Quarles leaving Maryville

GC_Quincy

Things are in chaos mode at Mairvul. All good things do come to an end sooner or later. Later in this case. It has been a good run for em, but they will just be another cellar dweller now. I'm sure he saw the talent pool has dwindled as most of the good ones are going to the counties schools next year.

Then the game will be played. WB gets rolled in first qtr. Then, the radio broadcast whining will begin! 😂😂😂

I'm a little confused.  What role is GQ taking with Furman?  Saw someone else announced as offensive coordinator.  Will he be a position coach or special teams coordinator?

Guys like him are very, very hard to replace.  Hope he's super successful and moves up the college coaching ranks quickly.  What an amazing record he put together.

was first listed as off coord, now as position coach

MAN I HAVE BEEN READING THIS POST AND GOVS 91 GOT ME LMAO!

HEY UT CHATT JUST GOT A NEW COACH THAT IS JUMPING FROM D3 TO D1 AND GQ COMING FROM HS COACHING KIDS. SO ITS SOME THAT QUESTION BOTH HIRES AND THEY BOTH GOT GREAT RESUMES SO YOU GOT TO START SOMEWHERE.

ALL THINGS COME TO AN END AND OUT WITH THE OLD AND IN WITH THE NEW.

#LOP

Hunt maybe .. dont see Rang or Rosser ..... Rang ( right or wrong ..baggage) and Rosser ( Rebels and rebel flag ??) Naw .... maybe Cane Ballard at Greeneville is a candidate ... and some past Maryville assistants that are coaching still ... will see what kind response from Middle TN

When I first read this post, I didn't realize that Rosser was the black coach currently at Knoxville Central who coached against Memphis East in the 4A championship game. Consequently, I read right over it because I assumed Rosser was white. It didn't register with me at the time. To be honest, I assumed that all of the coaches that were being suggested for the Maryville HC job where white. Rebel flags and all of that.

Now I understand why Tadvols made his original statement. However, I don't view his comments as such that the Maryville Administration wouldn't pursue an African American for the job. My thinking goes to would an African American want the job? It's Ole Miss all over again, but on a lower scale. I know I wouldn't. But thats just me. As an African American reared in Memphis, TN, I wouldn't touch that job with a ten foot pole.

There are probably some African American football coaches that would accept the job as HC at Maryville even with the present culture at Maryville. However, I think that there are quite a few who would just politely decline, even though they know it is a good job. The rebel flag waving would be a deal killer in most cases.

My 0.02 cents.

When I first read this post, I didn't realize that Rosser was the black coach currently at Knoxville Central who coached against Memphis East in the 4A championship game. Consequently, I read right over it because I assumed Rosser was white. It didn't register with me at the time. To be honest, I assumed that all of the coaches that were being suggested for the Maryville HC job where white. Rebel flags and all of that.

Now I understand why Tadvols made his original statement. However, I don't view his comments as such that the Maryville Administration wouldn't pursue an African American for the job. My thinking goes to would an African American want the job? It's Ole Miss all over again, but on a lower scale. I know I wouldn't. But thats just me. As an African American reared in Memphis, TN, I wouldn't touch that job with a ten foot pole.

There are probably some African American football coaches that would accept the job as HC at Maryville even with the present culture at Maryville. However, I think that there are quite a few who would just politely decline, even though they know it is a good job. The rebel flag waving would be a deal killer in most cases.

My 0.02 cents.

KWC,

I am a white guy and I worked an event in Knoxville with a black guy. We hit it off right away and laughed and joked like it was going out of style. At some point, another guy brought up the topic of the rebel flag and the black guy quickly said "I could never be friends with somebody who likes the rebel flag as a symbol". At which point I said "So you wouldnt be friends with me if I had a rebel flag bumper sticker on my truck even though we have a lot in common and get along very well?" He was silent for a long time and finally said "no". I didnt feel any ill will towards him for saying that, but I was disappointed that he would let something that seemed so trivial to me get in the way of friendship. When it comes to symbols like the rebel flag it's important to remember that symbols only have meaning if we attach meaning to them.