coaches on the hot seat for 2017

zoneread56

As for Blount county: even though most people will be looking to see what happens at murvil with the change of head coaches, everyone will be checking out WB. This is either the 3rd or 4th yr for that head coach and they are still looking for more than 2 wins in a season. I am told their to be jr class is strong. But the past 2 yrs they had some of the best players in their history and couldn't find a way. Stay tuned.

I would think WBHS and Heritage in Blount co.    Might wonder if they really care at some of the schools in Knox co. 

Heritage just had their best record in 16 years. They went to the playoffs two years in a row, which is the first time since the 1980's. I think the coach is safe for awhile. 

The fact that we're talking about coaches "in the hot seat" in regards to HS football is crazy.

This isn't the SEC, where assistants get paid millions of bucks and it's all about talking those 5 star recruits with 4.4 speed to come to your school and play for you to prepare for their NFL careers.

Most coaches are teachers who get paid a few thousand bucks extra to pull 80-100 hour work weeks with assistant coaches they don't get to hire coaching up average teenage kids they don't get to recruit.  The coaching pay works out to well below minimum wage when you add up all the hours they put into that on top of teaching.

Unfortunately, that's the reality of how things are done now.  Maryville's new coach is automatically in the hot seat for not being George Quarles.  That's how messed up this line of thinking is.

Edited by BlueDevil58

A name I think of(and most people may disagree with me) is Gillum at Anderson County. All AC fans I've talked to say no way, but they have had back to back losing seasons and they aren't as talented as they were a few seasons ago. They went away from the Spread Option they had been running this past year and to me it hurt them. They do have a favorable schedule this upcoming season, but the pressure to win will be that much more with the easier schedule.

Heritage just had their best record in 16 years. They went to the playoffs two years in a row, which is the first time since the 1980's. I think the coach is safe for awhile.

Exactly!Hammontree is fine.As for SHAD!He isn't isn'the answer they thought they were getting.The talent at Blackman carried him and his true coaching abilities are showing.Dumb down the schedule like they did and he will get a couple to three more wins (maybe) but they had to make an easier schedule to do it,so who really wins in this??91 will that's about all.😊

Exactly!Hammontree is fine.As for SHAD!He isn't isn'the answer they thought they were getting.The talent at Blackman carried him and his true coaching abilities are showing.Dumb down the schedule like they did and he will get a couple to three more wins (maybe) but they had to make an easier schedule to do it,so who really wins in this??91 will that's about all.😊

Tell me more about this dumbed down schedule. :popcorneater: Edited by Governors91