWAYS the caveat thrown in with any successful coach that coaches a team from Memphis. Folks just can't help it. So, what will be your response to this?

You will say ... "But it's true!" "He does have a lot of athletes" What I have YET to hear/read is anyone outside of Memphis, save a select few, who will acknowledge the coaching acumen of any coach from a City of Memphis school WITHOUT adding the 'athlete' caveat.

Don't hold your breath, you will probably suffocate before you read it.

He is speaking the truth. He has a lot of off the field issues to deal with in inner city north Memphis, but the truth remains. The athletes there are second to none.