AAA State Duals Predictions!

Bump11

On another note, as much of a Cleveland fan that I am, I want to say congrats to Science Hill on wrestling tough. I was glad they pulled out the 3rd place victory because all I heard about for 2 weeks was how Tennessee could upset Bradley or Cleveland lol. Also to Knox Halls that coach has that program going in the right direction and they don't get much respect.

Was only curious Bump. Maybe irrelevant to you.

oh im only curious too. Didnt mean that in a bad way. I was just saying that those 2 were staples in the top tier in the state and now neither is anywhere close to even making it to the state tourney. Heck i think i saw where hville only had like half a lineup this year. Just crazy how you can go from a top 8 team to an after thought within a few years Edited by Bump11

What was with all the forfeits in the Bradley vs Tn.High match?

It was all about survival at that point. We are not blessed with a 25 man roster and don't have the luxury of JV wrestlers to insert. As a matter of fact we normally only cover 13 of the 14 classes, sometimes we were able to insert our lone JV kid and bump everyone to fill all 14. It was a hard pill to swallow, but once I knew we were beat, we had to shift our focus to getting into consolation finals. We couldn't take a chance on an injury. It's the same concept of forfeiting out after securing a win at State duals.

This is our reality, last year we competed with 10/11 wrestlers, maybe not the best "show" sometimes when forfeits are involved but we have to make it work in the best interest of our team's goals.

Edited by tmarshall7

Region 4 is dominant for the right reasons. They have all the right people doing the right things and we should all take notes. I strongly believe that having UTC (the only DI wrestling program in the state) in their backyard is the main reason for being able to obtain and keep great wrestling minds. I also believe that if we could get a DI program at ETSU we could create a similar hotbed in the tri-cities.

However, until that happens, I just continue to get my kids and myself around the likes of Ben Smith and Josh Bosken and their programs as much as I can during the offseason. Through our Appy Elite and Team Cash trips our boys have seen what it takes to be at that level and I have learned a tremendous amount from both of these coaches. We may have to travel more to get the influences and competition we need, but it is definitely worth it being around those great people and ending a dual season the way we did. Those coaches are both very open for others to join them in improving. Coaches have to encourage their kids to take advantage of those opportunities to build their own programs.

As for our team, we return all but 3 seniors. One senior just started wrestling last season and the other two have great backups ready to step up. One being AAU State champion Joseph Frye and the other Isaiah Ryans who made a big statement at the Duals this weekend including a tech-fall in the last match of Wilson Central to win the match for us. Our program has never before made the State finals, but you best believe that is our goal next season that our boys believe is achievable!

Thank you to everyone who has congratulated our program. That group of boys who no one knew prior to this season worked very hard to make a name for themselves. They had a great weekend and I am very proud of their team effort.

• Upvote 1