Briacrest (D2AA) 41 Germantown (6A) 28

CBHS (D2AA) 22 White Station (6A) 14

CBHS (D2AA) 41 Houston (6A) 21

MBA (D2AA) 49 Pearl Cohn (4A) 7

McCallie (D2AA) 49 Blackman (6A) 10

MUS (D2AA) 19 Memphis Central (5A) 13

MUS (D2AA) 40 Ridgeway (4A) 22

Pope John Paul (D2AA) 54 (6A) Coffee County 14

Average D2AA Baylor mercy ruled 5A Rhea County who pushed 5A state champion Farragut to the wire 33-30 in the playoffs.

Pearl Cohn only lost one other game all year... To Memphis East by a single point.

Christian Brothers a below average D2AA beat 6A WhiteStation worse than 6A state champion Whitehaven did.

MUS another average D2 school also beat Ridgeway by the same amount as your 6A State Champs Whitehaven.

McCallie, the fourth best team in D2 beat the 6th ranked 6A Blackman by 39.

Ensworth beat 2A champion Trez 54-14.

I can even throw in some smaller D2 schools like Lausanne and Webb who beat 5A and 6A teams this year.

Webb beat Oak Ridge who is the only team to beat 5A state champ Farragut this year.

There is proof of D2 schools not only going undefeated but also whooping 5A and 6A schools. There is nothing more to say. The proof is in the games played and common opponents. If you want to continue to be ignorant than by all means continue. Whatever helps you sleep well at night.

I have much respect for Whitehaven Oakland and Maryville and I do believe these teams could field competitive games but for you to honestly think anyone else could come within a couple scores of the top D2AA teams just shows how delusional you are.

Don't forget that one of the worst DII teams (Briarcrest) beat Germantown by 13, while Whitehaven only beat them by 7.

Coach Saulsberry already addressed earlier in the year that this very article was inaccurate but it's all good. We know our football program, academics, fan support, and Whitehaven community as a whole is top notch. All this false shade that some on here are trying to throw at us just won't be tolerated without strong rebuttal. It's a lot of great programs and teams in the state. We feel we are the best as I'm sure others do as well, we proved it. There's nothing else to realistically to say about it, now if it's IFL we're debating about we can go for eternity... Edited by Havengrad04

One thing I find interesting as well is everyone raves about Memphis basketball teams as well and BA goes and beats Memphis east the last 2 years in Memphis I mind you not. Also, they lost to HH by about 4 last season. And guess what, all the good players except Garland at BA are football players. It goes to show you how good BA is bc if they are beating “the best" in basketball they most certainly would smoke you in football

The announcers mentioned the number on tv during the game as well - 31 is still an amazing number

Coach Saulsberry already addressed earlier in the year that this very article was inaccurate but it's all good. We know our football program, academics, fan support, and Whitehaven community as a whole is top notch. All this false shade that some on here are trying to throw at us just won't be tolerated without strong rebuttal. It's a lot of great programs and teams in the state. We feel we are the best as I'm sure others do as well, we proved it. There's nothing else to realistically to say about it, now if it's IFL we're debating about we can go for eternity...

Edited by baylorbigdog1976

The Haven should get a home and home with Maryville. I'd like to see that game.

I would be good with that. Then Maryville could drop WB and give you an opportunity to search out a win. Perhaps an upper East Tennessee 3A team like Elizabethton. Nope......that wouldn't be a good choice.