coaches on the hot seat for 2017

zoneread56

alcoa (2a enrollment ) 

32h now Alcoee duz knott haiv 2A inrolemunt....Az a mattur ov fack....Thay iz purtee much inn tha middull ov 3A accordin' two tha laituest figgers frum Cuzzin Bernard's boyz att tha stait offuss....

http://tssaa.org/school-classifications-by-sport-2017-2021/#di-football

Eye do uhgree thait all tha cowntee teems ort two play each othurr...

:popcorneater:

Alcoa/WB should be a rivalry game. 2 of only 4 schools in the county. Did AE run and hise from Fulton when they were on a streak? No, they got better and beat them this yr. When Maryville looked untouchable and was setti g records they may never be broken, alcoa (2a enrollment ) didnt run and hide, they kept playing and actually have the only 2 regular season wins any team has against maryville since 2003! (Thats really hard to wrap your brain around, but true , kudos to the rebs)

Running from a rival, especially an in county rival, only minutes away from your school, that is a third of the size of your school is a total snowflake , participation trophy, move by whoever made the decision.

WB plays alcoa in the other sports, Wb in the past has had success against alcoa in football.

Let them compete, make them work to get better , isnt that why they are there

I reckon. to each their own, I guess.

32Hammer,

For what it's worth, I've actually heard Alcoa dropped us to get "better competition". That's all hearsay though just like some say WB is running from Alcoa.

Someone in admin told me about the 5th or 6th game of the season that they were not putting Alcoa back on the schedule.  Not that it matters to me one way or the other, it is what it is, but I don't believe that Alcoa dropped this game.

Wa

Well college and NFL coaches that make millions of dollars get fired for going 1-9, 6-5, 4-7, plus two blow out defeats in a class that everyone goes to the playoffs. 11-21 in three seasons, no defense, and players don't have a chance to reach their full potential with a new position coach every year. Where are the wins on the 2017 schedule?

DW and TT, you all don't know what you are talking about if you are talking about Bearden. Their head coach does not have to teach a regular academic class, plus gets another supplement for being an athletic strengtn and conditioning coach for all teams at BHS. The catch is that he does not do strength and conditioning for all the other teams at BHS. He does it for football only. All other teams at BHS have to take money from their own budget if they want a strength and conditioning coach. Plus the HC has his assistants for help in the weight room also. I don't think he is just making minimum wage either if you really looked close at BHS and King Johns books at BHS.

Wasn't talking about any particular coach.