coaches on the hot seat for 2017

zoneread56

I would guess that Shinliver is gone if King John hires Harig like HTV said is rumored. Only good thing happening out of Harig being hired by King John is King John tells Shinliver to hire Harig as DC. His first move as the new DC should put # 51 back on defense at LB. He started at LB as a freshman and had a great future ahead of him until the new DC came in and PUT him at OT, OUT OF POSITION.

Personally, I don't blame WB for maybe scheduling some "weaker" opponents then playing a team like Alcoa. I mean when you're in the position they're in the best thing to do is play some teams you have a chance to beat. Frankly, WB doesn't have a chance at beating Alcoa, so in the position they're in now (looking for victories to boost team morale) why play Alcoa? It's a no brainer to me, and I can't say I blame them.

Edited by SweetScience

Bum Phillips once said there are only two types of coaches, those that are fired and those that are gonna be fired. A high school coach works realistically for less than minimum wage and has some of the biggest positive impact on kids in school. And then, they have to deal with prima donna "huddlrs", parents who think their kid is a 5-star recruit, open zones or pseudo zones, privates sweeping in to cull the cream of the crop, personal unnecessary administration interference and unrealistic expectations from folks like posters here. Not worth it. What I said years ago. But coaches today should be deemed saints today for what they have to endure. I agree with the one poster that is obscene to have a thread like this calling coaches out.

DW and TT, you all don't know what you are talking about if you are talking about Bearden. Their head coach does not have to teach a regular academic class, plus gets another supplement for being an athletic strengtn and conditioning coach for all teams at BHS. The catch is that he does not do strength and conditioning for all the other teams at BHS. He does it for football only. All other teams at BHS have to take money from their own budget if they want a strength and conditioning coach. Plus the HC has his assistants for help in the weight room also. I don't think he is just making minimum wage either if you really looked close at BHS and King Johns books at BHS.

This is a disrespectful thread. High School caches don't make millions like college and NFL coaches do. No doubt there are many coaches on the hot seat, but there shouldn't be a thread naming names..

Well college and NFL coaches that make millions of dollars get fired for going 1-9, 6-5, 4-7, plus two blow out defeats in a class that everyone goes to the playoffs. 11-21 in three seasons, no defense, and players don't have a chance to reach their full potential with a new position coach every year. Where are the wins on the 2017 schedule?

Personally, I don't blame WB for maybe scheduling some "weaker" opponents then playing a team like Alcoa. I mean when you're in the position they're in the best thing to do is play some teams you have a chance to beat. Frankly, WB doesn't have a chance at beating Alcoa, so in the position they're in now (looking for victories to boost team morale) why play Alcoa? It's a no brainer to me, and I can't say I blame them.

Alcoa/WB should be a rivalry game. 2 of only 4 schools in the county. Did AE run and hise from Fulton when they were on a streak? No, they got better and beat them this yr. When Maryville looked untouchable and was setti g records they may never be broken, alcoa (2a enrollment ) didnt run and hide, they kept playing and actually have the only 2 regular season wins any team has against maryville since 2003! (Thats really hard to wrap your brain around, but true , kudos to the rebs)

Running from a rival, especially an in county rival, only minutes away from your school, that is a third of the size of your school is a total snowflake , participation trophy, move by whoever made the decision.

WB plays alcoa in the other sports, Wb in the past has had success against alcoa in football.

Let them compete, make them work to get better , isnt that why they are there