knox west next head coach

Knoxtastic

If that is true, that doesn't speak well of Hamblen County at all. KCS pay simply isn't very competitive.

Pay isn't everything. I am not a coach. I am a band/choir director. I left a system last year that paid great. Had built great music program at the school I was at. But the administration both on the district and building level made my and other teachers lives miserable.

My resume and qualifications were stellar. I had 4 job offers when I decided to leave. 2 that I didn't even apply for. The school that I landed at gave me complete control of the program to run it how I saw fit. Gave me amazing financial resources for my program and the parental support is great. But I make $6500 less than where I was. If knox county schools offers good incentives in these other areas outside the financial realm good coaches/teachers will be interested.

Edited by BIGPURPLEMACHINE

Pay isn't everything. I am not a coach. I am a band/choir director. I left a system last year that paid great. Had built great music program at the school I was at. But the administration both on the district and building level made my and other teachers lives miserable.

My resume and qualifications were stellar. I had 4 job offers when I decided to leave. 2 that I didn't even apply for. The school that I landed at gave me complete control of the program to run it how I saw fit. Gave me amazing financial resources for my program and the parental support is great. But I make $6500 less than where I was. If knox county schools offers good incentives in these other areas outside the financial realm good coaches/teachers will be interested.

You make a good point. I'm certainly not saying that pay is everything, but it certainly is important. As HTV has pointed out in this thread and others, KCS has issues that go way beyond pay.

With that said, let's be honest - there'd be a LOT more teachers out there if their salaries were more competitive.

You make a good point. I'm certainly not saying that pay is everything, but it certainly is important. As HTV has pointed out in this thread and others, KCS has issues that go way beyond pay.

With that said, let's be honest - there'd be a LOT more teachers out there if their salaries were more competitive.

You are right on all points. I agree pay stinks for teachers on a whole. I just think that districts that don't offer the best pay scale could attract top talent if the other aspects associated with the job were outstanding. Pay is a big deal to a lot of people but schools should do everything they can to attract and retain top talent aside from that.

You are right on all points. I agree pay stinks for teachers on a whole. I just think that districts that don't offer the best pay scale could attract top talent if the other aspects associated with the job were outstanding. Pay is a big deal to a lot of people but schools should do everything they can to attract and retain top talent aside from that.

Spot on.

Here we are. A week into the new school year and still NO coach! Absolutely ridiculous! What is this administration waiting for? I don't understand! It is obvious they are looking outside of the current staff, unfortunately. What is the hold up? Make your decision and live with it.

So possibly put West in the same situation as it has been the last two years? People wanting the new coach gone and not having full support of the system, staff, and community? They have time for a head coach decision, however they should have a strength coach and other coaches that can put the players through workouts and continue to prepare them physically regardless of who the next coach is. If the admin can't get the staff to buy into what the new coach is bringing to the table, West will be in a similar situation sooner than later. Which will continue to cause the program to decline with its instability. I understand the new coach needs to communicate with the other coaches and make sure everyone is on the same page and understands the new system. But there is time for that.