Oakland vs, Whitehaven

Blaze45

Best defense ever? Better then 2004 Melrose? Better then 2015 Ravenwood? Wow, that's high praise coming from you.

I know that the NG for the 2015 Ravenwood team gave us fits last year. That speaks volumes about #99.

Thanks for the run down on Oakland.

I was thinking that Melrose team ( think it was 2004 ) was the best till Oakland , and yes this Defense is better than last year's Ravenwood team . They were very inspired , don't know if they can bring that kind of intensity 2 weeks in a row , but if they do they'll be very tough to beat . 

Idk who said we had leading rusher in the state cause he's not even the leading rusher in the city. But we feel and Im sure a lot of others, especially those who played against us feel he is the best back in the state. Like I stated earlier he's not even carrying the load because the ball gets spread around amongst our backfield. We are not Blackman and I'm sure Blackmans back is good but ours is better. If he gets another 140 against Oakland that should seal the deal for Mr. Football and a gold ball. They won't score 47 and we will score way more than 4.

My misunderstanding I thought when yall said the best back in the state you meant the number 1 back in the state. My bad Also to the person that said it took Rutherford county long enough to slay the Dragon. Well Oakland did it straight up, fair and square. They did not need a 12th man on their team in stripes to make a Phantom call in the last minutes of the game to beat them. Everybody that watched that game knows including you, that if that phantom call is not made Whitehaven goes home with the silver ball. So I guess you could say your Championship should have an asterisk by it. How many championships does Whitehaven have in 6A?  I don't think your running back will get 100 yards I could be wrong but we will see. That's why they play the game!

If whitehaven plays defense and scores a few times then they have a shot. I watched the Maryville game again after I recorded it . Maryville had opportunities. They turned the ball over 2 times in the 3rd quarter when the game was close

I'm not sure whitehaven could beat Maryville so they better bring it or that bus ride back to Memphis will be silent

Oakland should have been up 21-0 at half and also missed a couple of scoring opportunities in 2nd half. Whitehaven would beat Maryville and may beat Oakland. I was at game Friday and heard a lot of the Oakland fans around me talking down about Whitehaven. Saying they were 14-0 but was a west tn team and they wasn't worried that the game vs Maryville was championship game.

180px-I27m_RickJames_Bitch21.jpg

From somebody who went to school in 87 in Odessa. I can tell you that the current Oakland team is way better than that Mojo team. As a current Blackman fan.I can tell you the rb at blackman is  probably as good if not better than your back His yard totals are with him missing 2 and 1/2 games . BTW the movie while slightly exaggerated you do remember there was an incomplete pass where the ball bounced off the turf ruled as a catch that would have stopped them from scoring. If you are going to draw comparisons be real ... Odessa Permian players on the line averaged 5'11-6'0 ft and 225 maybe if that ... Oakland puts 6'1 and average a solid 275-280. And remember the feature back Boobie Myles didn't play that game...not the case here... Oakland is hitting on all cylinders .... no key players out. 

Edited by Blaze45

Oakland should have been up 21-0 at half and also missed a couple of scoring opportunities in 2nd half. Whitehaven would beat Maryville and may beat Oakland. I was at game Friday and heard a lot of the Oakland fans around me talking down about Whitehaven. Saying they were 14-0 but was a west tn team and they wasn't worried that the game vs Maryville was championship game.

That'll just make it even sweeter

My misunderstanding I thought when yall said the best back in the state you meant the number 1 back in the state. My bad Also to the person that said it took Rutherford county long enough to slay the Dragon. Well Oakland did it straight up, fair and square. They did not need a 12th man on their team in stripes to make a Phantom call in the last minutes of the game to beat them. Everybody that watched that game knows including you, that if that phantom call is not made Whitehaven goes home with the silver ball. So I guess you could say your Championship should have an asterisk by it. How many championships does Whitehaven have in 6A? I don't think your running back will get 100 yards I could be wrong but we will see. That's why they play the game!

Idk if you've ever played football or not but bad/questionable calls are a part of the game unfortunately and it didn't end the game. The game was won in OT. The the risk of trick plays I guess. I actually loved the play, gonna add it to the playbook when I start coaching peewee ball one day. Our running back/Oline won that game with 350+ yards and 5 TDs. I can't believe people still bring this up. Lol! Dez caught it btw...

Edited by Havengrad04

This should be a great 6A Championship game featuring two undefeated teams so hats off to both programs. In looking at the numbers and assuming it will be tough sledding for either team to establish the run early since both defenses are so stingy. It will come down to the QB play and who can make the big throws downfield when it counts. My question is who has the better QB in this match up? 

https://youtu.be/AX456gVQTGY

Maryville Oakland

Man that TD Blackman kid is a beast, I've heard the hype all year and thought it was just hype cause he was at Maryville. I was wrong, he's a real baller. Maryville made too many mistakes that u can't make against an athletic secondary like Oaklands. Oaklands defense looked darn good but Maryville had more than the usual self inflicted injuries.