Carter

endofbcs

Looks like Carter is looking for a new coach. They just lost a good one & it looks like it is basically because kids can't handle being coached these days. With that being said who might go after it?

Anyone know Carters schedule for next season? I haven't seen any Knox county schedules posted.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.documentcloud.org/documents/3232701-Documents-Knox-County-investigation-of-Carter.html

Hard for me to read the official Knox County documents (see the link) on the issue an not come to the conclusion that this should have never gone beyond the A.D. and certainly no further than the principal. Seems the administrators failed to do their job at the school level and floated their problem up the river to central office. If anyone else has more insight, I'd like to hear more about the conduct of the actual investigation. From what I had heard, Carter was much better off with this coach than they were with the previous coach.

http://www.documentcloud.org/documents/3232701-Documents-Knox-County-investigation-of-Carter.html

Hard for me to read the official Knox County documents (see the link) on the issue an not come to the conclusion that this should have never gone beyond the A.D. and certainly no further than the principal. Seems the administrators failed to do their job at the school level and floated their problem up the river to central office. If anyone else has more insight, I'd like to hear more about the conduct of the actual investigation. From what I had heard, Carter was much better off with this coach than they were with the previous coach.

Thanks for sharing. Sounds like a good coach got railroaded!

From what I've been told, it was a little more than just kids not wanting to be "Coached." Anyhew, not good for Carter. Just got that Fr QB that is going to be a stud and had a fairly young team. Whoever the new coach is will have some weapons, but can they use them correctly is the big question.

......or they leave to find gold!?

Coach McMillan deserved better than Carter. He is a great man & a great coach. He gave so much time & energy to his players & the football program. I don't blame him at all for not wanting to endure another season of the whining & drama at Carter High School.

Plus 1. 

Mac is a class act and a proved football coach.  He'll end up helping another program before all is said and done.  

Dumb move not to back him, in my opinion.  

Coach McMillan deserved better than Carter. He is a great man & a great coach. He gave so much time & energy to his players & the football program. I don't blame him at all for not wanting to endure another season of the whining & drama at Carter High School.

Amen ... known him for years  .. 1st class and above board on anything he does .... Knox Co will regret it .. cant blame him a bit ..... I too think IMO he will help somebody ..just my opinion .. nothing I have heard. 

Coach McMillan is a class act. As for the coaching search their is no real search. Look who is in charge of finding a new coach an administration that doesn't care one bit about athletics. The next head coach will be the person who in the interview process says they will coddle the players and not discipline the players. The administration could care less about fielding a winning team. Which is sad because they got some real talent at Carter.

Edited by TheTruth001

• 2 weeks later...