Marion vs Trezevent (Mathis man against this White man)

Roy Dillard

I think trezevant will actually be the best coached team this time around...I have watched film of Marion County and I saw a bunch of slow country kids who play hard...Like I said trezevant is just the better team with bigger and better players...Trezevant 42 to Marion County 14....Marion County will not be able to slow down Trezevant run game period!!!!!

Let me start by saying that I have alternately been pro MC and Trez when replying to posts that suggest one or the other have no chance to win this game. Your post makes the least sense of any yet...Marion Co. has slow country kids vs. better team, bigger and better players, and  be the "best coached team"? What will you say if it's even close??? Or (perish the thought) if Marion wins? I don't intend to "be the typical Memphis bashing poster", but someone from there does this every year..."Memphis has the best athletes and the best coaches in the state" but are frequently beaten by slow country kids with second rate coaches...what gives?

When you are in my shoes you will begin to see what I see. I go throughout the threads on different Memphis teams, not just Trezevant and Whitehaven. It's the same mantra. But since you aren't from Memphis, you aren't aware of the STIGMA that is attached to every coach from Memphis that coaches a high school football team that resides in the CITY.

It is what it is. I'm sitting here thinking that if CR isn't able to go, and they play and beat MC without him ... would Teli White be considered a really good coach without the "Athlete" caveat attached to any success that Trezevant has.

To you, I'm making a bug deal about nothing. To those of us from Memphis ... this a VERY BIG ISSUE.

Sorry you had to witness that. Just do me a favor ... from now on, when you read a comment about coaching from Memphis schools. Just make a mental note how many times the "Athlete" word is attached and HOW much it is attributed to whatever schools success.

If the comment is coming from a non Memphis person. You will see it more often then not. 

Well, why is this important to you? You ask? I'll answer that. 

It comes across as if NONE of the coaches who successfully get a team to the championship game could do it on their own coaching acumen. The coaches AREN'T smart enough to do it. THEY have to rely on athleticism.

THAT's why it is such a big deal. Of course you wouldn't notice it. That's why I bring it up. Anybody from a City of Memphis program who will read this statement will co-sign on it. Trust me, we all see it.

Nobody said that Memphis coaches are dumb, the reason that the athletes are mentioned as often as coaching acumen is because Memphis teams who advance to state are always athletic...good coaching with athletes beats good coaching with average kids every time. If Teli's team isn't loaded with gifted athletes they lose to Mitchell and/or Waverly. Do they lose because Teli can't coach?..no, because Mitchell/Waverly outplays average kids.

Willie, this is the championship game. Like I told you post 2015 and in the preseason. These are the two best teams in 2A. Region 3-2A wasn't near as strong this season as 2015. That's one reason why I maintained the entire time Marion would be back and it wouldn't be close. I was off a little about the west. I didn't think the Waverly game would be that close.

Tried to let the world in on it...Waverly was verrry good. I don't toot Scotts Hill's horn much because they're "my" team, and bragging ain't my thing, but the coaches and kids were responsible and I'm just a fan so, the Lions were a formidable team in their own right...everyone knew about  Adamsville, throw them in the mix and the west got better under Trezevant, who (IMO) fell back just a bit. Before you Trez fans freak on me for the falling back comment, they are still head and shoulders better than any 2A team. Why then do I expect a tight game? The Warriors have been consistently good all year and the Bears haven't had to be, coupled with the game last year...just figure it will be another classic.

Tried to let the world in on it...Waverly was verrry good. I don't toot Scotts Hill's horn much because they're "my" team, and bragging ain't my thing, but the coaches and kids were responsible and I'm just a fan so, the Lions were a formidable team in their own right...everyone knew about Adamsville, throw them in the mix and the west got better under Trezevant, who (IMO) fell back just a bit. Before you Trez fans freak on me for the falling back comment, they are still head and shoulders better than any 2A team. Why then do I expect a tight game? The Warriors have been consistently good all year and the Bears haven't had to be, coupled with the game last year...just figure it will be another classic.

All good points. I still believe if Richardson had played last week you would have seen a 21 point spread. I didn't know he had an injury or I wouldn't have picked a 21-28 point win for Waverly. Any time you take D1 off a team it hurts them badly.

+1 I agree, RD has to be present to give up the "hickernut" secret.

Bassy wants to know if the "Hickernut Lodge" in Sevierville has anything to do with this "Hickernut" stuff? I didn't really know how to answer that?? LMBO..

What kind of mess is this? I garuntee you I dont East hickory nuts and aint never stayed at no durn hickernut lodge. Me and Wendy usually stay at the motel 6. You think im joking but im not. Edited by Roy Dillard

What kind of mess is this? I garuntee you I dont East hickory nuts and aint never stayed at no durn hickernut lodge. Me and Wendy usually stay at the motel 6. You think im joking but im not.

Motel 6? What kinda mess is this? You kinda strike me as an Ambassador Inn type of guy... Recon if you meet us on Saturday I will give you some purple to wear and PP68 will tell you about that "hickernut" mess! In return we will listen to you talkin about Murphy's pole, fudge rounds and your most recent Drs. visit! You think I'm smokin potter but I'm not! Edited by Astimeexpires01

They put up huge numbers in every game they played this season. I don't know anything about HV but what most said on Coach T was their defense was very good. Looking at HVs games all year the scores seem to validate that. AE just ran into 2 good defenses in the qtrs and semis and their offense was slowed and ultimately stopped.

You'd think Fultons or Scott's D would have had them battle tested wouldn't ya?

Motel 6? What kinda mess is this? You kinda strike me as an Ambassador Inn type of guy... Recon if you meet us on Saturday I will give you some purple to wear and PP68 will tell you about that "hickernut" mess! In return we will listen to you talkin about Murphy's pole, fudge rounds and your most recent Drs. visit! You think I'm smokin potter but I'm not!

Hey, hey, hey. He isn't staying at my motel. LMBO

Think the Trezevant folks are underestimating the Marion defense. It is much better than last year. And IMO better than waverly. Regardless if Richardson is 100% or 50% I still think Marion gets the W the margin is just closer if he's 100%. I think Marion has the better TEAM. Trezevant has athletes all over the field and did last year and should have beat Marion by much more than they did. To me Marion is more disciplined than Trezevant and has the defense to get it done