Quarles leaving Maryville

GC_Quincy

ok u put some clarity on it. I thought u was serious then used lol in a condescending way, but understand now it was directed personally. I'm not a Maryville hater i just pull for the opposing team. This rebel flag has nothing to do with me hating on the rebs

How can you say you aren't a hater when you pull for the opposing team no matter what?

To most black folk I know, it is a very powerful symbol. Lynchings and terrorism of black folks in the south are attached to that flag. Most black folk I know attach the racial hate crimes of the past to that flag.

It is the symbol of bigotry, hatred, and murder.

Those things are attached to that flag.

They will be attached to that flag 200 years from today.

They will ALWAYS attached to that flag.

It's not a 'trivial' thing to me, nor was it trivial to the man you met. It is not a trivial thing to most of the black folks I know.

It is a serious as a heart attack.

This post should be shown on all boards across CoachT. Without a doubt the realist post I've read on here in my 14 years as a member.

And yes, a lot of Tennesseans were against secession but when push came to shove the state sided with the other southern states.

Just to be clear, the state legislature, which had an overwhelming Confederate majority (due to middle and western representation), rejected East Tennessee's desire to secede from Tennessee, and ultimately sent a military presence to the eastern part of the state in order to squash the resistance. East Tennessee didn't suddenly decide to align with the rest of the south. Officially, it was not their decision to make, thanks to the East Tennessee Convention's decision to separate from Tennessee only with the agreement of the state legislature.

In short, West Virginia did what East Tennessee was unable to do.

Edited by osunut2

So you don't know. Maybe you should do some research. Where has it been stated that minorities have issues with Maryville's flag?

MLREB eye don't and eye've gott on hangin out inn frunt ov tha traylur (wif tha opshunall non-lethal pole)...Sarry abowt Compy knott likin hit...  :popcorneater:

all.jpg

Edited by STARSNBARS

Mlreb u are well respected from the Maryville coachters, I'm sure your a great guy. I say this with no disrespect let this marinate your get offended cause blacks are offended by a symbol. Just a thought.

I'm not qualify to really sit and cry about the rebel flag. But if any doesn't understand why it's so offensive, take 10 blacks the age 60+ an have a meeting. If you don't leave that meeting teary-eyed then it will probably never affect u.

Obviously you don't understand.....at all. Have you seen Maryville's school flag? 

the reason why cause if Maryville program starts declining i wouldn't root for them to lose so much. It's just like the new england patriots we all want them to lose. But i will always respect the Maryville program, Quarles, other coaches and the passionate Rebels fans.

Boy, if this is you showin some respect; I'd really hate to see you show some disrespect.